Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder

Talc, parfum

on 11/19/2012 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

so many great uses for baby powder.
1. I like to put it in my hair if it looks greasy.
2. It's great after baths and showers.
3. Sprinkle it on bed sheets for fresh smelling soft sheets.
4. This ones funny I have friends who are in black metal bands and do corpse paint, one of them told me you can use it as a make up primer. Yeahhh getting make up tips from dudes ftw lol.
5. Dry shampoo for pets
6. absorbs grease stains on clothes
7. put it in rubber cleaning gloves to slide them on easier
8. remove mold from books
9.get sand off your body easier
10. silence wooden floors
11. going to a concert show? use it as an extra deodorant to absorb sweat
12. put it on before waxing to absorb oils and lotions for better waxing

The original baby scent is great and I find it really comforting something that will never get old. There are many other uses for baby powder, it's just one of those must have things in your cabinet that has many uses. Definitely worth the buy.

on 11/15/2012 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair application tip: For those with dark hair (like me), who want to use baby powder to help oily hair get through another day without showering:
-Pour desired amount into hand (usually not much, at least for me, and my hair is pretty oily!)
-Use a large powder brush to dab into the powder (tap off excess), and sort of bounce/stipple the brush into the roots and along hairline. For fuller, more "all-over" coverage, I also like to just dump a little into one hand, rub them together, bend over with my hair hanging down, and just lightly go through and massage all over into the scalp...lol.
-Now, HERE'S the best tip: If your hair is dark, and you can see the whiteness of the powder, and just simply smoothing your hand over the "white spots" doesn't help get rid of them, try dampening a washcloth, squeeze out all the excess, then lightly smooth over/dab the white areas. Magic! Gets rid of the excess powder :-)

Clearly we all know and agree that this is a great multitasking product, from grown women to babies...the only reason I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because of the whole "talc/cancer" issue, which I still don't know if it's true or not... :-)

on 10/13/2012 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

After readng reviews i've just used the aloe and vit E variation of the cornstarch baby powder and am delighted.

Pros: compared to Becca Pressed Powder & Laura Mercier Universal Setting Powder, it's much better than the Mercier and equal to the Becca.
Pale women - at last, a powder which doesn't add colour, especially if one only uses powder on one's nose, one can do without a tint, this doesn't whiten my very pale skin or change the colour.
Pores disappear.
Matte effect lasts for hours.
Costs �6 to import into UK but cheap at the price, especially for the amount.
Cons: Application, one needs to play around with powder puffs and kabuki brushes to find best how to apply for loveliest effect.
On bare skin I find it looks loveliest, and allows the skin to glow and show a natural lustre without looking greasy. On top of a sunblock with concealer applied on top of that, it can look thick, have yet to experiment to see how to overcome this.
UPDATE:
I've come to the conclusion that this makes servicable face powder for dark winter months. I'm now using Eshiko Ultra HD Powder and it is such an improvement from all my other face powders, Laura Mercier and Becca included - it doesn't give an aged appearance to the skin, doesn't dry the skin, that am sticking to it for now.
Overall: Definitely worth buying and trying.

on 8/8/2012 8:05:00 PM

GREAT overall product!

use it as a dry shampoo to soak up oilyness in hair
use on rashes
light fresh smell
blocks sweat
makes skin soft when applying over a lotion
oh yeah! and for babies too! use on babies butts

on 8/8/2012 4:55:00 PM

This is a great product with many uses. I use it as a hair volumizer/dry shampoo and face powder. I've tried using it as deodorant, and it's pretty good, but it's too messy, and Milk of Magnesia works much better for me. It volumizes my hair and makes it look better on days when I don't wash my hair (every other day). It's also great at setting my foundation. I feel like it's finer than cornstarch. Except for the link to cancer, this product is great! :)

on 7/30/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A million times YES.

I know the correlation of Talc to Cancer. There are far too many things in this world that we have surrounded ourselves with that will cause cancer, and health issues. We will eventually die from something. We cannot live forever.

That being said. I have sensitive skin. I am fair skinned (nc/nw 10-15. In my notes I speak very detailed about my skin type. Talc is surprisingly one thing that hasn't shown to further irritate my skin. Wear it, or don't wear it, ( I am referring to on my face only here) my skin shows no difference in congestion or my other skin issues.

I have tried different things to set my makeup. I have tried all natural (which talc is a mineral and by that technicality is all natural). I have tried silk powder, Silica powder, I have tried corn starch and other starches. They all either made my skin too dry or broke me out.

This has been the best powder I have used on my face thus far. It sets my makeup, does not dry out my skin, it doesn't break me out, and it does not make my makeup look cakey not even one bit. BEST part, I can get 22ounces of it for a $1.77 at my local target.

Now, if I could only get my money back on the silica and silk powders I have spent WAY too much money on.

::edited:: I no longer use this product on my face since I found out i am sensitive to talc. I still highly recommend it to those who are not sensitive skinned like I am as it is an excellent product for the price.

on 7/20/2012 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I generally don't buy Johnson's due to the fact I can get generic baby powder at the dollar store for a dollar (as long as the ingredients are talc and fragrance and nothing else we are good) I use it as setting powder. Nothing works or looks as good on my oily skin as baby powder. It can look to white on application if applied to heavily but it does "set up" and look natural. I use it over Revlon Colorstay and my face stays perfect all day and never looks cakey or over makeup-y. I also use it for regular uses like dusting my body or in shoes and in a pinch it can work as carpet refresher. Sprinkle on carpets let set for as long as you'd like up to overnight and then vacuum. Good for smelly dogs, sprinkle some on them and work into their coat. Can be used as dry shampoo also, although I have never done that.The whole "talc=cancer" thing has been disproven so I have no problem using it. On a side note the cornstatch version is not as good for setting powder, especially on oily skin because the cornstarch (since it is food based) mixes with facial oils and can cause breakouts

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is awesome :D , i am addicted to the smell and it's great to put on your legs and under arms after you dry after a shower.. it's always been a must have in my bathroom. it's also so silky to the touch i use to blow some in the air as a kid :P i still do it sometimes.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Baby Powder has oh so many uses! I received several tubs in gift baskets while pregnant w/ baby #2 four years ago & I still have those same tubs lol - I never needed to use any baby powder w/either of my children, but I read somewhere long ago about how it's good for freshening shoes, clothes, etc. So I used religiously in all of our shoes :) Then more recently, I started experimenting w/all these new dry shampoo's that are hitting the market - I then realized that baby powder could probably do just as good of a job, and I was right :) I'm not even wasting my cash on dry shampoos now, there's no need to - I don't suggest dumping the baby powder onto your scalp, #1 way too much will prob.spill out, and #2 when applied directly like that, it can often times leave a "white"mark - so I just pour a little in the palms of my hands & run through my hair &Viola! Perfect!! ;D Then, I was reading product reviews here, and saw a post below from someone who uses baby powder for the look of "false lashes"... I didn't have high hopes but gave it a try anyway, and it ACTUALLY works!! (See review below for application technique) &Lastly, can be used as a m/u setting powder. Heck, there may even be more uses than this, I just haven't found them yet Lol, but for THIS many uses, along with price & availability, this powder is golden :)

on 6/21/2012 8:56:00 PM

This is actually for the generic target cornstarch w/aloe and vitamin e, this stuff is AMAZING for a setting powder!!!! I've never used anything better, my makeup doesn't budge, no settling in creases or wrinkles and it lasts!! I've been using this for about a week or so and can't believe how good it works! I normally have to blot a few times during the day, and have makeup settle in fine lines, but not with this, it really does what all the other face powders claim they do. I use Merle Norman Powder Base then dab this on w/ the ELF studio complexion(?) brush and then buff it in. I cut the grass today in 85 degree heat and although I was dripping wet, my face still looked amazing! Can't reccomend this enough, plus its also incredibly nice for its original intent, especially on these extremely hot summer days!

Top Rated Johnson & Johnson Products