November 24, 2014 | 1760 users online

Eye Shadow - Ben Nye - Lumiere Grande Colour

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2006 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Lividity

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I use the colors in this palette, I feel absolutely glamourous!
For a powder, this feels absolutely creamy to the touch, and goes on beautifully. Not only that, but the colors are intense and highly pigmented, so a little bit goes an incredibly long way. It's rather easy to build intensity, especially if I'm going for a more dramatic look.
What I love the most is the tin paint box that it comes in, that way I won't have to worry about my eyeshadows crashing together and crumbling.
I really love using it with my Kryolan to deliver even more intense and shimmery results. (It also helps to set the Kryolan a little bit better, which I love!)
The price for this is excellent. You get so much more than you would with mainstream brands - and that includes MAC!!
This is easily a winner, and another staple in my makeup bag!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2005 3:25:00 PM More reviews by malaya82

These shadows are absolutely amazing. I am truly, truly in love with them. The Lumiere Grande Colours come with a lot of product, the pigmentation is great, they're reasonably priced, and the colors they have are beautiful and rather unique. My only true complaint is the small range of color. Definitely not as wide a range as MAC, but IMO, many of these shadows are of better quality. Also, Ben Nye products are not easy to come by and I can see how ordering them online can be problematic (the pictures I've seen on many sites aren't really true to the colors themselves). I've heard that people are able to find them at Hot Topic, but I've never seen them there. I picked up one at Ricky's NYC when I was back home for the holidays (but they jacked up the price to $10), and I also found a costume shop here in OC that sold all of the Ben Nye products, but I'd imagine they're harder to come by in other parts of the US. Otherwise, awesome product! I definitely plan on expanding my collection of these.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2005 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Serendipitygal

I bought several Ben Nye eye products after seeing the reviews here, and have been disappointed by all of them. The colors of this shadow weren't even close to the pics on the website I ordered from. One of the dark colors I ordered to use as a liner had those stupid little sparkles in it. The sparkles flaked all over my face(as did the shadow.) So much for ordering off the web. I'll stick to buying in person; that way I'll be sure to like the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2005 10:05:00 AM More reviews by instinctivepush

I currently own a number of the different lumiere colors, and I must say, they're my favorite for everyday use.

Not only are the shadows highly pigmented (I barely have to use any to cover my lid), they're very simple to blend and have an amazing texture, they're very smooth.

I'm so pleased that I got a Ben Nye catalog, I think I will be doing more orders very soon from them. This eyeshadow completely won me over, I even like them better than MAC!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2004 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Miss_Binky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is AWESOME! Super pigmented, soft, fluffy, metallic! Only $8 for $25 quality! The only drawback IMO is the rubberized NARS-like pkging that gets dirty looking quickly-overall tho just great! One of the best shadows I have ever tried!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2004 8:36:00 PM More reviews by evisceria78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In general I like the lumiere's as apposed to matte shadow. They all have a pearlescent like sheen. I totally love them almost more than MAC

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2004 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Carolynbeck

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have Bronze, Indian Copper & Tangerine & love all of them..I like colors on the more natural side & these 3 are wonderful. They are highly pigments & some sheen to them but not too much. I love the new cases too..better color & quality then MAC & cheap as usual..BN is wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2004 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Miwako

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought two colors after reading great reviews on this product. Starry Night, which is a black w/glitter in it and Chartreuse (I think that's what the color is called -- Green). The colors are nice and rich. I've been using starry night everyday for eyeliner w/a flat brush (if I'm wearing red lipstick). And if I'm wearing a lighter lipstick I'll wear this as shadow. It really does last and doesn't give me raccoon eyes like the waxy eyeliners. I'd really like to get more colors one day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2003 3:46:00 AM More reviews by divinevi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Azalea...what a stunning pink-red colour. The texture of this is fine milled and hardy. I noticed it mentioned in a beauty magazine feature and hopped on over to the theatrical makeup outlet.
The hue of this is with the slightest purple-mauve to bring out the blood and vibrancy to any eventful face. With a heavy application you could find a very useful product for a theatrical face be it for more stunning street wear or ...set up in the limelight. I have to wait though as it has sold out. I started ahead on a ben nye palette with chartreuse (green-yellow) and amythest (purple) in the same line. They are similarly bright though not as adaptable. The containers are nice and large which again is handy for the theatrical makeup collection - or maybe a pro's - or just the person who likes to play hard at her makeup. I'm ppp and blue eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2003 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Spastik_Kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently purchased Azalea in this product at a store in New Orleans for $12 USD, now I know I payed much higher than the typical price for this product but it's worth it. Even though the colour in the pot is much redder than on, it still gives a wonderful rich red-cherry and can be blended to a much softer version. The texture is wonderful and the packaging (even though a little difficult to open) is quite sharp to look at and very solid. This works wonderful dry or wet.