September 20, 2014 | 1768 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Diamancel - The Tough Buffer #11

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2006 1:39:00 PM More reviews by devo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although this is pretty pricey, it works very well and I use it a lot. I don't think it has to be replaced very often, so at least you feel like you get many years of use. Makes your feet feel smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2006 1:22:00 PM More reviews by tkalex

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hi--I've used the Tough Buffer for years. Normally, I have the Scaly Feet from Hell--I live in Wisconsin, where it's very dry & cold in winter = scaly feet!

I use it in the shower on wet, soapy feet, even though it says you shouldn't. I use a very light touch and use it every time I shower. If I use a heavier touch in the shower, it can cause abrasions, so I make sure to use it every time I shower and use a very light touch. Then my feet always stay in baby soft condition.

I found that I needed to replace mine after about 3 years. The diamonds in the center part (the part that was used the most) got dark and didn't seem to buff as well. I recently bought a new one, and boy do I see a difference! So I'd have to be in the minority and say that these buffers DO wear out over time. But $50 every 3 years versus a pedicure every 3 weeks? No comparison!

One thing I did notice on the newer one that I just purchased is that the handle seems a little less rigid than before. That's OK--it just reminds me to use a lighter touch, which I need to make sure to do anyhow.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2005 2:06:00 PM More reviews by SMBurton1

After only one use with this file (#11) I'm a convert! I'll never need my foot scrubs or pumice stones again, this thing is AMAZING. One caveat - make sure you use this file over a newspaper or sitting on the edge of the tub or else you'll end up with a pile of dust-like dead skin cells on your carpet (sick!) I got mine cheaper (but still not cheap) on eBay and am considering them as Christmas gifts for my sisters since they work so incredibly well. Take the plunge, you won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2005 5:05:00 PM More reviews by coconnell

i can't express how amazing this thing is!!! my sister bought me one for my birthday 2 1/2 years ago, and it is still in amazing condition. i am overseas studying for 3 months, and currentlky kicking myself in the butt for forgetting it (and with rough heels, i might add!). i am a bit nuts when it comes to smooth feet, and this thing does the trick wonderfully! i am currently using a pumice stone and some dr. scholl's exfoliant, and they don't even compare to a few minutes with this thing in the morning. i would highly suggest forking out the money if you do any sort of care to your feet. perfect for curing summer sandal woes, maintaining smooth feet inbetween pedicures, and general use.

**UPDATE** 4 years since having received this as a gift fro mmy very generous sister and it's still going strong. i won't even go on a week's holiday without this sucker. it's a god send, especially for thsoe of us who do loads of walking in jolly ol' london!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2005 12:53:00 AM More reviews by kandy_rocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had mine for about five years and it is still in pristine condition. I use it 3-5 times per week to keep my feet silky smooth. I was desparate when I made the decision to plunk down the cash for this, because I've been plagued by dry feet and cracked calloused heels (gosh that sounds so gross!) and was forever searching for a 'cure'. I have forgotten how bad my feet can get because using my tough buffer and either CreativeSpa Cucumber Heel Therapy or DDF Pedi-Cream keeps them so soft & silky smooth. I checked that I would buy again, but I don't see that being necessary anytime soon :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2005 6:00:00 PM More reviews by HesterB

Yes, it's expensive, but once you've tackled your post-summer-sandal feet with this, all those high street pumice paddles will seem puny in comparison. Takes off a disgusting yet fascinating amount of dead skin, without being overly harsh, and lasts pretty well. I bought mine from eBay and even though it wasn't cheap, the amount of money I've saved in salon pedicures has more than paid for it. In fact, I sometimes want to take it along to salons who aren't so well equipped...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2005 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Aseretmarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had mine for about 3 years and it works as good today as when I bought it. If you have any rough spots on your feet you will love this. It makes them baby smooth. At first I thought they were a little on the expensive side, but once you use it and see how it last I think you'll agree definitly worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2005 4:16:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I succumbed and bought this product recently and I agree with all the other reviews that it is the best. You must must use it on dry skin, and don't expect it to get everything off in one go - I went for it big time on day 1 (and gave myself a sore patch on the edge of my big toe!), but after 3 days of buffing every day before bed (strangely soothing!and not as time consuming as one might think) I have fantastically smooth feet, that actually benefit from slathering cream + bed socks on, and more importantly I can rise it off and it is as good as new - no more wearing out the sandpaper ones on the first go.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2005 11:43:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

This is an Investment that will not disappoint! UPDATE: I have had my first pedicure at Bliss which incidently lasted 6 weeks! I digress, Bliss buffed my feet with Diamancel after my feet were soaked. I have done this to myself ever since and it buffs away faster. You will know when it is time to stop and then dry your feet to polish it off!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2005 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Mazarene1

I've ticked that I'd buy this product again, but I don't think that will be an issue as it will probably last longer than me. This is so much more effective than my last file (from Space NK). 39 is nothing, compared to what I will save on pedicures.
Just an update, two weeks on, my heels are perfect. Regular pedicures never achieved that.