September 20, 2014 | 1743 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by xlitlbitx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in a kit to try because my cuticles were in really bad shape. The combination with the lemon cuticle salve works great together. I have been only been using them both for about a week and they have done a great job in helping them get back to normal.
The only thing I don't like is that jar. It makes it hard to get the cream out other than that I love this stuff.
The reason for the 4 lippies is due to the container it comes in. But will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by butterflyashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim when Ulta had it on clearance for $5 instead of the usual $8-9. I like the rich almond scent when you open it and first apply it but it changes to an odd licorice-like scent after a few minutes. The texture is a bit slippery and gooey, and it takes some time to really soak into your skin because of the beeswax. This actually make my keratosis pilaris on my biceps somewhat better, and it worked well on my heels, elbows and hands. I probably wouldn't repurchase unless it were on clearance again since I'm sure I can find a better alternative at $9, but if almond scents and natural ingredients are your thing it's a nice cream to try out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by orderlyfashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bought mine awhile ago and have used about half the jar in fits and starts, but have since found other products that I like more, so I'm not sure if I'll get around to using this up. Like other reviewers have mentioned, the smell is wonderful, very almond-y and not artificially sweet. The packaging has a nice heft to it, too. But the product - eh... too waxy to be a great hand cream, it doesn't really sink in enough to moisturize effectively, and is very sticky besides. As a cuticle balm, it doesn't hold a candle to Burts' Lemon Cuticle Butter in terms of portability and quality. I guess I can't decide what this is best for... maybe it's time to scrape it out and repurpose the jar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Pros: Cute packaging, smells yummy just like almond extract cookies being baked at your Gma's house, Does moisturize
Cons: The consistency is gooby and "icky" feeling, really have to warm up and blend into hands, takes a while to absorb, leaves hands shiny and sticky.

I started using this product on my feet, and I like it for that use a lot more! I apply a generous amount after washing my feet and then put clean socks over my feet to keep the moisture in. This works wonders and by the next morning my feet feel satin-y soft and smell amazing as well.

I will probably not repurchase, however, seeing as there are better hand and foot creams out there. Love the "natural" (more natural at least) ingredients though!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This cream is a bit awkward to me, Iove the smell and the texture, however its very greasy, does not absorb fast at all, maybe its the beeswax effect??? Not sure, after it does dry though, my hands are super soft. If it was not for the drying time and the greasiness I would buy again. Too bad because I love the smell :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by egagne87

The best hand cream ever. I like that it leaves a protective barrier. Every other cream was always too thin. Perfect for winter. I just rub it in really well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

works really well. this really conditions and softens dry winter hands. its not too greasy, good texture and absorbs easily. took off one lippie for the strong scent. (it does fade quicky)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by minkalover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yes, this product is waxy and sticky, and I would probably never use it during the day (you literally have to keep your hands away from your hair and face until it has thoroughly sunk in). However, this is probably the best moisturizing hand cream I have ever used. My hands are in ice and water a large portion of the day, and in addition to that, I am an almost fanatic hand washer. All this adds up to very dry hands and horribly long/dry/ratty looking cuticles. This cream totally renews my hands and cuticles and makes them look young and healthy again. The almond scent is not my favorite (sometimes I can handle it, other times it reminds me of a cheap hotel's bathroom) which is the only reason I can't give the overall rating a 5. However, since I can't afford a manicure once a week, this is my go to. I also like that Burt's Bees is more natural and uses essential oils. Used in conjunction with their Lemon Butter Cuticle Balm, my hands have never looked better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by themarshmalo

I think this is a good product, but not for your hands. As other reviewers noted, it's a bit waxy and heavy, and doesn't fully sink into your hands, so it's very impractical for day use. However, I think it's a great cream for hands and feet at night, and I'll also put it on my feet in the morning if I'll be wearing socks. It does a great job at moisturizing, but I wouldn't consider it a good hand cream for the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Cyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a trial size version of this product from a gift pack. Like some of the reviews on here, I found the consistency to be really waxy, sticky, and tacky. It felt like I was spreading wax all over my hands and would just sit on top of my skin. It didn't absorb very well for me. As for the scent, I found it to be an unpleasant almond plastic smell. Since I don't want to waste the product, I mainly use it on my cuticles before I sleep.