April 16, 2014 | 1418 users online

Pressed Powders - Sonia Kashuk - bare minimum pressed powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2005 11:23:00 AM More reviews by syielmun

The texture of this powder is very silky and fine. I used almost all of it, but I hate when a powder starts to break into pieces. I dumped about a 1/3 into the trash. I didn't abuse it, so I think that what I liked most about it (the softness) is what killed it for me in the end. I don't think anyone would be dissapointed with it coverage wise, but I would rather try something else; Especially for the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2004 4:00:00 PM More reviews by MyNewHobby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Extremely impressed at how fine this powder comes up on the brush. I do not use the sponge that comes with it. I use this to set my makeup and I haven't required touchups throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2004 9:21:00 AM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

I bought this powder on a whim when I got bored buying everything from Lancome to cover girl (ICK) and I have to say I am pleased. I have this in translucent but to me it has light to med coverage and some color...luckily it has a light yellow toned color so it matchesme perfect. To me it has no smell and is very finely milled so it goes on super smooth. I have large pores and it doesnt accentuate them but doesnt make them smaller either so I guess I can deal with this for $9. I am tired of spending so much on cosmetics and dept store lines that I am trying all kinds of lower end brands and this one is the best so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2004 4:47:00 AM More reviews by mochaviolino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

great product. bought this in wheat, which has yellow tones, and matches my skin PERFECTLY. i'll admit it is matte, but since i live in phoenix az, i'll take that over incredibly shiny skin anyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2004 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved SK's loose powder so much in "Flesh" that I got the press powder in "Translucent" for touch-ups. I really like how matte this powder is on my oily combination skin, especially in this hot Las Vegas weather. It gives medium converage but was sheer enough to work for my NC 35-42 skintone. The powder is very yellow-based, but translucent indeed. I have tried so many press powders and this is the best lowend press powder on the market IMHO. Plus for $8.99 - the price is right. A total bargain at the prices I am accustomed to paying. It works way better than some other highend powders.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2004 6:48:00 AM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this just to try something different than my usual Maybelline Shine Free. I have it in 'Wheat' which is a sort of a medium tannish color. It matches my skin but is somewhat heavy & chalky, and if I don't blend it well I can see it sitting on my skin. And damnit, this stuff smells funny. Not bad, just wierd. Almost mediciney. I'll use it up, but probably won't repurchase. It's not terrible or even bad, I like it, but there's better powders out there. I do love the packaging though. Very slick.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2004 1:35:00 PM More reviews by DeedeeL

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in a panic when I realized on my way to work that my beloved japonesque teeny sifter full of MUFE Super Mat loose powder was still on my bathroom counter at home... and I cannot go an hour without blotting and powdering. So, I ran into Target and grabbed this product in Translucent. It's a perfect sorta pale yellow based beige... great new packaging (large white compact with mirror and puff inside), no comedeogenic ingredients, and kills shine instantly. My only complaint is that this is one of those powders that goes on almost too matte and too heavy at first but it dies down quickly once it contacts your skin's oil. I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin. But for normal/combo/oily girls this is a very refined, silky powder with surprising coverage at an excellent price ($8.99). Ten times better than L'Oreal's pressed powder and sure beats those awful Isopropryl palmitate-ladened NYC powders or gritty Cornsilk and CG concotions.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2004 1:05:00 PM More reviews by MkChic

This powder is very silky and provides more coverage than other powders I've used. The two main problems for me is the cheap smell and it doesn't last long on my combo-oily skin. At least it didn't break me out and i bought it on sale for $5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2004 8:19:00 PM More reviews by twinstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very silky powder and doesn't look chalky. Goes on too heavily with the enclosed applicator though, so I have to use this with a brush. Also, I bought a shade too dark because it looked alot lighter in the pan. Probably would've liked this alot more had I got the right color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2003 5:36:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

GREAT, extremely high quality, finely milled, SILKY pressed powder! I love it! Does it's job and at $8 it's a steal! Plus it comes in a sleek, chic silver compact.