December 22, 2014 | 1692 users online

Candles - Yankee Candles - MacIntosh Housewarmer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

I love this candle!!!!! This is definitely the best fruit scented candle I have EVER had. I bought the two-wick large tumbler, since I read online that they have the best throw. The throw on this candle is GREAT--it can easily scent a large room within about 20 minutes. The real reason why this candle deserves a 5-lippie score, however, is because of the scent. It is perfect. No cinnamon or any heavy flavors that would weigh it down, just crisp, clear apple scent as if you just cut open a perfectly ripe Autumn apple and sniffed it. It doesn't smell artificial or cheap at all. Originally I bought this candle for Fall and Winter nights, but it turned out to be so refreshing and crisp that I am going to burn it all through the summer. This is HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 4:52:00 AM More reviews by librarykrystal

I love this candle! The apple scent is perfect and crisp and these candles last quite a long time. I also love the car air freshener in the macintosh scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

MacIntosh smells like freshly cut, sweet, crisp, ripe apples. Throw is OK, I usually burn this candle in my bedroom and I can smell the candle plenty. Come to think of it, I should dust this baby off and fire it up, it's been sitting in my closet untouched for the last few months. I really like my MacIntosh candle but I don't think that I would be repurchasing, only because there are so many other candles out there that need to be lit and while I enjoy this one very much, I'm not crazy about it to the point I'd want back-ups - maybe because it's apple and while very lovely, not one of the fragrances that I keep going back to.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by jessido

My bf thought I had fresh apples baking, that's how awesome it smells, just had to share it out here :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Xi_Girl85

Nobody could deny that Macintosh smells amazing. It's a very pure fragrance, with nothing else to muddle the fresh apple smell. Unfortunately, it has very little throw. I could burn it for hours without detecting the scent anywhere in the house. I was really disappointed upon discovering this, as I think the scent is one of Yankee's best. I do have the car gel in Macintosh hanging in my closet, however, and my clothes smell great. Maybe the jar I got was just a dud?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Geekette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

THis is the smell of apples, like grammy cutting up apples and about to make a pie apples. Its great!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Bloodless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought I'd found my favourite apple scented candle when I got some "granny smith" tealights, but I think I just found something better. What a mouthwatering, yummy smell. Smells exactly like real apples. I just ran amok on ebay and ordered a 22 oz jar, 6 tarts and 12 tealights in macintosh. One of which will be a gift for my best friend who also loves scented candles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2008 3:36:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I originally bought this as a transition scent from late summer to fall. I am not one for fresh or fruity scents at all - yet this one is just a great smelling apple that isn't nausating or obnoxious. I do not think of this as a "fall" scent. I actually think I would burn this spring, summer & early fall. Purchased the 2 wick and it burns completely & clean. Price is a little high, throw could be stronger but overall happy w/ purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I could kick myself for avoiding this scent. Over the past several years, everytime I'd sniff the jar I'd cringe because I despise apple fragrances. Well, recently I ordered a set of automatic air fresheners which contained several of Yankee Candle scents and guess what was included? MacIntosh! I knew it would be the LAST scent I'd use in the set but something told me to try it NOW. Long story short - I'M IN LOVE! The aroma is crisp and realistic. No spices or weird 'old smellin' notes to cloud it. Just straight, off-the-vine freshness. Great for fall and winter. It is now my new favorite housewarmer. (I'm really loving the new 2-wick). Update: I can't stand the soot. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by BuckeyeMom4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yankee's Macintosh apple scented candle is one of the very best smelling apple candles I have found. The apple scent is crisp and fresh smelling, not sweet or of cinnamon and spice. I know many people love this scent in the fall, but I use this one over the spring and summer months because the throw is wonderful even on a summer day with all the windows open in my home!