MAC Pigment in Old Gold

4.2

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am a Mac junkie, and my favorite pigment color is Old Gold. It is a wonderful gold with green sheen. Beautiful on your eyes, everytime I wear this I get compliments. For a more dramatic look put on a black cream shadow underneath to deepen the color.

I recommend trying this color.

on 11/5/2008 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Thought it would be more GOLD. On me it looks pretty green!

on 9/28/2008 8:46:00 PM

I am NW15 with green eyes. This pigment is permanent; the color description is a high frosted tarnished gold. It is another duochrome pigment, and can look gold, green, or brown depending on the light. It is beautiful paired with other golds, browns, or greens, and also with teals. Pigments are $19.50 each and I would definitely repurchase.

One of my favourite pigments!! I love the colour effects you can get from this by wearing different shades of eye pencil underneath.

on 3/24/2008 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sadly, I'm not loving this. It's definitely looks gold in the jar, but it goes on me looking more like a sickly, chartruece green. I'm very cool toned and this pigment is probably more suited to someone with a warmer complextion.

on 2/23/2008 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

In the jar it's really gorgeous but I looked at it when I got it in the mail and thought "Oh no, I can't wear that even though it's so pretty, it's just not right for me." I brushed a little on the back of my hand and it flew away and wouldn't stick to me at all! I am new to MAC pigments (but not OTHER pigments like NYX) but I was so disappointed -- maybe my skin is just too dry though because when I put it on my eye and it actually stuck a bit, but still went on rather sheer. I couldn't really get it to build up at all by pressing more in, but it was okay because the sheer(ish) wash was GORGEOUS. I was so pleasantly surprised and it looked pretty flattering on me, too when I was not expecting that. It was also surprisingly subtle (on ME anyway, also I'm young so I wear brighter weirder colors and get away with it -- also I wear glasses so my eyes disappear on my face) while also being very pretty and striking. Love it.

Wow, what a unique and stunning pigment! Old Gold is true to its name--it is similar to tarnished gold--but it also has reflects of green or bronze, depending on how the light hits it. All of its shimmery undertones make this pigment one-of-a-kind. The only complaint I have is that it goes on sheer at first (for me, any way), so I have to apply another coat to get the intensity I want. But, still, it's worth it for the way it makes my blue eyes pop--I'll deal with a little extra work! :P

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I get compliments on my shadow (and eyes) everytime I wear this. It looks sort of lime green on me and makes my eyes look very blue. It's very iridescent, but with not a ton of real "color". It makes kind of a wash of gold and green shine.

on 1/20/2008 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

NW25, Lt. Brown, Blue/Hazel, Combo, No breakouts. I purchased a sample of this pigment, and must say I love it. Great for sparkle on a night out with hubby. Very blendable and flatters with other colored pigments or shadows. Will repurchase.

on 1/6/2008 11:47:00 AM

HOT pigment! It's gold with iridescent flecks of blue/green and for being so sparkly it's surprisingly versatile. I have used it in the daytime w matte shadows to tone it down and love it in the evening with just about anything. This pigment also changes the color of certain eyeliners which is a wicked little trick! You can easily overdo it with this so use lightly and build depending on how dramatic you want your look to be. Go to a MAC store, get yourself a sample and play with it.