Cle de Peau Loose Powder

4.5

Active Ingredient: Purpose Titanium Dioxide 9.9; Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dipropylene Glycol, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Xylitol, Butylene Glycol, Peg-150, Erythritol, Aluminum Distearate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Barium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Rosa Roxburghii Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Prunus Speciosa Leaf Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Isostearic Acid, Trisodium Edta, Tocopherol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alcohol, Talc, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 5/13/2007 8:08:00 PM

Too cakey for me, messy, messy, messy! I think there are much better powders out there for the money. I'm currently using Chantantecaille & love it. Chanel Double Perfection compact is a good one too!

on 12/14/2006 7:35:00 AM

it is very finely milled, the finest powder i've used.
However, it looks pink if i used too much. i will try chantecaille later, as it's talc free and got a better colour range.

on 12/4/2006 9:53:00 AM

I've wanted to try this product for ages (it seems to have universally great reviews) and finally shelled out 65 - GULP!

The packaging is dreadful. The net in mine doesn't seem to fit and powder gets everywhere. You certainly couldn't use this if you were travelling!

The powder is beautiful - very finely milled. However it's far too pink and seems to have a slight sparkle. Over a yellow based foundadtion the pink effect is minimised, but on bare skin the pink is really apparent.

I wont buy this when it runs out - too pink, too pricey!

on 12/2/2006 11:27:00 PM

I debated whether or not to try this product for a while because it's so expensive. After trying it out, I don't think I'll repurchase. It's definitely a high quality, finely milled loose powder - one of the best that I've tried. It leaves my Asian skin looking very natural with a slight warm glow, not ashy or pasty at all. Applying with the powder puff leaves a lovely finish. However, like the previous reviewer, I find that this powder breaks me out and makes my skin itchy. Although the powder is airy, it's still visible (that cakey-powdery finish) on my skin and doesn't really cover up my pores. I prefer BE's Mineral Veil to this - it's much lighter, doesn't break me out, makes my pores disappear, and is a much more reasonable price. I can see why some people would really love this, but it just didn't work for me.

on 12/2/2006 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After reading the rave reviews I took the plunge & purchased this powder. I love the texture & how it looked on my skin (very natural). However, I'm sad to report that it broke me out within 1 week. I took the ingredients listed on the packaging to my dermatologist & he said that this product was loaded with comogenic properties - Mica being the main culpret. I always need a 2nd opinion so I researched the internet on Mica, Talc, etc. & it was confirmed. I would not recommend this product to anyone who is acne prone.

on 11/5/2006 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I ordered and just received this powder because of the rave reviews. I like it but in a picture of me I looked too pink! I have lessened the amount I use. Did anyone else have trouble with the packaging? The little net that goes over the powder on mine didn't fit and now the powder is everywhere in the box!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Perfection. This powder has desert island carry-on status with me. It sets my foundation and smooths out my complexion. Initially, I look pretty porcelain and powdered, but within 20 minutes, it warms up or something and looks imperceptible on my skin. Like I have naturally lovely skin. I do wish they had a yellow version because I think it would brighten my face, but the pinkish tint really is invisible. UPDATE: just thought I'd let you guys know I hit bottom after six months. So much for it lasting *FOREVER*, but oh well. It's still the best.

on 10/9/2006 10:24:00 PM

Very expensive but truly worth it. This is probably the best loose powder out there. It's so silky fine that it makes my skin appear poreless when I put this on.

on 10/9/2006 1:21:00 PM

After having researched loose powders for a few months, I concluded that I must try this one out and I wasn't disappointed.
-Outstanding powder texture; very lightweight and silky.
-Absolutely invisible finish without being flat or TOO powdery.
-Old fashioned but practical packaging.
-Lasts a really long time.
-Not overly drying but not at all moisturizing.
-For oil, touchups are required.
-Practical and silky puff comes with.

While almost everyone claims that the pink colour of the powder does not appear on the skin, it does on certain people. You wouldn't notice it if you didn't look for it but it exists *wink*

on 10/8/2006 2:00:00 AM

This is by far the most expensive cosmetic that I own, and I love it. It is light and wonderfully fine-milled and thankfully will last me forever. I have sort of dry but combo skin and this looks wonderful and natural on me all day long. Keeping the T-zone shine away while not caking or looking chaulky on the dry areas. I gave a small container to my sister in law to try as she swears that she gets the oilies and shine after a few hours no matter what powder she uses, but this worked wonderfully for her and she didn't have the three hour shine. She wanted some immediately. The price is obscene and the packaging is a pain, but it still is the best loose powder around.

Recommended for Normal Skin