Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace EDT

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I used to love, love, love Vanilla Lace; then they discontinued it (remember bottles going for over $100 on eBay?) ~ now, it's different ~ they must have changed the formula when they re-introduced it, because I'm pretty sure my nose hasn't changed that much ~ just got a great sale, 8 (buy 7 and get one free) for $35; and sadly, they're all going back. I'm so disappointed!

on 5/10/2009 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first vanilla fragrance I used and I go back to it every now and then since I'm saving my Vanilla Coconut Passion. I definitely prefer this over the mist because of the staying power and the stronger vanilla scent (of course!). In my opinion, it's more economical since I only need to spritz once or twice.

I love this!!!! I love vanilla and this smells just like my favorite scent vanilla extract! You can;t smell the orchid, musk or amber at all in my opinion but they might just be blending in to create a stronger vanilla! This is really inexpensive and I just wish it would last a little longer but I can smell it throughout the day and cannot stop smelling myself! I definitely reccommend this to all vanilla lovers and any one even if your not a food smell liker because this smells not like cake or cupcakes but like vanilla extract! I love layering it with the body lotion!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have never been much of a fan of perfumes. Vanilla Lace has a very strong(not nose hurting strong-more like...it's thick with vanilla) yet soft smell. Very delicious smelling. My friends always asked where I bought this perfume. And I always tell them it's a secret-This is my signature scent. I do hope victoria secret doesn't discontinue this-EVER. (:

This is my very very favorite vanilla fragrance. Pure yummy vanilla! I love this whole line actually! I have been using it for years, and normally reserve it for fall and winter, but this year I have started early! My hubby loves it too. It is so long lasing, I can smell it the next morning on my skin before I shower. It is a warm, and true vanilla. I don't smell the amber or musk very much, and none of the orchid. Sometimes though I almost get a creamy hot chocolate smell. Over all it is a perfect vanilla. I will use it forever!

on 7/25/2008 10:20:00 PM

I went and purchased this instead of my usual VS scent, Amber Romance. I regret the decision a little. I'm not sure why I dislike this -- it's quite pleasant as vanilla scents go, actually. And I'm sure some people will like what it reminds them of -- fresh-baked cookies or other baked goods. But that's just the thing. To be honest, I feel like it smells a little bit TOO much like Vanilla extract. I think that's probably why I was drawn to it, as it's the most pure vanilla scent I've ever smelled, but after awhile it seems kind of tacky and cheap once you realize that it's basically just mimicking the exact smell of $3 bottle of vanilla extract. I will be switching back to Amber Romance once this runs out. It just has more character I think. Oh well -- definitely decent for the price.

on 6/22/2008 12:28:00 PM

I LOVE this perfume!
I didn't like it before at all; my sister had the body spray, and it eventually grew on me.
I went to LaSenza in a mall one day (Ontario, Canada), and saw that they were having a sale for VS scents. The vanilla line was 5 for $15! With each of these bottles originally $10 each, it was a steal for a reduced 3 bucks!
I get SO many compliments when I wear this fragrance (body splash or EDT).
I even sprayed a teddy bear gift for my boyfriend with this scent and all his buddies wanna hug it cuz it smells so great! ;)
A lot of people tell me I smell like chocolate... but it basically just smells really soft and sweet.
The bottle is also so nice and small that I can stash a bottle in my backpack or purse in case I need to spray myself... or a smelly room!

Most vanilla scents are a dime a dozen. To me they usually just smell like vanilla extract mixed with rubbing alchohol. This is by far the best vanilla scent I've found. I remember my mom buying it when I was a kid and I always loved the way it smelled. Now I love smelling it on me. I spray it on my wrists and throughout the day I get whiffs of delicious vanilla that soothe me during the hectic workday. Keep your eyes open because VS has lots of sales with these scents and the matching products for 6 for $30.

on 2/22/2008 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When I first sprayed this on and sniffed it I nearly died. The alcohol smell was so strong. But after a while it faded and I was left with a nice comforting vanilla. Its lasting power is stronger than most of the other fragrances too, I find. I spray this on at 7am in the morning and throughout the day I get whiffs of vanilla, which isn't bad considering that the only places I put this on are my pulse points and my hairbrush, before running it through my hair. Not too sure about its effects on people around me, but they seem warmer and friendlier- or could it just be my imagination? Anyhow, this is a great buy considering the price. Would get this again.

on 11/23/2007 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

1st i want to start by saying im a DIE HARD VANILLA FAN, and VS Vanilla Lace has never disappointed to me. I have always loved Victoria's Secret's Vanillla Lace. It is a very sweet and warm vanilla. EVERYTIME, AND I MEAN EVERYTIME i wear it i get compliments for everyone around me. I have oily skin so it lasts on my body. When i use the lotion it lasts even longer. I'm so glad i purchased it, because it is hard for me to find a good Vanilla scent that i will fall in love w/.

Popular Fragrances