Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Phenoxythanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Natural Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Organge) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Echinacea Purpurea Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Ginkgo Biloba Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) (USDA Certified Organic)

I think for me this conditioner is too conditioning! Never thought I'd say this about a conditioner. I have fine, wavy, highlighted hair, kind of oily at the scalp and dry at the ends. Normally I wash my hair every day and wanted to keep doing that, so I found good SLS-free Giovanni shampoos. This conditioner made my hair so baby-soft I had a hard time styling it. Maybe that's a good thing (???) I'm just not used to it.
EDIT: After reading some other people's reviews, I'm going to try using this conditioner very sparingly, just as a detangler, either leave-in or rinse-out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Really good conditioner when paired with the shampoo, and smells lovely. Detangles and leaves my hair soft and shiny. Love the cruelty free aspect of this brand and the packaging is really nice. Affordable, effective and socially conscious :)

I have dry hair and I've been using this conditioner for more than two weeks now and I think it's great. It has a nice subtle citrus smell. I've never dyed my hair but it's been really dry this winter and some of my ends are downright brittle. This conditioner (used after the shampoo) has been repairing my hair over the weeks. It is a lot fuller and healthier than it was before I began using it. The conditioner doesn't weigh my hair down at all and I love the way my hair feels now. I think this product is $9 at Target and my bottles had $1.50 off coupons on them so I got $3 off my shampoo and conditioner. Not a lot but it was nice surprise (:

I wanted to get a sulfate-free S&C after getting my hair highlighted recently. The Giovanni products had good reviews and were reasonably priced, so I decided to try smooth as silk. I am really pleased with it! The conditioner moisturized well without leaving my hair greasy or weighed down. I used it from where I would make a ponytail down to the ends (not on the roots/scalp). It made my hair feel soft and look very smooth, without being flat. It is a dense creamy texture and has a wonderful tangerine smell with hint of mint. Definitely recommend this, especially for those who color their hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has got to be one of the best conditioners I've ever used, def HG material. It's all natural and only $8, or $12.99 for the big 30oz bottle if you find it. That's a freakin steal, considering this stuff is so moisturizing. I don't understand how anyone could pay more for salon brands when you can just get this which works just as good, if not better!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

To begin, I will say that I absolutely love the shampoo! I've been using it a long time, and it is amazingly gentle and effective on over-processed hair! I finally decided to try the matching conditioner. In the bath, I was absolutely astounded and delighted at how it seemed to instantly detangle and turn my hair into ultra marshmallowy silk.. wow,right? then the disappointment started setting in once I rinsed it out. That super healthy soft feeling seemed to rinse out mostly with it! The healthy parts of my hair felt lovely when my hair was dry, but my damaged areas were dangerously brittle! I throw some kendi oil in my ends to keep them from breaking, and will have to continue doing so until this conditioner is used up. Pity. It feels like the most effective stuff I've ever used when it's sitting in my hair.. weird!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I used this as both a rinse out and a leave-in conditioner since it contains no cones or sulfates or anything and for me it worked best as a leave-in. I loved how it made my hair feel when I let it sit for a while then blow dried my hair out with it. This plus low heat and a tiny touch of coconut oil and you've got silk growing out of your scalp madam! The reason I wouldn't repurchase is because the moisturizing effect of this only lasts about 4 or 5 hours for me. Before the next morning my hair felt dry again. So unless I wash and condition my hair twice a day with this stuff, it's pretty much useless.

I love this conditioner!! I've only used it once but it immediately made my hair soft and extremely shiny! I'm very strict about only using natural, cruelty free products and I must admit sometimes they just don't work but this stuff is amazing, I can't wait to try other products from Giovanni

I don't understand why this conditioner didn't moisturize other reviewers' hair. I think it did an amazing job at moisturizing and detangling. My hair is usually pretty tangly. I am not usually able to run my fingers straight through it without yanking some of my hair out. However, after using this conditioner, my hair was extremely silky and I couldn't stop running my fingers through it at all! It also seemed a lot shinier and almost all of my frizz was eliminated! It didn't make my hair oily at all either, but it did weight it down. I have very fine hair and so I'm going to say this conditioner is not good for my hair type, which is why I probably won't buy it again. For now, I think I'll just condition with it periodically when I really need some moisture. If you don't have extremely fine hair, definitely give this product a try. It's so lovely and not very expensive at all. My theory is that the people who didn't like this conditioner were used to having -cones in their hair. The conditioner is -cone free, a big part of why I bought it, and may not look like it is working on people who usually coat their hair with -cones.

I have dry, coarse, wavy hair and did it a favor by cutting all sulfates and silicones out of my life recently. I was very surprised to find a large pump-top bottle of this on sale at TJMAXX after reading the all natural ingredients!

This stuff is awesome; my hair needs all the moisture it can get. I usually co-wash with a light conditioner and use this as a regular conditioner. After i get out of the shower and my hair is still damp I work a pump or two more into my hair. My hair ALWAYS looks its best after this, very silky and voluminous. Even my roommate noticed a difference. Also the bottle I have is a "deeper conditioner" if it matters, I think there were other kinds of smooth as silk.