July 29, 2014 | 1963 users online

Treatments - Christian Dior - Dior Abricot Creme for Nails

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for years! it moisturizes, soothes and helps repairing damaged cuticles and nails, it's a miracle product! Even if it stinks and is sticky i will repurchase for ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by katharry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am pretty sure I've used them all - Lush/SH/Burts Bees/L'occitane etc etc Dior Abricot Creme is my HG. I use it at night before I go to sleep and I've noticed a big difference in my cuticles.

I already look after my nails and use hand cream and cuticle products several times during the day so I was surprised at how good this was and what a difference it made! I love the little pot but wish it came in a tube as I hate sticking my fingers in products.

LOVE it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Ubiquity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

For as long as I remembered, I've always had weak nails and very dry cuticles. Sometimes, my nails can get so weak that it split and catches on things easily. Lately, I've also started to notice ridges on them. To make matters worse, my cuticles are horrible looking. They're always dry and peeling. It kinda make me look like I have a construction worker's hands.

I've tried some products; Mavala Cuticle Oil, Body Shop Almond Oil Nail & Cuticle Treatment and Solar Oil, but it did nothing to help. Until a friend recommended the Dior Creme Abricot. I've been using it nightly for about 2 months now and I've noticed significant changes to my nails. They're definitely much stronger than it was before (no longer splitting) and they're growing like nobody's business! My cuticles are also softer and healthier looking these days. For what it does, I am highly recommending this product.

For what it is, I do find it a tad expensive (35chf) but the packaging makes up for the cost. It comes in a beautiful white little flat pot with their logo engraved on the top. The texture of the cream is very thick and sticky and I only need to use a very tiny amount for each fingernail. I'm at my first pot and I think that it should last me well over a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Mlle_Elle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really and truly did not want to like this. It was expensive and I wasn't sure why I was ordering it when I was perfectly happy using Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream on the go and LUSH Lemony Flutter at night before bed. Those products had been working, so I thought this purchase would be frivilous and pointless - one more product laying around. I wanted something luxurious and something special to pamper myself with -- especially since the winter months are fast approaching and last year my hands had chapped and the edges of my thumbs split :-( So it was for that reason I finally rationalized the purchase. I'm so happy I did. The cream is thick and viscous and the consistency reminds me of this icing my grandmother used to make - it was like shiny meringue and it tasted like marshmallow (it was a secret recipe and unfortunately she took it to the grave). -- so, yes, this creme is shiny and ... gooey ... but in a good way, I promise. It is tacky for a short while and then sinks in and doesn't feel greasy at all. I do this right before I read at night in bed - trust me, I wouldn't use just before reading it if it was going to leave residue marks on the pages of my books -- when I used Lemony Flutter at night, I would have to put that on *after* I was finished reading - there was no way. It was indeed buttery. This creme is a very lovely part of my nighttime ritual. It smells so, so pretty. I know it's scented of apricot but I can't help but envisioning rose as well for some reason. Also the color is just so pretty - a creamy, peachy apricot. I truly love this and my cuticles have never in my entire life looked as nice as they do now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Expensive and sticky, yes, but it is SO WORTH IT. This little wonder cream simply makes my hands look a million times better. I live in Denmark where it's often cold, windy and rainy, and I wear nail polish a lot, so my cuticles and nails are often dry and rough. After having applied this for three nights in a row the skin around my nails is completely healed and soft. This is a small luxury for me and I just enjoy using it every night before I go to bed. Love the smell, the orange color and the pretty vintage jar. Love the results even more! I only have to use a tiny, tiny bit every time, so it's gonna last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by mrsminniver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

The best product ever!!! My nails are always thirsty and dry with my age and housework. Everytime I massage this thick beautiful cream on my nail bed and cuticles, I can actually hear my nails thanking me!! A little later, I always push my cuticles back manually and it complies with the gentle pressure. Worth every cent, and has become my nightly handcare ritual along with L'Occitane's Shea hand cream!! I totally stand by it. Mind you, I faithfully buff my nails every time it gets wretchedly ridgy and do everything else to take care of it, Lord knows I need all the help I can get, and this product is now part of my arsenal to healthier nails. For ladies my age (45 years), this is an indispensable product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

This is SO expensive and I daresay it costs more than it needs to. But it works. The pot is wide and shallow so that it is easy to get product out of the jar. The texture is very dense and sticky, and you only need a little bit. A VERY little bit. I am recovering from acrylics that destroyed my nails and this product is helping a lot. I also used it decades ago, and it works as well now as it did then. My nails are growing faster, and are much less dry. The scent is a bit strong, but I like the apricotty sweetness. Like a previous poster, I could not resist trying this as a lip balm, and it is superb. The color shows up as a very sheer milky peach. i have also used it on a stubborn dry patch on my elbow. Gone overnight. I have also taken to pressing it on the back of my hands. It has really helped with dryness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Expensive, tacky, nothing special. I love the packaging of it but other than that it isn't anything special to me. It stays quite tacky on my nails, as I usually apply cuticle oil/creams before bed. However it stays that way, kind of sticky and annoying. Beautiful product - and it does moisturize, but so many other similar products do for a fraction of the cost. This is a great splurge but if something else works for you I would say splurge on something else.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG product. I have been buying tons of oils (including solar oil that does not do anything for me), creams, potions to tame my cuticules with little or no results. Then I bumped into this amazing pot. The product is contained in a pretty white pot with CD engraved on it A little product is required for all the nails of my hands and feet. I rub it in before going to bed and I wake up with the most amazing moisturised cuticules. No more expensive manicures required as I can now easily maintain my hands and feet. The scent is barely noticeable and not annoying. The pot costs 18 (not cheap) but lasts months. And most of all delivers. I have re-discovered Dior products recently and they are truly another league, from eyeshadows, to foundations to blushes. really impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this for my lips, as a lip balm I mostly sleep with. Its GREAT! A prof. recomended me that, and it really makes my lips soft. It's a grat color. I'll buy it again.

UPDATE: Because of the price I tried the lipbalm from Decubal and it turned out to be as good as Dior Abricot, and maybe even better!!

Someone told me that Decubal contains almost same ingrediens as Helena rubenstein's lipbalm (only without the bad ingrediens Rubenstein's got, and with better!!!) and because of the hype of that I tried it. And it had become my all time fave!