August 21, 2014 | 1623 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Natural Nail Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by jess31570

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this out based on recc's for stain prevention. I've been using it on short nails with very dark and bright colors known to stain, and I have to say, I think it does a very good job of stain prevention! That's huge if you've ever stained your nails and like to go back & forth between sheers, clears, and brights.

It has not accelerated any chipping for me, but I think that short length nails with little to no free edge do not have much chipping problems. I've been wearing a work polish Sunday night - Thursday night and my color stays put, especially with a mani extender clear coat half-way through the week, if I have time, which I usually don't.

I am not currently trying to grow my nails out, I'm finding short much more chic and easy to care for right now.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by LadyDeviance

I'm going to be honest and say that OPI's NNBC is a sub-par base coat. I noticed whenever I paint my nails (regardless of what brand I'm wearing) they tend to chip within a few hours after application. Very disappointed. Never been a huge fan of OPI in general and whenever I try a different product from them, I am constantly left underwhelmed. I'll stick to my Zoya 'anchor basecoat' and my China Glaze 'strong adhesion basecoat'.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by xoxoTiffanyC

The price is ok, I got it for around $8 at target. It applies easily and quickly because of the big brush it has. And the best part is, is that it dries very quickly so you can start coloring right away. If I were to only apply the base color and not a color, it chips easily, so it is not something that you would only wear and expect it to last and protect you nails.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 6:04:00 AM More reviews by sonidlo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite base coat. It dries quickly (I think itīs very important when you will use many other coats of various nail polishes then) and applies well. I love the bottle and the color of a fluid. The only thing I donīt like is how it smells - quite a sharp smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by mthefool

Great as far as base coats go. It dries quickly and smooths and evens out the nail, prepping it for painting. Doesnt start peeling quickly, a problem that I usually have with other base coats. Only problem for me is that the handle sometimes gets detached from the brush part. But thats probably just my bottle. And I wish it had ingredients to strengthen the nail but thats not really its purpose, so you cant fault them for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by LexAndTheCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this base coat. Not thick, but not too thin. Dries really fast, so fast that it's dry by the time I've finished both hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by sunnyhu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this base coat! It applies well, dries fast (by the time I'm done with it I can start applying my nail polish straight away), and does protect my nails from yellowing/staining. I'm halfway through the bottle, and I've only had to put a couple of drops of nail polish thinner for it to keep working. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by NyreeA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this base coat. It applies thinly (nicely) and dries very quickly. I am not sure if it is the greatest base coat ever but when I use this in combination with the OPI Top Coat, my manicures last at least 7 days - sometimes 9. I alternate between this and Orly Bonder.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It prevents staining, but I don't find that my polishes adhere better to my nails. Chipping still occurs after a few days as if it doesn't make a difference whether a base coat is applied or not. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

Bought this on a whim as I managed to get it cheaper from a local online store. I like my base coats to go on matte so I was a little disappointed this does not. However, it does a fairly well job in adhering my polish to my nails. There was also minimal staining but staining still do occur whenever I use dark polishes. I do see minimal tip wear on the second day (using OPI and China Glaze polishes and Sally Hansen Extended Wear Top Coat) though. This is an ok product that does the job but I will still be on the lookout for better nail base coats that is able to strengthen.