April 18, 2014 | 1211 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Ldv15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one brush I use every single day. I'm sure there are equally as good smudge brushes but I just haven't gotten around to buying them. It is a great size to smudge eye shadows. I usually put some dark brown shadow on then put an eyeliner over as an everyday look and this brush is always my go-to in putting the right amount of shadow below the crease line. Recommended but I can't compare to other smudge brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the second Mac brush I purchased even though I already had the Sigma version. I love how pointed the tip is, and how firm it is for applying a little highlight to the inner corners of my eyes. It is also perfect for smudging a pencil liner.

I got this as Sigma's version just could not do it, its too fluffy and soft and not pointed enough. I could not get the highlight to apply to only the area I wanted, it would just apply a more diffused and wider area which i do not like. Its too soft and would not be good for smudging out a liner. I do not like it at all.

I love Mac's 219 pencil brush, its perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by piellelux

What it claims:
For precision shading on lid, in eye crease or along lash line. The soft, smooth fibers of this brush are gathered into a pencil-shaped tip. It is ideal for blending eyeliner into eye shadow to create a smoky looking eye. MAC professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.

What I think:
I love this brush as it is my HG to create a sexy look. It is firm, not super soft but soft enough to where it doesnt poke the eye, it blends my eyeliner/eyeshadow perfectly as if it had a light blur effect of 1.0. Very light, easy to clean. I wont find another replacement as I've settled myself on this one. Truly a staple and this is a brush where one shouldn't be looking for replacements at all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great brush for smudging as well as applying e/s in the crease line. The reason I have said I will not repurchase is because I do not expect that I will need to (based on other reviews) :-). Some other reviewers have commented that it looks dirty since the hair is white. To me this is not an issue but rather helpful as it is easy to see when a brush needs a thourough clean with light coloured hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by kdenae88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was one of my first brushes from MAC and it's an essential!! I use it most every day!! I Don't really like to use it as a crease brush but I do like to use use for the outer V, or if I'm winginging my eyeshaddow out a bit. I also use it for my inner tear duct, and also for applying shaddow like liner on my lower eyelid. It's built great! There is is no fraying or shedding, it's great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

One of my three essential brushes for eyes (217, 239, 219). It works especially great to applying eyeshadow on my lower eyelids as a liner. For me it is too stiff for the outer V and crease even for just applying without blending but maybe I will master it later on. I recommend this! Quality is great and doesn't shed at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by olystacy

This and my 217 and 239 are my go to brushes. I couldnt live without this brush. It works well for lower eye lining and the crease and v. I was talked into this brush by the counter salesewoman at MAC and I am glad she talked me into it because I use it every day. Perfect and none like it that I have found.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

This and my 217 blending brush are my 2 must-haves. I can do my eye make-up with just these 2 brushes and they make it super-easy and quick! I have no issue with rubbing off numbers even though I have been using them daily for several months (yes, they are authentic and I purchased them from MAC store). Their white color is also not an issue. MAC brush cleanser is the solution :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice for precise application of eyeshadow on the inner corners of the eye. GREat for outer v shading too! It is nice and dense. The ecotools smudger brush cannot even compare with the density of this brush. Too bad it is white. It will be hard to clean. I gave packaging quality a 3 because the number rubs off. I am thinking of giving my MAC brushes a nice polyurethane coating.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually really like this brush. It's the only thing I use to highlight my inner corners, and apply shadow liner to my bottom lid.

Not my waterline though, waaaaay too scratchy for that.

It's also very good for sharp angles, and applying brow highlight, or if I wet it, it smudges or removes makeup to create the effect I want.

Very handy brush to have.