October 2, 2014 | 1880 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Natural Nail Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by rainbowrivulets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

quick application, thin, and forms a smooth, protective layer. Dries quickly! I use this every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by BonnieD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Dries fast, and helps nail polish stay on and not chip when used in conjunction with a top coat. I have been using my very first bottle for well over a year now, and I`ve most likely used it at least 30 times. I bought this in a bag combined with OPI top coat for about $10 Canadian so I found it`s price to be reasonable. I have no issues with it, even after a year of use. Definitely recommend, and without hesitation I would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by jess31570

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this out based on recc's for stain prevention. I've been using it on short nails with very dark and bright colors known to stain, and I have to say, I think it does a very good job of stain prevention! That's huge if you've ever stained your nails and like to go back & forth between sheers, clears, and brights.

It has not accelerated any chipping for me, but I think that short length nails with little to no free edge do not have much chipping problems. I've been wearing a work polish Sunday night - Thursday night and my color stays put, especially with a mani extender clear coat half-way through the week, if I have time, which I usually don't.

I am not currently trying to grow my nails out, I'm finding short much more chic and easy to care for right now.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by LadyDeviance

I'm going to be honest and say that OPI's NNBC is a sub-par base coat. I noticed whenever I paint my nails (regardless of what brand I'm wearing) they tend to chip within a few hours after application. Very disappointed. Never been a huge fan of OPI in general and whenever I try a different product from them, I am constantly left underwhelmed. I'll stick to my Zoya 'anchor basecoat' and my China Glaze 'strong adhesion basecoat'.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by xoxoTiffanyC

The price is ok, I got it for around $8 at target. It applies easily and quickly because of the big brush it has. And the best part is, is that it dries very quickly so you can start coloring right away. If I were to only apply the base color and not a color, it chips easily, so it is not something that you would only wear and expect it to last and protect you nails.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 6:04:00 AM More reviews by sonidlo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite base coat. It dries quickly (I think itīs very important when you will use many other coats of various nail polishes then) and applies well. I love the bottle and the color of a fluid. The only thing I donīt like is how it smells - quite a sharp smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by mthefool

Great as far as base coats go. It dries quickly and smooths and evens out the nail, prepping it for painting. Doesnt start peeling quickly, a problem that I usually have with other base coats. Only problem for me is that the handle sometimes gets detached from the brush part. But thats probably just my bottle. And I wish it had ingredients to strengthen the nail but thats not really its purpose, so you cant fault them for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by LexAndTheCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this base coat. Not thick, but not too thin. Dries really fast, so fast that it's dry by the time I've finished both hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by sunnyhu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this base coat! It applies well, dries fast (by the time I'm done with it I can start applying my nail polish straight away), and does protect my nails from yellowing/staining. I'm halfway through the bottle, and I've only had to put a couple of drops of nail polish thinner for it to keep working. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by NyreeA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this base coat. It applies thinly (nicely) and dries very quickly. I am not sure if it is the greatest base coat ever but when I use this in combination with the OPI Top Coat, my manicures last at least 7 days - sometimes 9. I alternate between this and Orly Bonder.