OPI Natural Nail Base Coat

3.8

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Ethyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Camphor, Benzophenone 1, Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Protein, Keratin Amino Acids, D&C Red 33

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This stuff is wonderful to my nails. I got it in 2008 at Ulta with 4 other nail polishes. OPI is a brand of polish that ISN'T going to dry up after 3-4 years. This feels natural, it doesn't smell chemical-y like some base coats that are fast-drying or are more gimmicky in some senses. This is natural and is great if you like to keep a sheer base coat on your nails when you don't have polish on just to protect them so they won't break and will look shiny. The bottle got stuck because of the way the formula dries, the top got stuck and I couldn't get it open even with pliers for like a year and a half...but finally did by sitting the bottle in warm water to loosen up (grandma's idea, and a great one at that). Just make sure you don't drip polish down the outside of the top of the bottle. Great formula, fast drying, natural feeling, and also works for nail polish (though if you're afraid of yellowing you might want to get one specifically for preventing yellowing, or a thicker formula)

on 3/20/2012 10:57:00 AM

It's just that.. a basic base coat. My nails still got stained by a few greens/yellows. I've swopped to a sally hansen base coat.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Dries quick and glides on smooth. Def would repurchase

on 1/9/2012 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

OPI has been my go-to brand for years, but this base coat just drives me nuts! My nails seem to chip more quickly, and once I remove the color my nails are yellowed in a way color alone has never done. I love OPI colors and their top coat, but something about this base just doesn't work with my nails.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

quick application, thin, and forms a smooth, protective layer. Dries quickly! I use this every time.

on 10/28/2011 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Dries fast, and helps nail polish stay on and not chip when used in conjunction with a top coat. I have been using my very first bottle for well over a year now, and I`ve most likely used it at least 30 times. I bought this in a bag combined with OPI top coat for about $10 Canadian so I found it`s price to be reasonable. I have no issues with it, even after a year of use. Definitely recommend, and without hesitation I would repurchase!

on 9/11/2011 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this out based on recc's for stain prevention. I've been using it on short nails with very dark and bright colors known to stain, and I have to say, I think it does a very good job of stain prevention! That's huge if you've ever stained your nails and like to go back & forth between sheers, clears, and brights.

It has not accelerated any chipping for me, but I think that short length nails with little to no free edge do not have much chipping problems. I've been wearing a work polish Sunday night - Thursday night and my color stays put, especially with a mani extender clear coat half-way through the week, if I have time, which I usually don't.

I am not currently trying to grow my nails out, I'm finding short much more chic and easy to care for right now.

on 8/23/2011 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm going to be honest and say that OPI's NNBC is a sub-par base coat. I noticed whenever I paint my nails (regardless of what brand I'm wearing) they tend to chip within a few hours after application. Very disappointed. Never been a huge fan of OPI in general and whenever I try a different product from them, I am constantly left underwhelmed. I'll stick to my Zoya 'anchor basecoat' and my China Glaze 'strong adhesion basecoat'.

on 8/11/2011 3:58:00 PM

The price is ok, I got it for around $8 at target. It applies easily and quickly because of the big brush it has. And the best part is, is that it dries very quickly so you can start coloring right away. If I were to only apply the base color and not a color, it chips easily, so it is not something that you would only wear and expect it to last and protect you nails.

on 8/11/2011 6:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my favorite base coat. It dries quickly (I think itīs very important when you will use many other coats of various nail polishes then) and applies well. I love the bottle and the color of a fluid. The only thing I donīt like is how it smells - quite a sharp smell.

Top Rated OPI Products