October 26, 2014 | 1493 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Falling in Love

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a sweet fragrance, which would be a great option if you would like something fruity, flirty and youthful. However, I find the fruitiness to be a little too sweet for my personal taste, and I feel like you can find similar scents for a lower price. The fruitiness borders on tangy rather than soft, almost like fruit punch. Unconditional Love seems to be the sweeter version of this and I hope that Philosophy creates yet another sweet fragrance, yet softer. It's not a cloying cotton candy sweetness, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's "clean" or "fresh." It is not at all heavy, but not so light that you can't smell it.
...
I don't dislike this scent; it would be perfect if I was a little younger. My major complaint is that you can find similar scents for a lower cost. As someone else mentioned, it smells like some of the VS Pink products. Also, there are many fruity, punchy scents at Bath & Body Works.
...
PROS:
Fruity; flirty; youthful; not heavy, but not so light you can't smell it; isn't offensive and not something that the people around you will complain about.
CONS:
May not be as sophisticated for the office/going out; fruitiness might be too much for some; might smell a little sour on some; scent can duped by other, cheaper brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by ijshutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing fragrance!!! I love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by sherrier

This scent is terrific. My daughter, who is 23, and I were shopping and we came across this. We both sprayed it and we both loved it. I purchased it at the store. She debated because of the price. Later she ordered it off ebay. It is a sweet scent but settles so nicely on my skin. The berries and vanilla are terrific. Mine is the perfume and it lasts quite awhile on me. I have never tried any Philosophy scent before this. There are quite a few nice ones. I can't believe all these years I walked right by these. Normally I wear Burberry Beat, Burberry Brit and Gucci 2. This is a nice soft scent to add to my collection. It won't offend anyone at work. I even sprayed all my winter coats with this. This one is a keeper and yes, I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This fragrance is yummy ~ vanilla mingled with blackberries ~ yet it doesn't smell "foody". My husband likes this one on me, and apparently that's not an uncommon occurrence with FIL as I've read many men are drawn to it. It's cozy, soft, comforting, romantic, and subtle. I have the parfum version and I can still smell it on my wrists by the day's end. I also layer it with the body lotion, so that helps the staying power. Usually I wear this more in cooler weather, but I may begin using it year round, though it can't replace my staple, Pure Grace.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by constantinova

my mum bought this product last year from paris for a friend of her and after i smelled it , fall in in love the scent. it was girlish but still feminen. when i first wear it, everbody complimented how delicios i smell, even some people stopped me and asked the name of my parfume. but my bottle is already finished and i cant find it neither in turkey nor bulgaria. so i decided to look for something which has a similar scent but i couldnt. i wish i could find somethin similar.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Musa15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There are a couple different formulations of this, the spray fragrance and the eau de parfum. I believe when people say that it doesn't have lasting power, they are referring to the spray fragrance which is water based as opposed to the parfum which is oil based and lasts. My husband is allergic to everything, and is always stuffy and can never distinguish smells, whether good or bad, and one day he hugged me and said "you smell so good." The memory has stayed with me because he has never ever commented on my perfume. When I am wearing I guess I get used to the smell, and can't smell it on myself, but when I pass by people at work or in school they comment :)
The parfum is expensive though :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Zevie

Falling in Love has notes of raspberries and cotton candy. Since I just love sweet perfumes, I couldn't see how I'd dislike this. But sadly, I can't stand this perfume. There is some note in it that makes it smell sharp and metallic, sort of like blood. Also, this perfume has no lasting power. I'd recommend Unconditional Love instead, which has some of the same notes, but smells better and lasts a few hours at least.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by sammy1019

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this scent! It's soo soft and pretty and not overpowering at all. I've used this scent on and off for years and love it. I even mox it with some of my other fragrances and it works well with them all. I love that it comes in different sizes as well as a roller ball which is great for yoru make up bag. You can't go wrong with this scent and bound to get tons of compliments. I would defintely recommend and rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by last_star

This product was my first introduction to Philosophy, and I am very pleased to say that I am already addicted! Shortly after receiving the eau de parfum spray as a gift, I bought a small bottle of the toilette spray to keep in my bag for touch ups throughout the day. I absolutely adore the vanilla/blackberry combination. The staying power is mediocre, but with a price this inexpensive, I don't mind having to reapply. I did sample the lotion while at my last visit to Sephora, but I was not a fan of it. It did not exude the same fragrance of the perfume. Overall, this is my "go-to" perfume on a daily basis!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Bethanyf

I brought my first bottle of this on ebay hence my points for it being so cheap yet.. i would probably give it a 4.

I think this scent is very beautiful and sweet it wares off during he day then when you least expect you get a burst of the smell again, i really loved this perfume one of my favorites, its a very sweet smelling perfume however i cannot smell the 'candy' people say? yet i smell the berries and vanilla love this!