October 25, 2014 | 1164 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

Shadowy Lady is a gorgeous blackened purple. It definitely leans to the cool side and is a matte shade. The problem with it is the texture. Shadowy Lady is dry, chalky, and difficult to blend (or swatch, for that matter). It works well for smudging out liner or as a liner itself because you're using it in a concentrated manner (even better wet), but when used as a crease color over, it's hard to blend and can get patchy. Not the worst in the world, but there's certainly better out there. MAC released a LE shade called Graphology that is ten times better. If you're on the hunt for a good dark purple, I'd check your CCO for that one before you buy this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by jenn7985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

this is my new HG liner. it makes my green eyes pop without being too over the top or in your face. i love using this with a wash of Naked pigment on the lid, a light wash of Blondes Gold in the crease and Shadowy Lady as a liner.. very simple and stunning at the same time

i love MAC shadow pots as i usually depot them and return the pots for a lipstick... recyle and look great.. what could be better

the texture of this shadow is rich and buttery and its very pigmented so a little goes a long way

i will def repurchase if i ever run out!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 5:14:00 AM More reviews by LIZlawlz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this color! It is a deep matte plum/aubergine color. I have green eyes and love using purple shades both as shadow and liner. I find that this is one of the BEST shadows to use as a liner. Highly pigmented, blendable, and soft. It can give a great smokey plum look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A beautiful and stunning blackened plum eyeshadow. I enjoy wearing it in the crease for a dramatic smokey purple eye. For a daytime look a small amount blended into the crease with a neutral brown on the lid delivers just enough definition and makes my green eyes pop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

one of my favorite ES for dark smokey purple eyes -- or to use with satin taupe on the lid and SL in the contour.. it is such a dark deep color it looks almost blackened purple but doesn't have the harsh black look.

I love this color and will always use it for mu apps.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this eye shadow for the crease! It's a great deep matte purple. Although I feel I could find a different eye shadow that looks like this that is a lot cheaper, I still think I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

I have this in my Shadowy Lady quad (rec this)
I love this shade. I was so sad when I nicked it while depotting since it's matte it will not repress well with alcohol. So, I just kinda pressed it back into place and it's good to go.

I like this near my lashline for a simple smokey eyes.

Gorgeous w/ Smudged Violet! Illegal Cargo! Shale, Satin Taupe, YSL #9 e/s duo--just about anything really.

I also really like Beauty marked which it's Shadowy Lady's flamboyant cousin. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't wear a lot of eyeshadow (and never in the crease) but I LOVE this colour as a smudged/smoky liner. To echo an earlier review, it's the perfect black-purple that doesn't have red in it like most plums and purples do, especially liners. It has great staying power when layered and darkened with an angled liner brush. That said, it isn't as pigmented as it looks, and is difficult to get it as dark as the pot seems to promise.

I have really dark features, black eyelashes, and hate the harsh cartoony look of black liner, and have trouble finding dark-enough browns and purples for daily wear. This is in regular rotation for me.

I did wear it as a crease shadow for my wedding. It's a little hard to blend, yes, but I felt that was to be expected from its matte-ness. I just put it on top of a more neutral shade.

Like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my fav mac eyeshadows. It is such a great color. You can use it with any look to darken up the crease. Buttt.... Good luck blending this out. It does not blend well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually exchanged "All That Glitters" for this and I am so glad. This is a very dark purple (leans toward the black side). I love to use this for an smokey eye effect. It looks great with my brown eyes!