October 25, 2014 | 947 users online

Polishes - OPI - Malaga Wine

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by maya1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's a very beautifull color....dosn't ship easily....this color is for chic and classy women...enjoy it

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by nadienadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This colour is a deep red, verging on the maroon side, probably could be described as a jelly finish. Average formula.

This is a beautiful, sophisticated red. Can be considered work appropriate, non offensive. I'd even consider this for a work interview. The colour to me says confidence, class, someone who wants to look good, who is glossy and knows what they are doing. On even, well groomed nails, this colour will look very chic. Long or short nails, no problem!

Three coats to reasonable opacity, slight visible nail line. Dries to a glossy finish, but after painting I always top it off with a high shine fast drying top coat.

Even though I own several colours similar to this one, I'll always want to have this colour in my collection. If you are going to a smart event and not sure what nail polish to wear, this colour will look appropriate every time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I am craving a dark crimson red, this is it. It's beautiful, it lasts a long time on the nail and it isn't too purple.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by kristashae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love!! New favorite red, perfect on my skin tone! Lasts about 4 days for me without chipping. I needed 3 coats to not get any streaks. Gorgeous deep red color, very classic. Looks beautiful on toes too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by NicolaKate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another one of my all time favourites! Malaga Wine is a classic rich berry-toned red perfect for any occasion. Goes on smoothly, fully opaque after a second coat. Drying time is decent and it has a gorgeous shine to it. Perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect red on me. Usually I wear dark reds because lighter ones look too orange or pink against my fair skin. Malaga wine though is the perfect shade. The only problem I have with it is that it looks more burgundy/brown indoors.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by evie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love malaga wine!!! it always brightens up my skin and the red is not too red. Just nice for all occasions!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by CintiGrl42

My mom has been on a hunt for the best red shade. We are both very fair-skinned, but I have dark Italian hair and she is blonde. On a shopping trip, I suggested this shade based on the rave reviews I read all the time. It was too deep on her fair skin, but luckily I inherited the bottle.
I LOVE it. I love that it looks different colors in different lighting. It varies between a deep autumn brown to a medium rich red in full sun. I only wear my manicures for a week at a time as I hate any sign of deterioration, but I know this shade does not chip within a week. The formula is a delight. I use Butter London Nail Foundation underneath and Essie Good to Go topcoat (I hate the OPIs for base and top). This is the only color that my husband compliments, telling me I have "really pretty nails" (he normally doesn't care). I am finishing grad school and starting the interview process for post-graduate work. I wouldn't wear it to an interview, but I find this shade both work and play appropriate. Though I normally switch shades weekly, I've had this one on for 4-5 weeks. Beautiful, sophisticated, and playful all at once.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by dcappelut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE this nail polish!
To me this is more of a fall/winter nail polish, since this comes in the darker end of the red polish spectrum.
This wine red color looks beautiful on my NC30skin (asian, yellow toned).
I am an absolute sucker for red polishes. I wear nothing BUT red polishes. And this is definitely one of my faves for the cooler months when I do not feel like going bright nor orangey-red with my red polish. Once again, LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

HG red. End of discussion. Even better than her sister "Got the Blues for Red" which I believed to be my HG (NC25).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No