April 24, 2014 | 1371 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Solano - HAI Convertable Flat Iron

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2007 1:06:00 AM More reviews by ErinT000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used a Hai in the past, along with a Chi and a Solia. Very disappointied in this, especially after the rave reviews. Getting a new straightener is always exciting for me, and after the first couple of uses of this one, I knew it was going back. It was on par with the Solia I'd had for two years; it did not straighten like a new iron. I have auburn hair with ugly waves that I've straightened for years. This iron just didn't do the trick - I'd put it on the same level as Conair. I had to go over each section multiple times on the highest level and my hair is not that coarse. I've got the Sedu on order at Folica; we'll see how that goes.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2007 8:43:00 PM More reviews by WheatBread

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am not loving this. My hairdresser uses this on me and it's fine. But with me at home. Nope. It doesn't straighten as well as the sedu, chi or Solia so back to Folica it goes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Its a bajillion times better than my chi. My hair definately feels nicer and not so burnt. This does not catch and rip out hairs that way the chi did. It also makes my hair uber shiny and straight with out making my hair flat and unhealthy feeling. I also must rave for folica.com i got a free styling tool mat and a tote to boot!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

This was my first flat iron purchase...I have pretty straight hair already, so it doesn't take a lot to flat iron my hair. This did a decent job of straightening my past-waist length hair. And it didn't fry my hair at all. It was pretty easy to use. But I kept thinking about the BaByliss Nano Titanium that my hairstylist used on me, and how that iron made my hair look like silk. I also found out that I got ripped off on the price of the HAI (I bought it at a salon that charged 129 bucks, then found out that Folica.com sells it for 79 bucks!!). So I returned this iron and bought the BaByliss instead...So glad I did! The BaByliss blows this one out of the water...Even so, this is decent, and if you get it through Folica, you'll get a great price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 10:55:00 AM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm absolutely amazed I haven't already reviewed my HAI, considering how much I adore it! I originally bought it as a Christmas present for my sister in 2004, but her best friend beat me to it and gave her a CHI. I figured I'd keep the HAI as a present to myself, and I'm so glad I did. I've used the CHI (actually, 2 different models---standard and turbo---my sister's original died this summer and I bought her a replacement) and I prefer mine. The CHI is a very good product, but at least for my hair, the HAI seems to take less time and fewer passes. I have bra-strap length, semi-thick, very wavy hair, and I can get it done in under10 minutes, 15 if I'm going for a 100% sleek, perfect look. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by chelsae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This flat iron is the best. I used to take 40 min to straighten my thick, curly hair.. and it still never was STRAIGHT.. or shiny.. or long-lasting.

Now? I can flat iron in 15 minutes and it is shiny, straight, and lasts for days.

I LOVE THIS IRON!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 11:22:00 AM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to give this four lippies because I haven't tried very many other irons. I use this one pretty regularly, and I have a lot of fine wavy hair. Most users say they have thick, wavy hair, so it was hard for me to pick an iron. But this one has not let me down. I learned how to curl my hair with this iron from watching a video on YouTube.com and this is awesome (a tool that can do more than one thing is great). I haven't had any problems with the swivel cord, and it still heats up the same as it did when I first bought it.

Definitely worth trying. You can get a great deal on it a Folica.com (just in case you were wondering).

EDIT** So I just went to Folica.com and purchased the 2.25" ceramic iron and it works just as good. It is better for my hair and easier since it's getting longer. Plus right now you get a free rubber heat mat to protect your counters. WooHoo!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 9:12:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate to be the lone dissenter here, but I'm just not that impressed with this. =( My Solano Sapphire is SOOOOOOO much better (it's a "scissor" style, as opposed to a clamp, and I find I much prefer that).

Too bad I got it off eBay and not Folica, otherwise I'd return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by s_rae22

Absolutely adore this flat iron! In the past I've used the HAI Stik and the Solia 1 1/4" iron. After my Solia bit the dust, I decided to try the raved about HAI Convertible. This iron definitely outperforms the Solia. It gets my thick, wavy, fine hair straighter quicker and at a lower temperature than the other 2 irons. I don't have any issue with tugging or ripping of my hair and I don't notice any breakage issues either due to overuse. I would purchase this iron again in a heartbeat. EDITED 2-29-07: After less than 6 months of use the ceramic started to peel off of this iron. I am in the process of returning it for a replacement, which I am told they will do. Still disapointed that it didn't last longer and that I have to pay to return the darn thing. Purchased the GHD Styler as my replacement and it kicks the HAI's butt.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by katiekoeb

Hi everyone! I was hoping you could help me out. Because of all the rave reviews I ordered this iron- I got in on Amazon for $50 from a dealer named "Discount Jungle". I received the iron with no packing slip or receipt, which made me a little skeptical. Anyone who still has their iron's box or remembers what it looks like, could you help me? The one I got is blue-ish, with a city skyline with random metallic windows on the left, A circle on top that says "Hai Classic", a picture of the iron on the right and the word "Convertable" in metallic coppery-orange on the bottom right half. Did I get the right iron? The box does not say "solano" or anything on it- did I get ripped off? Please let me know ASAP, thanks so much MUA!