December 22, 2014 | 971 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Solano - HAI Convertable Flat Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 4:55:00 AM More reviews by christinalovesvintage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love my Hai flat iron.. It has been the best flat iron that I have ever used. I have tried many. When I first started out using the flat iron (nearly 8 years ago) I started out with a cheap one "Helen of Troy" that I bought at Sally's Beauty Supply. I laugh now when I think that I even owned one. But, I then found the CHI flat iron. It worked. But I soon discovered the T3 which was a $170 flat iron.... I was not impressed with the T3... But, then I met my boyfriend who is a hairstylist. He gave me the HAI Convertable swearing that it is the best on the market....IT REALLY IS..... It heats up so fast and not only that the heat is more consistent with adjustable temp. settings. (170*-390* F) I have one at his place and one at mine. I even bought my mother one for x-mas. I did however venture out and bought the Sedu ionic ceramic tourmaline flat iron. It was cost me about $125 and I was bummed at how it left my hair. I have a lot of hair not to mention curly and I like to rock it in a mod a-line.. So, I need a good flat iron. Thus far the HAI Convertable is the best. I am in cosmetology school as well and I ONLY use the HAI Convertable and the HAI Stick. The HAI Convertable retails at beauty supply stores for $129 but I have bought my last two on Ebay......

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 2:37:00 AM More reviews by kdoggyfizzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

the BEST. period.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2007 1:06:00 AM More reviews by ErinT000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used a Hai in the past, along with a Chi and a Solia. Very disappointied in this, especially after the rave reviews. Getting a new straightener is always exciting for me, and after the first couple of uses of this one, I knew it was going back. It was on par with the Solia I'd had for two years; it did not straighten like a new iron. I have auburn hair with ugly waves that I've straightened for years. This iron just didn't do the trick - I'd put it on the same level as Conair. I had to go over each section multiple times on the highest level and my hair is not that coarse. I've got the Sedu on order at Folica; we'll see how that goes.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2007 8:43:00 PM More reviews by WheatBread

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am not loving this. My hairdresser uses this on me and it's fine. But with me at home. Nope. It doesn't straighten as well as the sedu, chi or Solia so back to Folica it goes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Its a bajillion times better than my chi. My hair definately feels nicer and not so burnt. This does not catch and rip out hairs that way the chi did. It also makes my hair uber shiny and straight with out making my hair flat and unhealthy feeling. I also must rave for folica.com i got a free styling tool mat and a tote to boot!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

This was my first flat iron purchase...I have pretty straight hair already, so it doesn't take a lot to flat iron my hair. This did a decent job of straightening my past-waist length hair. And it didn't fry my hair at all. It was pretty easy to use. But I kept thinking about the BaByliss Nano Titanium that my hairstylist used on me, and how that iron made my hair look like silk. I also found out that I got ripped off on the price of the HAI (I bought it at a salon that charged 129 bucks, then found out that Folica.com sells it for 79 bucks!!). So I returned this iron and bought the BaByliss instead...So glad I did! The BaByliss blows this one out of the water...Even so, this is decent, and if you get it through Folica, you'll get a great price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 10:55:00 AM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm absolutely amazed I haven't already reviewed my HAI, considering how much I adore it! I originally bought it as a Christmas present for my sister in 2004, but her best friend beat me to it and gave her a CHI. I figured I'd keep the HAI as a present to myself, and I'm so glad I did. I've used the CHI (actually, 2 different models---standard and turbo---my sister's original died this summer and I bought her a replacement) and I prefer mine. The CHI is a very good product, but at least for my hair, the HAI seems to take less time and fewer passes. I have bra-strap length, semi-thick, very wavy hair, and I can get it done in under10 minutes, 15 if I'm going for a 100% sleek, perfect look. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by chelsae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This flat iron is the best. I used to take 40 min to straighten my thick, curly hair.. and it still never was STRAIGHT.. or shiny.. or long-lasting.

Now? I can flat iron in 15 minutes and it is shiny, straight, and lasts for days.

I LOVE THIS IRON!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 11:22:00 AM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to give this four lippies because I haven't tried very many other irons. I use this one pretty regularly, and I have a lot of fine wavy hair. Most users say they have thick, wavy hair, so it was hard for me to pick an iron. But this one has not let me down. I learned how to curl my hair with this iron from watching a video on YouTube.com and this is awesome (a tool that can do more than one thing is great). I haven't had any problems with the swivel cord, and it still heats up the same as it did when I first bought it.

Definitely worth trying. You can get a great deal on it a Folica.com (just in case you were wondering).

EDIT** So I just went to Folica.com and purchased the 2.25" ceramic iron and it works just as good. It is better for my hair and easier since it's getting longer. Plus right now you get a free rubber heat mat to protect your counters. WooHoo!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 9:12:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate to be the lone dissenter here, but I'm just not that impressed with this. =( My Solano Sapphire is SOOOOOOO much better (it's a "scissor" style, as opposed to a clamp, and I find I much prefer that).

Too bad I got it off eBay and not Folica, otherwise I'd return it.