September 2, 2014 | 989 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Melldy

I am so glad I tried a free sample of this product before paying a hefty $92 on it. This needs to be be relabelled as a tinted foundation, not a medium coverage foundation. I tried building it up with no success it seems it absorbed into my skin and dissappeared. I completely agree with previous posts on clinging to dry patches, I had a small break out on my chin that was made to look more accentuated and looked and felt really dry. I honestly cannot believe that this is a high end product and so expensive. If i had managed to build up the coverage I would go through a whole bottle in a month. I also noticed the women wearing it at the counter looked really orangy yellow in certain lighting aswell, which did put me off, but none the less I gave it a try and it is a big fail in my book!!!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by kellykonsta

I recently had a shoot for modelling and the make up artist used this on me, it felt so light and gave a beautiful glowing finish.
I usually always use MAC but when this went on my skin i brought it straight away!
It is on the expensive side but it's worth every cent.
Its a medium coverage and gives you a natural glow.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by TheModType

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying I wanted to love this foundation...However I had it applied at the Giorgio Armani counter and tried a sample at home and I hated how it looked. It accentuated my flaws (and I have a pretty clear skin), clung to dry patches, and felt extremely heavy on my skin. Big disappointment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by amyers2

I'm really undecided on this foundation. And really, if you're paying close to sixty dollars for a foundation - you should know whether or not you like it.

Pros - glowy, does not feel heavy or mask like on face, nice range of color matches (I'm pale with yellow undertones - a lot of foundations are either far too light or too orange), the packaging (bottle with pump).

Cons - sinks into pores, clings to dry patches, foundation wears off on the oily sections on my face (at the end of the day I can see where it has worn off on my nose), it does oxidize slightly.

Bottom line: i like the texture - it's lightweight and it does make skin look glowy and luminous. It's the perfect foundation for in between light and medium coverage and the coverage is buildable. However, this is foundation for my good skin days. It does require a primer to last for the majority of the day and even then it does wear off. Proper moisterization and exfoliation are necessary in order for skin to work with this foundation. I would expect these kind of set backs from lower end foundations, but not for a high end product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by amerific

I love this foundation! One bottle lasted me over a year. I have yellow undertones and freckles and this looks natural on me. I don't break out with this. It doesn't look cakey and is buildable. I usually stick to all MAC products but when they discontinued the Hyperreal foundation yeaaars ago, I've been trying to find a luminous foundation. Mixed with a bit of GA fluid sheer this is absolutely amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by rosepetalears

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before I get into any details let me state the harsh truth about this foundation (for me): this would absolutely be my holy grail foundation...if it didn't make me break out in closed comedones wherever I put it :(((

It first came to my attention when Lisa Eldridge mentioned Luminous Silk in her favorite foundations video. I usually have pretty oily skin, but I just moved to a cold place in the fall, after living in south Florida all my life. My oily skin was experiencing winter! And seasons! It wasn't that oily in sub-zero temps, so I decided to try out a glowy/luminous foundation. This got Lisa's stamp of approval, and after much research to find my shade (#4, a perfect match), I bought some sample packets off eBay.

Sample packets in my possession, I applied the foundation--which is quite thin and liquidy--with my fingers. And OMG--my skin looked so nice!!! Lisa was right!!! Also despite the light consistency, GALSF can be built up to medium coverage. Skin imperfections I have are some few pimples and quite a lot, but very faded, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, and it covered the latter quite well! I still spot-concealed select areas, but I accept that with any foundation. It also wore well throughout the day.

And then, the honeymoon phase passed. Around 2 and half weeks later, I noticed a whole bunch of small flesh-colored bumps (closed comedones) all over my cheeks (where I usually apply GALSF). I keep up a pretty consistent chemical exfoliation routine because I'm so prone to CC and clogged pores, so I was pretty frickin frustrated. SInce this was the only new thing I added to my face, and I wore it at least every other day, Luminous Silk had to be the culprit.

Then I came across Dive14's review of GALSF here on MUA, and they stated it did indeed have some highly comedogenic ingredients. (Check out the review! Mad props to Dive14.) My skin is sooooo sensitive to comedogenic ingredients. Like, I do not products with coconut oil derivatives or algae extract with a ten-foot pole. So yeah.

This stupid beautiful product is really good if you can tolerate comedogenic stuff. Well, I also presume it wouldn't hold up in extreme humidity, but I tested it on oily skin during 20 degree F winter.
mrrrghhmmmmhrr

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Infinitize

I love the packaging of Giorgio Armani's foundations.. its honestly what draws me in to buy them

Colors are great. they have just the right amount of yellow for my skin. #3 is a great match for my skin (I use #31 in Guerlain Lingerie de peau, Dior nude in 011, etc). Love that its not orange.

texture is lovely. very light weight. that blends in seamlessly.

Its not as bad as their maestro fusion foundations, but there is a minor accentuating of the pores and dry patches..
the coverage it self is pretty light.. its not sheer, but its not a full medium either.

the turn off for me was how this foundation felt on my skin after a few hours. I've never had a foundation or product in general that made my face feel as suffocated as this one. It's hard to describe.. but it just felt like I was wearing a thin mask that didn't let my skin breath in a very hot and humid weather... (on 10 degrees Celsius and dry climate day where I live)
it also oxidizes into a crazy color. very unflattering dark orange color.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by sk90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like that this foundation has many color options to choose from but it is not a good choice for people with oily skin. It makes skin look TOO oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by babycatn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this foundation! Smooth, creamy, glides on, feels light, does not sit in my pores or lines, but covers my redness from rosacea. Everything I've been wanting in a foundation! I've tried quite a few lately (Lorac, Urban Decay, Dior, Tom Ford) and sent them all back. This is the one! Now my skin looks like it has a beautiful glow! Finally!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I rarely wear foundation. Once I outgrew my hormonal teenage years and my skin settled down, I reverted from full coverage foundations to tinted moisturizers. But sometimes it's nice to doll up, especially for dinners, parties and events. My last foundation was Chanel Teint Innocence, which was sadly discontinued, but I really loved the luminous finish it gave my skin. GA LSF is a light to medium coverage foundation, and you can build it up without looking cakey. I love the hygienic pump action bottle (one pump is all I need), and the luxuriously creamy and super blendable formula. I start off in the morning with a "makeup fresh" face and soft powdery look after setting with MUFE loose powder, but by late afternoon it becomes my second skin, and looks more natural and dewey. I highly recommend getting colour matched. Not only is this one of the most expensive foundations on the market to not warrant going home with the wrong colour, but the shade range is not strictly linear. I was matched to 4.5 which is a near perfect match for my skin.