The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/6/2008 10:43:00 PM

This is the worst lip treatment. Feels like grease on my lips. Not at all moisturizing. I don't like digging it out with my fingers either. I will never repurchase.

on 8/21/2008 6:10:00 AM

I love everything coconut, so i like this too. Still...
It does leave white trace on the lips
It soaks in very hard and i feel that it does not moisturize enough.
But the scent/taste is so lovely, i just can't reject it!

on 5/9/2008 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The white film thing is not a myth, but I don't really care. I have highly pigmented lips, and this is great for making my lips a little paler when I want to wear a nude gloss. This is very moisturizing on my lips, and the scent is to die for. I've been alternating this and Rosebud Salve every night before I go to bed and they seem to both moisturize just as well. I really want to try another scent in this line.

on 5/7/2008 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Awful product. I was suckered it to buying it from the delicious smell... It leaves a gross white film over your lips, even after rubbing it in. The texture is too waxy and got hard. Stay away!!

on 4/17/2008 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I'm really drawn to exotic fruit scents, so this was not something I was going to let pass by without trying. I love the smell, and I find it is moisturizing for daily usage. I like using it to prime my lips for another top layer as well. I agree though, the white film does take me a bit to get rid of.

on 3/4/2008 11:30:00 PM

Well, I decided to try this since my lips are super chapped. Well, I don't care for the white tint it leaves on my lips...no yucky. So I've decided not to wear it during the day or at least not without colored gloss over it. It smells just fine and taste alright but I'm not using it for the taste. It has imporved the dryness of my lips. I might buy another lip butter but in another flavor for sure. Of course I'm not too crazy about the price...a lot does come in the plastic container so I guess it could be worth the $8. If you do want to try it don't get coconut.

on 12/20/2007 6:00:00 PM

It gives my lips a shine. However, it lasts at most, 20 minutes! It has absolutely no staying power! This is true of all body shop lip butters, regardless of scent. I'm not very fond of this coconut scent.

on 12/2/2007 9:52:00 AM

This dried my lips out. I love the smell, but will stick with the Coconut Body Butter, and other lip balms. A big disappointment for $8.00!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have to say that for the most part I do like this lip butter. It smells great and tastes sweet. They really should have made this product clear though. I know what people mean when they see a white film over their lips. This lip butter does moisturize my lips and the butter feels nice on. Yeah I would say the only drawback is the shade of it.

on 6/27/2007 2:42:00 PM

I bought this last summer to go with my new coconut body butter. I quickly learned that this stuff is absolutely worthless - an hour after putting it on, my lips were drier than they were to begin with. It actually made my lips chapped! I also thought the scent was all wrong.

Popular Lip Treatments