November 28, 2014 | 1439 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

I have been using Dove with an Olay face brush, and my skin looks great. Smooth, soft, clear. I have used this soap as a body wash for years but started using as a facial soap when I ran out of cleanser and nothing has been so simple and effective. I can't believe I have been wasting $$ on other products for years. I always have a stock of these on hand. I buy in bulk at Costco, cheap cheap cheap and super effective. My face has never looked so good.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by hilarybeauty55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You know, I never thought much about this soap through out my 20 years of life. My mother used this on my brother and I all through our childhood and I still find myself buying it to this day. I have tried all kinds of cleansing products, both expensive and non-expensive. This soap works the BEST for all uses, including cleaning my makeup brushes and lady bits. The best part about this soap, though, is that it does not cause my acne-prone skin to break out. It's a life saver!! Thanks Dove!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by beautybynadiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best skinproduct ever. HG. Never had a bad reaction while using this. Cheap and does the job well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was very much a shower gel kind of girl, but my OH bought me some of this after I complained about having dry skin. I will always have to have this in my life, it's ridiculously good stuff! Soft, creamy, doesn't dry my skin, smells gorgeous and is pretty cheap! It's a lifesaver.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by cjhalfthai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well I liked Dove but I have to say I prefer Olay Age Defying Bar than this. I live in the Philippines and the Dove Beauty Bar formulation here is a bit different. It's not as creamy as it used to be, those old days when Dove bars were from the overseas coz it still wasn't available here. Well I guess they tried to reformulate the bar soap to suit Asian skin or the tropical weathers (the Philippines can be humid so using a moisturizing bar would rather feel icky than comforting). But I would have preferred it if it were its old, creamy, slippery self. Dove Bars have gone really drier these days. I also don't like the scent too much, it's a bit strong, it smells like an old woman.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great soap, smells deliciously clean and fresh, don't use on my face as I thought its a no no, but after reading comments on here I may try it. HG soap, the fresh hand wash by dove is great too

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by prettyfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

after bad breakout due to hormonal issues, my dermatologist recommends to wash my face with dove. Dove doesn't clear up acne right away but it does help balancing my skin. It very soft, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin but does the job to remove dirt. I'm using some acne medication and dove as a face wash, they help clear up my acne and now my face looks a lot better. I think I'm gonna use it forever for my face and body.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by shereenzargham

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best soap in my life,,,having excellent qualities..It gives me glowing and bright face,,,love dove

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Nova0407

I've been using dove since I was a little girl. Use it as a body wash and to was my face! I've heard to never use bar soap as a face wash but it's really gentle on my acne prone skin! The best way to use it is to lather the soap in your hand, keep working with it until it turns into a creamy foam, then gently massage onto face. Dove never dries out my skin, it adds a bit moisture. I've never had any skin issues while using this on my face. I love it! And it's super cheap! I buy them in bulk at costco.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by pandafever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry, very sensitive skin, but I'm not a fan of shower gels. Most bar soaps are way too drying or irritating for me. Dove is the only soap that doesn't feel like it's stripping my skin. I really love the creamy lather and the smell! It's creamy enough to shave my legs with! I was an Ivory girl for years, but in the winter months my skin just cannot take it! Now, I still have to lather up with Vaseline after I get out of the shower, but my skin is much, much less irritated.
On a side note, I know many people use Dove as a face wash, and I tried it, but even Dove dries out the skin on my face. I do MUCH better with Noxzema when it comes to my face.