August 28, 2014 | 1429 users online

Blush - Pixi - Cheek Gel Blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this issue where I can never find a blush that lasts on me. I don't even have oily skin at all, and I've tried many different high end brands, including Chanel, MAC, and Tarte's famous natural cheek stains, and their amazonian clay blushes which I do like, but they're not as long lasting on me as they are on most others. I think it's something weird with my chemistry or something

Anyway, this cheek stain is absolutely amazing. And it takes natural to the next level, you definitely don't look like you're wearing makeup at all. It lasts for hours, and when you top it with a little bit of powder blush, it lasts allll day. Yes, it's 18 bucks for a little tube, like many reviewers are complaining about, but you need only the tiniest bit, so this little tube will last forever. Pixi is a slightly more high end brand, which is why it's on the pricier side. Pixi is a very popular brand in the U.K. I always see tons of Pixi products used in YT tutorials by very well known U.K. makeup artists, and they seem to like their products very much. Also, compared to similar products @ Sephora, which don't work as well imo, this is quite fairly priced. For example, I purchased the YSL cheek stain, and didn't like it *nearly* as much as this one, & promptly returned it. (And that one was $30 for the same size tube as this one!) For reference, I'm a warm toned, medium skinned (half Italian) NC30-40 depending on the season, and all the shades of this work for me, my fav being Sunkissed. They are quite buildable, so if u have darker/tan skin, they will definitely work on you as well.

I have the shades Flushed (SCARY looking blood red in the tube, but don't let that deter you, it's sheer and A-maziiing), Natural (a gorgeous universally flattering pink), Rosy (a pretty raspberry), and Sunkissed (a peachy/rosey-bronze color- so beautiful, especially in the summer with a tan!). Obviously I do love this, I went back for all those shades! Plus, I have 2 of Natural haha cuz I thought it was a different color and didn't realize I already had it @ home! I love it so much, I didn't even return it, which is normally what I'd have done if I accidentally bought 2 of the same shade. I just keep one in my purse:). Give this a shot, it's fantastic!! Also, this can stain your fingers, so use some hand sanitizer when you're finished applying it, & the alcohol in it will remove any stain. (or u could always use a brush to blend it, i.e. the MAC 130 works brilliantly). Available at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by coffeedogsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this gel blush by Pixi. I was looking for a cream blush originally, but unfortunately, it seems like most cream blushes contain alot of silicones and waxy things that drive my skin nutty. (I have super sensitive skin) This gel blush reminds me of a Clinique gel blush they had years ago that they discontinued. Once applied, it acts more like a stain. (it will stain your fingers a little but that is the idea, right?) Color is buildable, I usually dot along my cheeckbone and then use a clean finger to pat it out, blending as I go. Then I set with a light swipe of Benefit Hoola Bronzer and it's good to go all day. I purchased the shade - Rosy and it's a natural sheer pink/red. While it seems pricey for Target (I paid $18) it's not loaded up with unnecessary filler ingredients and that's really important to me. I have been using it daily for a month and haven't made a visible dent in the tube. I'd totally buy this again...the shade "Natural" is tempting me now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Lahni

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like to use this in the winter to give my cheeks a rosy sort of look and it's absolutely perfect. I have very fair skin and I use the "Natural" shade. It may look too dark while in the tube but it goes on very sheer and lasts all day long. I've even used this on my eyelids as an eyeshadow once or twice and it looked great - no creasing, and it added just the right touch of color.

It's pretty expensive - I think I got mine for $15 at my local Target - but it's worth the money and the tube lasts a very long time. I don't think I'll ever try another blush. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by kazina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are awesome. I bought Sunkissed and Natural first, and liked them so much that I had to go buy the rest. They stay on really well on my oily skin, and look very very natural. It takes a while to get used to the amount you need for a perfect application, but then it's flawless every time.
I found a tube of a discontinued shade called Fresh, which was a very sheer peach, and I like to mix it with Natural, Rosy or Flushed, in little pots, to get something slightly more peachy-pink. I've also tried mixing Sunkissed with Natural to get more of a browny-pink, and it worked really well.
They're rather expensive considering the fact that a lot of Pixi's other things are of varying quality, but the amount of product you get and how long one tube lasts completely justifies the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by justbeinghonest

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this about two weeks ago and have used it every day since...

Me: dry, sensitive skin, NW10. I bought this in the color "natural," and it is, indeed, a beautiful, natural flush...dusty pink with some peach. I've always hated cream and liquid blushes, but this one is a dream...so easy to smooth out and difficult to mess up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite makeup product as of now! I wasn't surprised at how well this blush worked because of all the positive reviews and such, but I'm surprised at how much I love it. Before now, I've never, ever worn blush. I thought I didn't really need to, but now that I've started using this, there's such a difference in how my skin looks. This product is so subtle and natural looking that I literally don't look like I'm wearing. It looks like I've just been out in the sun for a while. Of course it's slightly pricey, but I think it's worth it for something that works so well.

And just as a warning for future purchasers: Don't be intimidated by the color in the tube! It seems REALLY vibrant/dark, but the Rosy shade is just a nice natural pinkish red flush. It's very subtle yet buildable to make it as dark as you need.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by thedogatemyname

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE! It's not the cheapest gel blush ($18) but it will last you a long time and is very wearable. I got this in the color "Natural" and it is everything that it claims to be. You only need a little drop on the apple of your cheek. If you need more color, this is buildable. Again, looks very natural on me and gives my complexion a wonderful hue.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Stephz7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just recently bought all of these (Natural, Rosy, Sunkissed and Flushed) on the Pixi website while they were on sale- only ~$6 each!!! I really like these because they give a more natural look than powder or cream, they blend very easily and they last FOREVER, like until I take off my MU :D I have very oily skin and most other blushes wear off in a couple if hours so that is pretty amazing, I can def say that I would repurchase, even for the full price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by mh357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought my first cheek gel in "Natural" based off of Lisa Eldridge's amazing tutorial which included it, and I couldn't be happier. This gives an amazing glow, and it's perfect for my travel bag. I'm always trying to find things that I can put into an easy travel routine, and for my face, I've come up with the essentials being MUFE F&B, followed by this on my cheeks, and ELF "spotlight" highlighter on cheek bones. That's all, face completely done after that! All applied with my fingers, to make things easier. The only thing I didn't love was the price...I know, I can't complain because it's a great product, but $18 for Target is pretty pricey. I ended up searching on Ebay for this and found it for $10 or something like that. Staying power is wonderful, melts right into your skin, and it doesn't dry super-quick like I felt Benetint did. I can actually work with this, massage it into my skin and not feel like it's going to dry me out or leave a stain if I didn't rub in quickly enough.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by lisalibrary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Flushed is dark and on my pale skin looks great! I also use it to stain my lips. When I apply this blush I rub it into my cheeks, then I add my foundation. It gives a perfect flushed look!