Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Alcohol denat., calendula officinalis (calendula) flower oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, achillea millefolium (yarrow) oil, carum petroselinum (parsley) seed oil, aqua (water, eau), salix nigra (willow) bark extract, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) oil, juniperus communis (juniper) fruit oil, eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil, citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It works. Just not as fast as I would have liked. I'm combating these 1-2 cystic zits I keep getting and there is a noticeable improvement in size after I've applied this. It definitely seems gentler than salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide as is works to dissolve the zit instead of bring it to a head. I believe it is for this reason that it takes longer than I would have liked for it to heal. I also haven't noticed any prevention in acne when I've applied to acne-prone areas.

With that in mind, it doesn't dry out your skin like other spot treatments, and smells like black licorice which I find incredibly pleasant. The packaging is not hygienic with it's rollerball application, so I removed the plastic top and either tip it over on a clean finger to apply or insert an ear swab and apply with that. I would also exercise caution to anyone who decides to carry this in their bag with the plastic tip removed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This really does work when I get a blemish, but I cringe at the packaging at times because it doesn't seem sanitary at all when you're rolling it on a blemish and then turning around and rolling it on another. I guess the ingredients In it could help with that but regardless, its still a little unsanitary. Besides that, I like that this is mostly natural ingredients. It helps treat any blemishes that may pop up, and doesn't sting or burn when I apply it to my sensitive skin. I like to put this in a small make up bag and throw it in my purse but I have to agree with another reviewer because this does leak at times. When I apply this though I have to use only a little otherwise it will leak out and down my face. There is just better treatments out there especially at the drug store where you can get this that work better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

So far, I really love this product. I've been using for about a week or so without any hitches. Plus, it actually works! I tend to break out around my lower face (not sure why) during that time of the month and, let me tell you, this product has eliminated those breakouts almost as soon as they pop up!
I'll update if anything goes wrong, but so far so good. No additional breakouts, no bad reactions, no excessive dry patches where applied, etc.
It has a pungent licorice scent that fades a bit. I hate licorice, but I quite enjoy the smell.
I have VERY sensitive skin and allergies, but this hasn't affected those at all. It doesn't burn when applied except if applied over broken skin (which you really shouldn't do anyway). It also doesn't burn my eyes or cause them to water as some reviewers have noted.
The packaging could use some work, in my opinion. I like rollerballs because they dispense a very small amount and distribute evenly. However, I'm curious as to how sanitary they really are. :/ I haven't experienced any of the leaking issues as so many others have. A few times it has gotten stuck and I had to roll it around on my finger a few times before applying, but that's about it.
The Herbal Stick is about $8 at Walgreens for a small vial with a rollerball tip. It seems like it'll last a while, even using several times a day!
Would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fantastic mix of natural, acne fighting ingredients - and it really helps to kill spots quickly! However, it's quite expensive and the roll-on packaging is very leaky! When I put it on my skin a lot of it just ran out all over my face, and when I was travelling a lot leaked out into the cap as well. So it ran out very quickly. If they fix the packaging I would consider buying it again!

I really like this product! I have very dry-combination, sensitive skin and when I do break out usually it's in one small spot. I apply this right away the night before and the next day...the breakout is GONE. Love this stuff. It does have a distinct herbal smell to it that some ppl might not be fond of. But I don't mind it. I would repurchase it again.

I love this product! Best Acne Treatment Ive ever tried. I stopped using this when I ran out a few weeks ago and broke out almost right away. I started using it again a few days ago and my skin has cleared up completely!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My aunt persuaded me to try this product because she claimed it 'Worked wonders' so I went to Rite-Aid and bought it. I was not impressed at at. I put it on once or twice a day after I washed my face and saw absolutely no change. My aunt said I won't see results until at least 2 weeks later. I kept using it for 3 weeks but after no change I stopped using it. Also the scent is very strong and very alcohol-based especially because of my very sensitive nose. I do not recommend this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used to love this product few years ago then bought third bottle recently and something definitely changed. Luckily, I still had my older bottle and it was almost empty. I tested both on two different zits. The older one worked really fast. The new bottle wasn't effective. I think they changed ingredients or I got a bad batch.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually first used the Natural Acne Solutions Spot Treatment, but ran out and didn't want to pay another $10-11 for another tiny-ass bottle. From what I heard, this blemish stick was the same but a couple cents/dollar cheaper, and in a larger size. I went out and bought it at $8-9 from Target. And yes, the rollerball doesn't help (with all the new techniques and innovations of face applicators, Burt's Bees really hasn't jumped on that bandwagon yet, haven't they), so I took it off and threw it away haha. I now apply it with a Q-tip, which is what works best for me. Since I don't get that many pimples (maybe 1-2 per month around my period), this tube will probably last me about 6+ months.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like everyone else, I have to say that the roll-on ball feature is extremely unsanitary. After about a month of usage, I could see little bits of dead skin floating around the tube. The product isn't that great for it's price. It slightly reduced the appearance of my acne scars and that was about it. Doesn't do anything for pimples..or maybe it slightly reduces the size as well but I hardly noticed anything though. It isn't neccesarily bad though.. just didn't work as well for me. If you do plan on buying this product.. you'd be better off popping the roller ball off and using a q tip instead.