August 21, 2014 | 1756 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Fresh Moroccan Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my favorite MAC l/s right now, its either this or Double Shot. Its just the most perfect red, with gold specks. Its not TOO red that you feel you have to be so careful putting it on. It looks great if I am tan in the summer, or more pale in the winter. It wears down nice too, which is what I think I like the most. A nice reddish stain, the gold flecks don't get all clumped up, its not drying, not gritty. Its really very nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2007 7:47:00 AM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This really is just like Rage, only with lots of gold shimmer. Do I really need both? No...but both of them are so gorgeous, such great winter reds for my pale, warm-toned complexion. (NW20, freckles, green eyes, reddish brown hair.) MAC really is the most awesome source of red lipsticks. I'm pretty sure they have one for everyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_L

very pretty burnt red brown color with golden shimmer. looks nice paired with the right liner on me, a dark-skinned af. am. beautiful!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I am NC30 with golden undertones, pigmented lips. This goes on a touch warmer and lighter than Dubonnet, and with golden shimmer. This is my first Frost lipstick and the shimmer isn't that obvious, but it is slightly more drying than my favorite Lustre formulation, and makes my lips look slightly wrinkly looking. I wouldn't repurchase this because I already have Dubonnet, and I really don't need that many red lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by princess2006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this recently because I have been wearing lots of plum colored lipsticks and wanted something a little more red. When I went to the MAC counter, I described what I wanted but specifically said that I did not want a frost. This color was suggested to me and after swiping it on my hand I decided I'd give it a try! After I got home I tried it and loved it! I went on the MAC website to see how they described the color and saw that it was a frost. I was a so surprised! Anyway, it's a beautiful red coppery color, a little bit of gold shimmer. I find it a bit drying but I always put chapstick on under my lipstick. The main reasons I didn't want a frost was because of the glitter and the dryness factor, but none of those seem to be a factor in this lipstick as long as you keep your lips moisturized. The glitter is not at all obvious in this. Someone commented that this is too bright for the office. I suppose it depends on your skin tone. I'm planning on wearing this casually and layering the color on a bit more for fancier occasions. Def a keeper and worth trying!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2007 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Darling12

I ADORE Fresh Morrocan. Red's tend to look not so great on me, but this one, having a nice deep brick base, and a a nice gold shimmer, works WONDERS on my very warm, but slightly pale complexion. It's a great shade for brunettes, although on blondes I could see it being severe, and on red-heads a little off-base. I've never used a photo in a review before, but since I love this so much I guess I will. The lipliner is a basic red lip pencil and the lipstick is Fresh Morrocan.

continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 10:44:00 AM More reviews by JacksSnacks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know how else to explain this lipstick except to say that this is what I've spent years searching for. The color in the tube is a scarlet/ruby color with gold shimmer. Basically the ruby slippers in a tube, with a slight hint of brown. On the lips, this color is red with gold/bronze shimmer. It's daytime dark red that looks somewhat natural, despite being totally obviously red. I wear this to work and don't get any "what the heck is that" looks at all, and trust me, there's a woman notorious for those looks around here. It's a frost, so it's slightly drying but if you put a gloss on top the color becomes somewhat more subtle and the drying effect isn't as bad. I use the CO Bigelow lip balm in color 1139 on top and the brown red quality of the gloss makes this look amazing.

This is somewhat like Clinique black honey on me, but more red, more obvious, and more polished looking. LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2006 8:04:00 AM More reviews by cliosiren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this lipstick! It's the perfect summer "red"--a bit bronzy, not muddy, and with some shimmer. I have fair skin with blue undertones and tend to turn makeup orange, but not this. I always feel very glamorous when I wear it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 5:36:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(NC43 Studio Fix, CCC here!) Ugh. I'm often in some euphoric trance while at the MAC counter and the visit when I purchased this was no exception. I was "caught up in the moment", the MA gushing about how lovely this new color was and I fell into the hype. Looked fine on my hand (I really have to get out of that habit, it's just that it's a quick method and normally works for me) but once I got it home and wore it for the first time (the next day) I hated it! And maybe it was just the lot that my tube was from, but this was one of the driest lipsticks I'd ever worn (and those sparklies didn't help that fact). I still haven't tried it with a gloss of any type, so maybe I should. Guess I'm still mad about the purchase -- from MONTHS ago.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2006 10:38:00 PM More reviews by MACAddiction

I adore this l/s. It is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. I wear it when I want a sophisticated, earthy look. It is a brownish red, with a hint of copper, and since it is a frost it has glitter that is unleashed when you add a Lustreglass or Lipglass. Since I am in my use up what I don't want phase, I coat it with a layer of Pink Clash and the combination is simply divine. However, I have also coated it with a sparkly coral l/g (Lancome) and the effect is so lovely. I got it through to B2M, but I would buy again and again (or get it for free through B2M he he).