April 18, 2014 | 2031 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser II

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by tanassa02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even though this is listed as a cleanser, i use it more as a mask. I'm not a fan of non-foaming cleansers, as i need to feel more 'clean' when I'm done. But I've found that i can apply this in a mask like fashion, avoiding eyes and lip area, leave it on for up to an hour or more, and i get good exfoliation over the course of the week (i only use it once a week, twice if I'm being aggressive). My skin is pretty resilient, so i use it in conjunction with several other exfoliants throughout the week, including almost nightly Tazorac. So all in all, i've used it on and off for over a year and a half, and i'm now gonna upgrade to the 3rd level. It's a relatively inexpensive product, depending on how you use it, and assuming my skin tolerates the 3rd level, i'll continue with that. If not, i'll happily downgrade back to level 2, and be fine. I'm just looking to get the cell turnover up for weekly, to maybe twice weekly. I'm impatient, i know.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by lovelycee

Bought the product after tons of research and reviews from fellow muaers!
Today is the 1 month period I have been consistently using this cleanser day and night. I apply a nickel size on my palm and smooth it all over my face, wait for 2mins tops then rinse with warm wash cloth, then splash with water, pat dry.
I still get the tingly feeling if I leave it on for too long otherwise it doesn't really bother me much considering it has transformed my dull yucky skin into bright, smooth, clean pores skin =) it doesn't work overnight so be patient! Tho i still get little bumps here and there which I suspect is from using wrong MU products which are on hold for now.
My routine is pretty basic (details inmy notepad) since I started this glycolic wash, I am debating to get the lotion II or the cream II because I feel that something is lacking in my regimen. I would guess that this product will definitely give you more satisfying results if use in conjuction with either the lotion or creme.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by bijouxqueen

Great product, decent price. Works like Cetaphil on steroids. Recommended by my dermatologist. I switch between Level II and Level III, depending on how my skin feels. Don't waste your time on Level I.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by mukeshveles

This is creamier than the 30% product and you still get the glowing results. I ordered the 20% cleanser (level 3 at most stores) and now I have switched to level 3 30% you can only buy this at Skinwest. I hope you like it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by onestarrynight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a month now. I also started using retin-a about six weeks ago and I was hoping this would help ex foliate the flaking from the retin-a. I decided to try cleanser II instead of I, since I don't have sensitive skin and generally tolerate most products pretty well. So far I have to say I'm really liking this cleanser. It does sting a little, but I don't leave it on long, and my skin is looking and feeling very smooth since I started this. I think it is helping with the flakes from the retin-a, although not as much as I hoped it would. Initially I only used it at night, but have recently started using it in the mornings too. My skin definitely has more of a glow now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by mgehman

My dermatologist recommended this product for me and it is great! I use it everyday and it is not irritating to my skin although it may be to some. It really keeps all acne at bay and it is safe to use during my pregnancy when so many other products in my skin care regimen have been shelved (Retin-A micro ect).

Update: ~2 yrs after inital review. I still use this and can't live without it. When I fall off the wagon and get off my skin care routine I can 100% see the difference. I use it in the morning and at night, but it is too strong after the gym. I use another MD Forte cleanser after working out. Will find and review.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 12:37:00 AM More reviews by karmiclimber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I started using this cleanser about a month ago and the results have been great. I makes my skin feel so soft and smooth and glowy. My skin always feels clean but not overly dry after using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by jferrarese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As with previous reviewers, I'm really impressed with this cleanser. Previous a great fan of Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel, my skin got wonky due to hormonal changes and I needed something to help with aging, acne and general skin dullness. After about 2 weeks, I see an enormous difference. I realise that this will continue until I'm 6 months on before I can truly judge the efficacy of this product. But that said, I feel as if "I got my old skin back." The texture is better and is easier to clean - there are way fewer breakouts. It's a keeper.

As to the packaging, it is kind of ugly. But I don't care - I'm buying the product. If you really hate it, you can decant it into something else. For me, it's fine as it is stored inside a drawer. It is sturdy but very cheap looking.

Total price - reasonable for what you get. A little goes a LONG way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by nechama22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My dermatologist recommended this cleanser and gave it to me in her office. She told me to use it once a day and then use my Kinerase cleanser at night. I was using the Kinerase Clear Skin products and they were working beautifully for a while, but I started breaking out a little bit - but not nearly as bad as before (I experienced a terrible breakout of cystic acne over the summer that left me with scars and marks all over my face.).

Pros:
Used in conjunction with the Kinerase products, this cleanser has kept my skin clear. It's like Cetaphil - it doesn't foam and feels like a light lotion. I personally like foam, but I can deal with this. It makes my skin feel very soft and doesn't dry me out at all. I don't use a washcloth all the time to remove it - I just rinse my face. I usually break out more right before my period and I didn't break out at all since I have started using this. :)

Cons:
1) I'm not too keen on the packaging - it looks cheap and crappy and I don't like the cap. It's big and round and kind of hard to grab onto in the shower. Thankfully my bottle fell on the floor and the round cap popped off and revealed a smaller black screw cap underneath. But it would be better if it were a pump, like my beloved Kinerase cleanser.

2) It has parabens, and I usually try to avoid products with them, but since my doctor recommended it, I'm using it.

OVERALL:
I didn't find it was unreasonable as far as price. I think I paid $30-35 in the dermatologist's office. You get A HUGE bottle and with using it only once a day, it will last forever.
Overall, I am satisfied and would probably purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2007 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Leelee57

Despite how sensitive my skin is, I can still use this glycolic cleanser! The cleanser is pretty gentle, though after applying it straight to my face, I notice a bit of "prickling" sensation. After I towel it off with a damp cloth a few times, the sensation disappears. It leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft and smooth, and not dry and tight. I use this cleanser 1-2x a week during the last two summers to help keep my pores clear and still don't have any problems with it.