November 27, 2014 | 1383 users online

Moisturizers - Jurlique - Clarifying Day Care Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2004 4:45:00 PM More reviews by BeKind20thers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is so-so. I liked the fact that it's natural and moisturized my face well. But it it's fragrance was too strong, it smelled nice though. It didn't feel like it absorbed in my skin, it felt covered and my face was shiny.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2004 4:36:00 AM More reviews by blue_sea707

HORRIBLE! I was looking for a good moisturisier for my normal 14-yo skin, and mum bought me a sample of this. Thank god it was a sample--this lotion is basially a pile of water yellow grease that doesn't absorb no matter what you do, and sits on top of the skin like a film. Utterly horrible and definitely not worth the price of the bottle if bought.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2004 12:18:00 AM More reviews by shirfene

The only thing I like about this moisturiser is the easy spreadable formula. Nonetheless, it will leave an oily slick, rather than being absorbed. Hate the yellowish oil and Jurlique's signature 'honey-like' scent. Also, known as a DAY CARE face lotion, it doesn't have any SPF. I would not recommend this product to anymore. It's AU$75 for 100ml, quite pricey in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 6:38:00 PM More reviews by bunny207

This is a daytime lotion. The lotion has a good consistency but was just okay. I bought the larger size that comes in a pump glass bottle (the smaller size doesn't come in a pump dispenser).

Please see my review of the Calendula cream (which I discuss the Jurlique line in general).

Like all Jurlique products, they contain a heavy earthy fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2004 12:27:00 PM More reviews by CranberryQueen

This is the first moisturizer that I have bought that actually works! It contains oils, which is a benefit that a lot of cosmetics and lotions have started to avoid. Despite the fact that is does contain these natural oils, my acne prone skin has not broken out at all since I began using this product a few months ago.

My skin is naturally oily but the skin on my nose and around my mouth would flake/peel, even though it was oily... This lotion has reduced the flaking and peeling to nothing. Applying makeup over this lotion is easy and it never feels cloying.

It does have a fragrance, but Jurlique does not artificially fragrance any of their products - so what you smell is natural and it does fade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2004 12:57:00 PM More reviews by ctang5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Throughout my life, I have never bought a single facial moisturizer repeatedly for 3 times. And I have used numerous brands in my life....from Clarins to Chanel, Kiehl's, Shiseido, Lancome, Nars, Clinique, Caudalie, Decleor......

This moisturizer is perfect for my skin - which used to be sensitive, dry with oily t-zone and occasional breakouts. I find this lotion very calming for my skin and it not only gives it sufficient moisture, but also a very nice glow. I use it all over my face. More in the winter (about 2 pumps). And I even use it on my eyes. Believe it or not, I don't even need an eye cream/gel anymore. (Though I have to admit I'm only 27, so when I reach 30 I probably will need a separate eye cream. Still, I used to NEED an eye cream when I was using other facial moisturizers, but I don't anymore.) I really really have to say I love this product. Now my skincare routine is the simplest in years and my skin is best! I don't even need a toner. Each day I just cleanse my face and use this moisturizer. At most I use a facial mask twice a week. That's it. The small bottle is horrible though. Now I'm using the big bottle with the pump and it's so much better. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2003 9:40:00 AM More reviews by outi

This lotion is special. WHen I received it, I thought the bottle of glass (I think it's glass) was horrible, since you can't get anything out of it, and if you do, it's very little. BUT I noticed that you need very little to, just a few drops, and it makes my skin so soft, and incredibly healthy looking...it's amazing!
I think it's a pity it doesn't come in a different package, but okay, you can't have it all. one tip, don't put a lot of it, since it moisterizes your skin thoroughly... great lotion!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2003 9:37:00 AM More reviews by plumduff

Blech. Too highly fragranced for my sensitive skin, and the scent overpowered my perfume all day. Jurlique ought to know better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2003 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ehau22

Very good product.. I've been through so many expensive brands of moisturisers and this, I must say, has been the best so far. I have combination oily/with dry patches skin and it totally blances my skin and clears my blackheads. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2003 8:49:00 PM More reviews by bigbrowneyes823

This is a great lotion. It absorbs right into the skin, and keeps my skin perfectly hydrated all day. I also like the fact that with this lotion (as with all of Jurlique;'s products) a little bit goes a long way. Jurlique's line is all natural, and I like the smell of the aromatic herbs contained in the lotion. This lotion doesn't leave my combination skin oily, another bonus. The one thing I wish was that this lotion had a built in sunscreen. I use this when I am not going to be spending a lot of time outdoors, and I will most definetely buy again...and again!