August 23, 2014 | 1059 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Old Gold

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by staciab82

MAC pigment is "Old Gold" is probably my very favorite MAC eyes product, and even my favorite product overall. This pigment is rich & metallic. It is an antique gold with green undertones and it is gorgeous on every eye color & skin tone. I am brunette, blue eyes, fair skin and it is so illuminating. One thing I love about Old Gold is that you can use it just as a shimmery shadow, metallic liner, or use to to do a glimmering antiqued smoky eye. Also, if you apply it wet, especially over black liner it comes out an almost neon green & gold. This pigment is absolutely worth every cent. I've had it for a couple of years now and it is still in perfect condition and I used it often and am only about a quarter into the generous sized jar. Every time I wear this I get tons of compliments and questions about what am I wearing, and most people think it's a mixture of several shadows. You can do so much with this, it's a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by HilaryLaFrance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a Mac junkie, and my favorite pigment color is Old Gold. It is a wonderful gold with green sheen. Beautiful on your eyes, everytime I wear this I get compliments. For a more dramatic look put on a black cream shadow underneath to deepen the color.

I recommend trying this color.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2008 2:28:00 PM More reviews by MrsGlamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thought it would be more GOLD. On me it looks pretty green!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Peacelover18

I am NW15 with green eyes. This pigment is permanent; the color description is a high frosted tarnished gold. It is another duochrome pigment, and can look gold, green, or brown depending on the light. It is beautiful paired with other golds, browns, or greens, and also with teals. Pigments are $19.50 each and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by inside1solution

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of my favourite pigments!! I love the colour effects you can get from this by wearing different shades of eye pencil underneath.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by stellartois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sadly, I'm not loving this. It's definitely looks gold in the jar, but it goes on me looking more like a sickly, chartruece green. I'm very cool toned and this pigment is probably more suited to someone with a warmer complextion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Roseanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In the jar it's really gorgeous but I looked at it when I got it in the mail and thought "Oh no, I can't wear that even though it's so pretty, it's just not right for me." I brushed a little on the back of my hand and it flew away and wouldn't stick to me at all! I am new to MAC pigments (but not OTHER pigments like NYX) but I was so disappointed -- maybe my skin is just too dry though because when I put it on my eye and it actually stuck a bit, but still went on rather sheer. I couldn't really get it to build up at all by pressing more in, but it was okay because the sheer(ish) wash was GORGEOUS. I was so pleasantly surprised and it looked pretty flattering on me, too when I was not expecting that. It was also surprisingly subtle (on ME anyway, also I'm young so I wear brighter weirder colors and get away with it -- also I wear glasses so my eyes disappear on my face) while also being very pretty and striking. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, what a unique and stunning pigment! Old Gold is true to its name--it is similar to tarnished gold--but it also has reflects of green or bronze, depending on how the light hits it. All of its shimmery undertones make this pigment one-of-a-kind. The only complaint I have is that it goes on sheer at first (for me, any way), so I have to apply another coat to get the intensity I want. But, still, it's worth it for the way it makes my blue eyes pop--I'll deal with a little extra work! :P

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2008 1:11:00 AM More reviews by perfectknight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I get compliments on my shadow (and eyes) everytime I wear this. It looks sort of lime green on me and makes my eyes look very blue. It's very iridescent, but with not a ton of real "color". It makes kind of a wash of gold and green shine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by lba619

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

NW25, Lt. Brown, Blue/Hazel, Combo, No breakouts. I purchased a sample of this pigment, and must say I love it. Great for sparkle on a night out with hubby. Very blendable and flatters with other colored pigments or shadows. Will repurchase.