October 1, 2014 | 1587 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Goddes5482

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is very oily. I use this on my t-zone and under my eyes. This product literally mattifys my skin all day. The color works well for me because I have a slight yellow undertone to my skin. It comes in a range of colors so banana may not work well for every skin tone but I would def recommend this product, I find it to work as well as MUFE powder at less than half the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by cassiealexa

One of thee best under eye concealer/under eye brightening setting powders I have ever used! I think its best for that Kim Kardashian bright under eye look, especially in photos. Its perfectly matte, gets rid of the shine completely, lasted all day for me with no touch ups. I was surprised because I have oily skin in my t zone and i thought over time i wiuld have to touch it up, but nope! Very satisfied. I got the .92 oz dome jar for $12 ($15 plus tax) on camerareadycosmetics dot com and the shipping was fast and easy! Even though .92 oz seems like nothing, its actually a lot, considering you dont need much. Of course the larger sizes would be more ideal if it was for stage work but mine is just for personal use, as I am not a drama makeup artist haha. Would definitely recommend :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by acutepurplecar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's ok. I thought it would be better due to the hype around it. I feel it's mostly for pictures. It does help you look flawless in pics or on camera, but in person I feel it makes me look like I have make up caked on my face, and my usual make up is a more natural look. I like it. Just not for everyday.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by ascopes

I was so excited to purchase this product. I've seen many youtube videos that give rave reviews so I was very happy when it arrived in the mail. After I tried it, I was so disappointed. First off, it leaves a horrible yellow tint to my face but that wasn't even the worst thing about it - it made my skin super shiny and oily within a couple of hours. I am confused as to how a loose powder could do this but as soon as I stopped using it, the oiliness stopped. I am more than willing to swap this. Horrible product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff seriously is amazing I use it a tiny bit to set my makeup and honestly my makeup esp my t-zone barely got oily the whole day. looks good in photos and in person! definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by mackenzielovesmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have always wanted to try this powder for under the eye concealer, and it doesn't really do the job all that well. I got the yellow color, and it looked awful on my skin since it is a pink undertone. I had heard that even though it is a yellow color, it will not leave a yellow film on the skin, which it does. I recommend getting the white color, for all skin colors . I hate the way you have to dump it out of the container. It does help if you add this before putting on eyeshadow to prevent fall out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- matte finish
- prevents creasing
- controls oil
- brightens face

CONS

- packaging
- powdery

COMMENTS: First thing I will say is when you get this...poke a couple of holes without removing the cover. This will prevent too much powder from leaving the bottle and waste less product. You can also cover some holes with tape. I don't find this to be that finely milled as others say. I find my NYX and ELF HD powders to be more finely milled, but it still doesn't settle into my fine lines and does prevent creasing. I would not recommend this for fair skin as it is very yellow (medium to dark skin tones only). If you do find the pigment too strong, then I recommend applying with a brush and buffing it in - the effect is much more subtle. The finish is very matte, which is fine...but it can also look very powdery. A little goes a long way, so try not to overdo it especially if you have dry skin. There's also some nice oil control here and I can see this lasting a pretty long time.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Anahata66

Thank goodness for Youtube. I saw this being used in a makeup tut. I use it to set the concelaer under my eyes, WOW! This is such a fine silky powder that I haven't seen a crease in the makeup yet! this literally leaves the area under my eyes flawless. I wish I had learned about it much sooner. I see that the banana color should be used by people with more of an olive color. I think if I were fair skinned I would try another color. The banana powder only refers to the color and was made huge by KKs maukeup artist. There are other colors, so give them a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by aleshoane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The sad fact of the matter is, this is a dry and chalky powder on my face. It doesn't control oil and it doesn't make me look better - and let's face it folks, if it doesn't make me look better, than it's a waste of money. The yellow tint effect is great - I just wish the powder was more fine milled than it is. I suppose this is the consequence of buying a loose powder as opposed to a pressed powders.

Plus side is that it's still usable to set undereye concealer. Overall, I think it's okay. Mario Dedivanovic obviously knows what he's doing on Kim K, but I muse that her skintype may work better with this powder - mine is dehydrated and oily, and I prefer a dewy finish overall.

This stuff lasts forever. I've had it for about 10 months and I'd estimate 4/5 to be left in the jar. So bang for your buck? Yes... IF it works for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I know everyone loves this but I honestly don't. I did really like it at first but as I started to wear it more, I began to realize it looked kind of bad. Compared to the majority of loose powders I've used, it's not as fine, it's got a bit more grit to it. I find it to be quite dry, almost chalky. Not good if you've got dry undereyes. I'm pretty tan (NC37-NC40 at the moment) and I feel as if it's a bit too yellow & not as brightening as I'd like. Maybe it's due to the fact I have a more neutral-warm undertone. But more then anything, I'm disappointed with the texture & finish of this powder. It makes anywhere I put it look more dry then it actually is. I can see this working better applied with a damp beauty blender-type sponge but as I've used it, I'm not really impressed. Perhaps it's the corn starch & rice starch ingredients that don't agree with me so I've found a powder without those 2 ingredients, Almay Smart Shade Loose Finishing Powder in Light & it works awesomely to brighten up certain areas of my face. It doesn't have the yellow tone that the Banana powder does, it's more skintoned & neutral so I think it works better for me. It's much more fine, smooth & silky in comparison yet has a nice tint that can be built up to brighten without feeling or looking dry & chalky. So all in all, not a fan of the Banana powder. I guess it's just one of those products that works for most people that doesn't work for me.