July 28, 2014 | 1071 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Tinka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ouch. My coworker and I both got a cute sample of this Estee Lauder mascara and thought "Wooo, let us ditch our drug store mascara's and use this little piece of luxury instead from now on." Oh boy, were we wrong. This morning we both came to work wearing MagnaScopic and we agreed it looked quite awful. Funny thing is, we had the exact same experience with it:

It seriously smudges when applying with the awkward to use, because it's too long, brush. Panda bear effect. Meaning you have to spend some time removing all the excess mascara, time you could've spend slumbering in bed instead. Secondly, it makes your lashes look spidery (someone on here used the word 'tarantula eyes', which is right on) and clumpy. So your lashes will stick together like crazy and yet this (extremely wet) mascara somehow manages to make your lashes look worse. Make them look shorter even? This alone is quite an achievement EL... Finally, during the day your lashes will get crumpy and hard. I hope that's where this ends....somehow it wouldn't even surprise me if my lashes would come off when removing this mascara tonight.

I would, we would, NOT recommend this mascara to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by eyecandyispretty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Even though I haven't been using mascara for a long time, this is the absolute worse mascara I have tried. Though my mum swears by this, when I put it on, it just clumps like there's no tommorrow. Its disgusting. I don't know if its just the tube she got, or because its old, but its just a horrible, horrible mascara.

And seriously, for the price, you could do so much better.

DON'T BUY IT! BUY SOMETHING CHEAPER! ANY OTHER DRUG STORE BRAND WOULD WORK SO MUCH BETTER.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Kitty_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible mascara. Worse than mediocre.

Made my lashes group together in thin points that don't even extend particularly.

Very wet and messy. Moreover the brush is too long and unweildy. Not recommended at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

Ugggh this mascara is disgusting! I have average lashes - okay length, not much volume. This mascara made my lashes look even worse than before I applied. I looked like Jay Z on a friday night. I don't know if it's possible, but my lashes looked SHORTER after I applied this?! It makes my lashes feel crusty and hard, flakes into my eyes (ouch) and provides no volumizing whatsoever. What a pile of junk this stuff is. Please save your money. I think the packaging is ugly as heck too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by WebbyGale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a good mascara. Gives lots of volume but it clumped up for me way too much. Even when i wiped some off wand it was still too clumpy. I find drug store mascaras can be just as good. If you like thick consistency, this is good for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This mascara is really nice.
It's very volumizing and doesn't leave lashes looking crunchy and clumpy.
Super gorgeous! Would highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by HollyALaMode

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this product about 2 years ago, and started trying new products, but I never found anything that I liked as much as this. It doesn't transfer on me, NEVER flakes, and it seperates and defines so nicely. I have pretty full eyelashes so I dont need much volume, but I do notice that this mascara adds a bit to my lashes which is always nice. The tapered handle is also a plus, I find it more comfortable to hold. Needless to say, I am back to using this mascara, It's my favorite!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by northernlights7x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is THE best mascara I have ever tried, I don't get why it has so many bad reviews!? I've never had any clumping problems with this, it perfectly seperates, lengthens and thickens my eyelashes, and although I always curl my lashes before, I have a feeling this mascara would make my lashes look just as amazing even if I forgot to curl. I've used this in different ways, I've applied a coat and waited for it to dry before applying another, and found that this works better for a day look in my case, but when I don't let the coats dry and just put on 2 or 3 coats in one go my lashes just look more and more amazing, I've even used this in place of false lashes because that's how good my lashes look! LOVE this mascara, it works awesome with me! Also I've noticed that the few people on here who have given it a good review seem to have similar lashes to mine, straight, long and dark. Mine may be long but they're straight, and this seems to provide an amazing curl that lasts and lasts.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by some1ukno

I wrote a review about this product on the official Estee Lauder website :( but they didn't publish it probably because I was a little harsh? This mascara clumps and does a satisfactory performance in volume like it promised. I don't like the texture either, it is kind of goopy. I've tried the More Than Mascara from EL and it is WAY WAY WAY better than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by donna01010

I have bought drugstore mascaras that were much better. I was extremely disappointed. Very, very wet mascara that clumps a lot! I looked like I had "tarantula eyes." I returned this after one use. It costs too much. Messy, wet and caused lashes to stick together. Did not separate for me. I cannot say enough bad things. There is no redeemable quality at all about this product.