December 20, 2014 | 1685 users online

Skincare - Body - Weleda - Sea Buckthorn Body Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by lisa_thejack

Not the easiest oil to rub in but once absorbed leaves your skin really really soft. I hope it'll help prevent pregnancy stretch marks...! EDIT: I finished this and didn't repurchase. Instead I bought Rilastil which I used throughout my pregnancy and not ONE stretch mark!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes this does moisturize but the smell is gross. In the UK, there is a survival specialist called Ray Mears who presents a programme about what our ancestors would have survived on and one recent episode featured the Sea Buckthorn. He had to collect the berries in a bucket before cooking them over the fire. Both he and his colleague were practically gagging at the smell which they described as "fermenting orange juice" and that is exactly what I can smell despite Weleda trying to disguise the odor with mandarin and grafefruIt essential oils. About the only time the scent would be tolerable would be around Christmas when clementines are in abundance.
Don't wear a white dress with this either, the orange color will stain your clothes. Shame because it is very velvety.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Bowker2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best body oil ive over tried, it is rich and super moisturizing but soaks deep into skin fast and doesnt leave any greasy/oily residue, even on hands! It just leaves skin moist and glowy. Im going through my bottle fast, i wish it had a pump so i could know how much im using better! Smells fresh and fruity, and fades after an hour or so. Great after a full body exfoliation!
mmmmmm!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent product for sensitive, dry skin. Plus, I love the tangy scent. My skin felt so much more soft and supple. I apply after my shower to slightly damp skin. And you get your money's worth, since you get a big glass bottle of the product. You can find it at your local health food store.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2007 10:37:00 PM More reviews by hazyjane

I like to use this on my arms, as I feel it's helped some minor sun damage I aquired a year and a half ago. I have fair, freckly skin and I don't want my arms to get too pigmented. I took one lippie off for the tangerine scent which smells quite a lot like Tang!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2007 5:20:00 AM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle. I have always used this oil on my face and not on body. Sometimes when my skin is very dry and tired looking, I use this over night and everytime I wake up, my skin seems so radiant and even those wrinkless seems so much lesser. I love this skincare oil and the smell is like heaven. I have irritation to many essential oils but never had any because of this one. I will keep using this as long as they make it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2007 5:55:00 PM More reviews by sanddancer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is wonderful stuff. I used it during my last pregnancy, and didn't get any stretchmarks, which I had thought were inevitable having had them before. I can't be sure that it was this body oil, but I will certainly buy it for any friends who get pregnant.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Rainbow_Phoenix

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell and texture are both heavenly. I love this oil so very much it's hard to put into words. It is silky, not greasy. It sinks right into the skin leaving a subtle sheen and a delicious entrancing fragrance. Sea Buckthorn is so beneficial for the skin, very high in Vitamin C.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2006 10:16:00 AM More reviews by seasaildu

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS. I have dry skin and I've gone back to using this oil every morning, as it's made a huge difference compared to lotions (i.e., other Weleda, Lush, drugstore brands). No more flakes, no more itchy/stretchy feeling, and no more eczema. It has even reduced the appearance of stretch marks. I rub it on wet skin when I'm still in the shower, and then towel off as normal. The scent (nice, of oranges) fades quickly; several hours later I can detect a faint smell only if I put my nose right against my skin. I don't feel the need to reapply moisturizer again later in the day/evening, which is nice. The bottle lasts for ages, though people with children may be wary of having glass in the bathroom. I buy this in the UK, where the price is very reasonable--this costs more than drugstore lotions, of course, but less than spa/boutique body oils, and offers excellent value for money. Plus, there are no additives/chemicals, which is always a bonus. If I could cure myself of a magpie-like tendency to try new things all the time, this would be my HG staple. In any case, I'll always have a bottle of this around, especially in the autumn and winter. Go buy some!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2006 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sea Buckthorn Body Oil is great for winter. It will lock in the moisture, and keep you warm. This oil is thick so make sure you use it right after shower directly on wet skin. It will absorb better that way. SBBO is very aromatic, warm and spicy which I really like. I use it when I want a product with more scent; usually I go for oils and butters that smell more neutral. But this oil is an exception. When I use it I donít need my perfume. It smells delicious.