April 16, 2014 | 2037 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

one of my favorite ES for dark smokey purple eyes -- or to use with satin taupe on the lid and SL in the contour.. it is such a dark deep color it looks almost blackened purple but doesn't have the harsh black look.

I love this color and will always use it for mu apps.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this eye shadow for the crease! It's a great deep matte purple. Although I feel I could find a different eye shadow that looks like this that is a lot cheaper, I still think I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

I have this in my Shadowy Lady quad (rec this)
I love this shade. I was so sad when I nicked it while depotting since it's matte it will not repress well with alcohol. So, I just kinda pressed it back into place and it's good to go.

I like this near my lashline for a simple smokey eyes.

Gorgeous w/ Smudged Violet! Illegal Cargo! Shale, Satin Taupe, YSL #9 e/s duo--just about anything really.

I also really like Beauty marked which it's Shadowy Lady's flamboyant cousin. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't wear a lot of eyeshadow (and never in the crease) but I LOVE this colour as a smudged/smoky liner. To echo an earlier review, it's the perfect black-purple that doesn't have red in it like most plums and purples do, especially liners. It has great staying power when layered and darkened with an angled liner brush. That said, it isn't as pigmented as it looks, and is difficult to get it as dark as the pot seems to promise.

I have really dark features, black eyelashes, and hate the harsh cartoony look of black liner, and have trouble finding dark-enough browns and purples for daily wear. This is in regular rotation for me.

I did wear it as a crease shadow for my wedding. It's a little hard to blend, yes, but I felt that was to be expected from its matte-ness. I just put it on top of a more neutral shade.

Like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my fav mac eyeshadows. It is such a great color. You can use it with any look to darken up the crease. Buttt.... Good luck blending this out. It does not blend well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually exchanged "All That Glitters" for this and I am so glad. This is a very dark purple (leans toward the black side). I love to use this for an smokey eye effect. It looks great with my brown eyes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

Awesome, versatile crease color for making a different kind of smoky eye. My new favorite crease color, it very well does go with all kinds of shadows. It is difficult to blend, which is why I took off a lippie. I do love that it's a matte shadow, I wish I bought it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by jensthirdsn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I looooove this. Its my HG I wear it just about every day. It is the perfect shade. You can build it up to make it reallyyyyy dark or you can blend it out to make it really light and subtle. I would buy this over and over again. I always get compliments on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 6:11:00 AM More reviews by maggiealex

A velvety matt very dark purply blue colour with very good pigmentation. Ideal for smokey looks or for the crease and outer V area! Will look goon on all skintones

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by nursesc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an okay dark crease color. It gives off a blackish purple shade with NO shimmer (it is a matte). I use it to make a smokey look but mostly I use it as an eyeliner shadow. I'm more fair so alittle goes along way. No bad complaints, just nothing special!