December 18, 2014 | 1674 users online

Pressed Powders - The Body Shop - Pressed Face Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2005 7:03:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this powder! I have it in #2, and find it very similar to Chanels compact powder in Naturelle. Both leave a matte, relatively transparent finish, and last all day without drying my already dry skin out. The packaging looks cheap, however, and the lid broke off when I dropped it, so I took away one lippie for that. Edit: the cheap plastic packaging is so annoying that I will probably not repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2004 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Miss_Blue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is okay...not the worst, but nothing to get excited about. One this that pissed me off is that there are hardly ANY colours available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2004 3:27:00 PM More reviews by nemesis41

I am thrilled with this pressed powder. It leaves quite possibly the most flawless finish ever. I use it in Light, which is a perfect match for my super-light skin. As it only comes in three colors I've no idea how well it will match a range of skin tones, but for me it works out very well.

This powder doesn't provide much coverage- for that you'd need some sort of foundation first. I use a concealer first, then use the powder over it. I am so happy with the results. This is my regular powder now.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2004 10:14:00 AM More reviews by satnitesadnesss

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Tea tree version of this. The best powder I've come across. Sadly, they've stopped making this now.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2004 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Sonneteer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am commenting on the Tea Tree brand of pressed powder offered by The Body Shop. I considered this for years before buying it. I liked the idea of Tea Tree in a makeup (because Tea Tree is so beneficial, a natural antiseptic) but was put off by the very plain compact design. Then I tried it.

Love it! If you need coverage, like me, then you'll still need to use foundation. But as a mattifier over base, I find it quite wonderful. Easily does away with shine for touchups. Only 3 shades, but it's so translucent, you'll probably find a suitable one. I use Light.

In the AM, I apply this with a big brush; during the day I used the puff, included, for touchups.

Plastic compact is black with the green/red Tea Tree logo on top. Mirror inside, and a special compartment for the sponge-puff so that the mirror stays clean.

Worth the $12.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2004 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Tiffanyl

This powder is not bad but after applying the powder will oxidise which make my face look darker...I am DEFINITELY not buying this powder again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2004 12:51:00 AM More reviews by ParasiteEve_Under

I quite like this powder as it gives a matte & flawless feeling. However i only use it for touch-up during the day or night and not as a base. Once i actually used this powder before i go out & realized that i have a cakey, oily slick on my face after about 1/2 hour, but this doesn't happen if i only use it as a touch-up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2004 6:42:00 PM More reviews by bumblebeezer

it wasnt that bad of a product, but it came in only three shades! and it wasnt like it was three very transparent shades or anything they were like a normal pressed powder. anyways since i have oily skin i thought this would be great to keep the shine away. it didnt keep it away for more than an hour. also the color looked unnatural on me and it didnt melt into my skin like a good powder should. the only way it "melted" was when the oil on my face took over. the only thing i liked was the packaging that had a mirror and a little compartment for a make up sponge. but really, there has to be a better powder out there. not buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2003 1:00:00 AM More reviews by irate1981

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the 2-way cake without sunscreen. It cost me a pretty sum but the packaging was all sleek and glossy, so i thought what the hell.
BUT, the powder made me look oily and when it later oxidised, made me look darker than i really am. it was pretty smooth to apply, but when i did, i looked tired and hagged.
I gave it to my unsuspecting sis and went back to Maybelline. No more Body Shop for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2003 3:22:00 AM More reviews by QueenDenise69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First powder i ever bought, in hope of taming my oily skin. The powder is GORGEOUS, it's silky and has a pleasent smell. BUT// it lost major points in that it has a very short shelf life. It turns orangey and crumbles very soon. I didn't like the green compact but the mirror is retractable, which is cute.