January 31, 2015 | 1236 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Natural Nail Base Coat

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dries quick and glides on smooth. Def would repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Txfarrier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OPI has been my go-to brand for years, but this base coat just drives me nuts! My nails seem to chip more quickly, and once I remove the color my nails are yellowed in a way color alone has never done. I love OPI colors and their top coat, but something about this base just doesn't work with my nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by rainbowrivulets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

quick application, thin, and forms a smooth, protective layer. Dries quickly! I use this every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by BonnieD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Dries fast, and helps nail polish stay on and not chip when used in conjunction with a top coat. I have been using my very first bottle for well over a year now, and I`ve most likely used it at least 30 times. I bought this in a bag combined with OPI top coat for about $10 Canadian so I found it`s price to be reasonable. I have no issues with it, even after a year of use. Definitely recommend, and without hesitation I would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by jess31570

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this out based on recc's for stain prevention. I've been using it on short nails with very dark and bright colors known to stain, and I have to say, I think it does a very good job of stain prevention! That's huge if you've ever stained your nails and like to go back & forth between sheers, clears, and brights.

It has not accelerated any chipping for me, but I think that short length nails with little to no free edge do not have much chipping problems. I've been wearing a work polish Sunday night - Thursday night and my color stays put, especially with a mani extender clear coat half-way through the week, if I have time, which I usually don't.

I am not currently trying to grow my nails out, I'm finding short much more chic and easy to care for right now.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by LadyDeviance

I'm going to be honest and say that OPI's NNBC is a sub-par base coat. I noticed whenever I paint my nails (regardless of what brand I'm wearing) they tend to chip within a few hours after application. Very disappointed. Never been a huge fan of OPI in general and whenever I try a different product from them, I am constantly left underwhelmed. I'll stick to my Zoya 'anchor basecoat' and my China Glaze 'strong adhesion basecoat'.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by xoxoTiffanyC

The price is ok, I got it for around $8 at target. It applies easily and quickly because of the big brush it has. And the best part is, is that it dries very quickly so you can start coloring right away. If I were to only apply the base color and not a color, it chips easily, so it is not something that you would only wear and expect it to last and protect you nails.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 6:04:00 AM More reviews by sonidlo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite base coat. It dries quickly (I think itīs very important when you will use many other coats of various nail polishes then) and applies well. I love the bottle and the color of a fluid. The only thing I donīt like is how it smells - quite a sharp smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by mthefool

Great as far as base coats go. It dries quickly and smooths and evens out the nail, prepping it for painting. Doesnt start peeling quickly, a problem that I usually have with other base coats. Only problem for me is that the handle sometimes gets detached from the brush part. But thats probably just my bottle. And I wish it had ingredients to strengthen the nail but thats not really its purpose, so you cant fault them for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by LexAndTheCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this base coat. Not thick, but not too thin. Dries really fast, so fast that it's dry by the time I've finished both hands.