August 29, 2014 | 1836 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Grain

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by julieanne80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't really like this shadow. I bought it online, so I guess that's my own fault since I find shades are often very different in person than what they appear to be online. I thought it might be a good highlight color but really, it hardly shows up at all on my light-mediumish skin. I feel like I have to pack it on just to get it to show through. I was surprised to see how many people loved this on MUA. Oh well, to each their own. I'll stick to my beloved Dazzlelight and stop trying to find a replacement for a highlight I already love!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Sweetienat123

Love this as a highlight/browbone color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

I love this. This is my absolute favorite lid color for every day. It looks extremely natural on my pale skin - my lid but better. It's a nude, flesh-toned satiny color with the teeniest bit of sheen to it, which is one of the things that make it so great: Being a neutral, it would look dull and flat were it completely matte; invisible, even. But this seems like the perfect mix of flesh and sheen (95% flesh, 5% sheen) that will just make your eyes more awake without looking made up. Highly, highly recommended for fair complexions. Also looks great on mature skin as it's not shimmery (and therefore doesn't accentuate lines and wrinkles), as well as on darker skin tones as a discrete browbone and cheekbone highlighter. This is precisely what was missing from my dream quad - Grain, Wedge, Concrete and Mylar are now officially my go-to colors. The only tiny drawbacks to it are a) it turns slightly orangey when blended towards the crease so I always run the risk of looking a little tired if I don't place a cool crease color where this fades out, and b) it takes a while to see its true color, as you have to apply about 3-4 times before you get decent payoff. Despite all this though, I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For years Naked Lunch was my go to old faithful eye opening lid colour. The kind of shadow that you can wear on the lid alone or with a variety of different colours in the crease and outer V. Recently I purchased Grain and I'm in absolute love with this shadow! It has replaced my old faithful Naked Lunch and is probably one of the most used shadows in my collection. On my fair skin it shows up as a soft golden beige with slight peach undertones and the most beautiful shimmery sheen. The sheen is not at all over the top, nor glittery. Grain's texture is so creamy, smooth and very blendable. A great shadow that I can and have used either on the lid, brow bone, and as a blending colour for the upper crease. Highly recommend this shadow!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love grain! It's the perfect all over color - I can apply it all over my lid, under the brow bone, and in the inner corner. This color seems to go great with whatever I pair it with. I especially applying grain all over the lid and up to the brow bone and then blending some soft brown into the crease. Those shadows together add a great warmth to my eyes (I'm cool-neutral toned) that I just love! I think this color would look great on any skin tone and it has a beautiful sheen to it. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

This is the perfect shadow for pretty much every skin tone , I use it as a hilite it's very pretty sheen color it's got just enough color .... I was using nylon which I love but it's allot more shimmery ( more for nightime look ) and blanc type is more matte ( day time look ) this color to me is the perfect combination of both of the shadow mentioned above ;) love it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by kawiki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The PERFECT my-lids-but-better eyeshadow. It's a light nude with a sheen, not a shimmer. I use it pretty much everyday. I think it would work for all skin types and shades, darker girls can use it as an awesome highlight and lighter girls can use it on the lid.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by delphinium83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this light brown satiny finish eye shadow! I use it as a lid color for a neutral look with some light pink colors and Satin Taupe in the crease and outer v.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by melodymy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not enjoy Grain! It is very close to my skin colour (NW20), so it is great for blending. But there is nothing interesting about the colour for me. I do not regret purchasing this eyeshadow but I would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by sullw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great eye shadow. Nice "glowy" effect without being too shimmery. I am an NC15 so this is a perfect lid color on me, I just add charcoal brown in the crease and add liner and I am good to go. To look at this color against all the other more dramatic colors that MAC has to offer you wouldn't necessarily pick it up but I tried this based on a tutorial by "makeupbytiffanyd" and I am so happy that I bought it.

I highly recommend this if you have fair to medium toned skin as a lid color, could possibly be used as a highlight on darker skin.