December 21, 2014 | 1601 users online

Pressed Powders - Sonia Kashuk - bare minimum pressed powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2005 7:30:00 PM More reviews by CathyD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm very fair and it's very hard to come by powders that's light enough for me. I went to Target and saw this (Chiffon) and got it on a whim to test it out because it's cheap. I was surprised that it was a pretty finely milled powder and it kept my face from shining even after all day. For the price, I would get this again. I was using Becca pressed powder but I find it this is better than Becca.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2005 9:12:00 AM More reviews by xxparisonfire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yet another Sonia Kashuk product that I'm very displeased with. Once again I bought this in "Chiffon", as I'm the lightest shade in every line of makeup and it was white chalk on my skin and highlighted my pores very nicely *insert sarcasm*.

I'm returning this and probably never buying another Sonia Kashuk product again

I buy makeup to feel good about myself...not feel like crap when I look in the mirror.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2005 2:17:00 PM More reviews by meltywarhol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this powder in translucent and really like it. It's a pale, yellow-based color that's very flattering to my warm toned skin. It's soft and blends easily without looking "powdery." The coverage is light to moderate, which is fine for my needs, and it works well for subduing shine on my nose and setting my makeup. The only thing I dislike about this is that it doesn't seem to be wearing away from the pan evenly; I've noticed this problem with other low-end powders and blushes. It doesn't seem to affect the performance, but it makes the product look a bit icky.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2005 2:58:00 PM More reviews by NatalieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the silkiest powders I have found and it provides light coverage on top of my liquid foundation. I gave this a try and haven't been able to give it up! I have very fair skin and Chiffon is only a tad too dark for me. My only complaint is that it is relatively expensive for such a small amount of product, as I go through it quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2005 11:23:00 AM More reviews by syielmun

The texture of this powder is very silky and fine. I used almost all of it, but I hate when a powder starts to break into pieces. I dumped about a 1/3 into the trash. I didn't abuse it, so I think that what I liked most about it (the softness) is what killed it for me in the end. I don't think anyone would be dissapointed with it coverage wise, but I would rather try something else; Especially for the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2004 4:00:00 PM More reviews by MyNewHobby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Extremely impressed at how fine this powder comes up on the brush. I do not use the sponge that comes with it. I use this to set my makeup and I haven't required touchups throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2004 9:21:00 AM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

I bought this powder on a whim when I got bored buying everything from Lancome to cover girl (ICK) and I have to say I am pleased. I have this in translucent but to me it has light to med coverage and some color...luckily it has a light yellow toned color so it matchesme perfect. To me it has no smell and is very finely milled so it goes on super smooth. I have large pores and it doesnt accentuate them but doesnt make them smaller either so I guess I can deal with this for $9. I am tired of spending so much on cosmetics and dept store lines that I am trying all kinds of lower end brands and this one is the best so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2004 4:47:00 AM More reviews by mochaviolino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

great product. bought this in wheat, which has yellow tones, and matches my skin PERFECTLY. i'll admit it is matte, but since i live in phoenix az, i'll take that over incredibly shiny skin anyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2004 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved SK's loose powder so much in "Flesh" that I got the press powder in "Translucent" for touch-ups. I really like how matte this powder is on my oily combination skin, especially in this hot Las Vegas weather. It gives medium converage but was sheer enough to work for my NC 35-42 skintone. The powder is very yellow-based, but translucent indeed. I have tried so many press powders and this is the best lowend press powder on the market IMHO. Plus for $8.99 - the price is right. A total bargain at the prices I am accustomed to paying. It works way better than some other highend powders.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2004 6:48:00 AM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this just to try something different than my usual Maybelline Shine Free. I have it in 'Wheat' which is a sort of a medium tannish color. It matches my skin but is somewhat heavy & chalky, and if I don't blend it well I can see it sitting on my skin. And damnit, this stuff smells funny. Not bad, just wierd. Almost mediciney. I'll use it up, but probably won't repurchase. It's not terrible or even bad, I like it, but there's better powders out there. I do love the packaging though. Very slick.