MAC Viva Glam III

4.5

on 10/14/2008 10:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is, hands down, my all-time favorite lipstick. With my coloring, it works well for every day wear. When I think it has worn off, I check... but it's still there. At least two of my friends ran out to buy it as soon as they tried mine, too. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. It pretty much fell apart within a month, meaning the tube is difficult to transport.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this lipstick it makes me look sultry and very sexy. I like the color and I can pull it off well. I usually go for brown and mauve pink colors but this caught my attention. I love the smell and for the price which is a tiny bit steep for a lipstick it does the job, It's long lasting and even when your lips start to feel dry just dab some gloss lightly and your set cuz this baby won't come off at all. So this one a definite repurchase.

on 12/13/2007 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The color is beautiful, but it dries out my lips. Definitely need a gloss over top!

on 9/17/2007 10:00:00 PM

i love this color. this has got to be my favorite dark lip color. i would buy this again in a heart beat. i like this color much better that viva glam I.

on 8/23/2007 11:27:00 AM

I loved this color "back in the day". It is still really pretty to use if I were to get really dressed up...but now it just feels too heavy for just an average day (and alot of that has to do with my lifestyle changes). But this is such a deep brick red (not orange...I can't do orangey on my NW20 skin-dark brown hair and eyes). This definitely gives me a gothy snow white look. I will admit that this has fallen into that category of feeling dated. VVGIII and Fluid are two of my all time favorites & my two earliest MAC shades, but I feel like I am evoking the 90's when I try to wear them again. However, my friend who also has dark hair and eyes, but is much darker in skin tone, this just looks like a lovely red on her...not too dark. It is such a pretty color though, and now I just use a lipglass if I need to soften it up. It feels like old Hollywood glam to me.

on 8/23/2007 12:50:00 AM

satin-matte, vanilla scented loveliness....it's dark berry plum colour is too intense for the average white girl, but on brown girls, this is HEAVEN. a perfect bitten lip tone that looks juicey and lippy and deep and perfect. dabbed with a shimmery pink gloss, medium complexions positively glow. not to mention money well spent on mac's aids fund!

on 4/14/2007 12:42:00 PM

Got to be the prettiest, vampiest way to give to AIDS charity. It's a dark berry colour with a hint of purple/blue tone, so it's bound to suit nearly everyone. I apply it very lightly for a hint of colour, then put on a gloss. It gives me a natural look or can make me look like a sultry minx. HG red colour.

on 3/27/2007 2:15:00 PM

Lovely muted plum-blackberry shade, completely matte, semi-goth but looks so classy at the same time. I love this l/s!! I think this could work on a number of complexions. It's not too blue, not too brown, not too warm...works beautifully well with my NC27 skin tone. Would definitely not want to run out of this! UPDATE: I am not crazy about the formula on this l/s...it dries out my lips like crazy...I still love the color, though...

I’m a huge fan of Viva Glam III and will always have this in my traincase...it’s MY color! Dark, sultry, slightly gothish on ppp nw15 me. I wear this blotted on and slightly sheered out with a red lipliner (to up the red factor) for gorgeous high contrast drama between my lips and skin. I just can’t get away from it.

I LOVE the matte formula and MAC’s description of “muted-brownish plum” describes the color in the tube well. On my lips and sheered out though, this becomes a deep, muted burgundy. Never thought that a red liner would work so well, but it blends right in. (I use Rimmel’s l/l in “ravish”.) Will keep repurchasing!

NW15, green eyes, blondish/brown hair continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a simply wonderful lip color. The deep brick red is seductively glamourous in a huge way and reminiscent of screen beauties of the silent film era. Very dark, matte, and sexy. Goes on very smoothly and softly as well. Could make anybody feel glamourous.

Recommended for Medium Skin