MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Great brush, it packs the colour really well, works for eyeshadow, pigments, lower-lash make-up... Pretty much everything. It has professional results, which is amazing. I love it and I'm really happy I bought it!

on 1/29/2013 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love this brush! It's been my loyal eye shadow brush for my upper eyelid for the past 5 years and it still looks like new when I clean it!
The quality is amazing (the bristles are very soft yet dense) and it has been with me for so long and still looks and works great!

I will definitely buy it again (if I ever need to because this brush will last a very very long time)

on 1/28/2013 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is THE BEST brush! I use it for everything! Packing on color to upper lid, putting color on lower lid, outer V, highlight and inner corners. The only thing it doesn't do is apply crease color or blend; for that I use the Mac 224. I use one to apply light colors and a 2nd one for dark shadows. Def worth the $.

on 1/24/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

-Perfect eyeshadow applicator.
-Really good for grabbing powder eyeshadow and it minimizes fallout when applying to the eyelid.
-Bristles are soft and won't scratch your lids.

on 1/24/2013 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Favourite eyeshadow brush of all time. I use the 239, which is a natural bristled brush to apply my eye shadows onto my eyelids. I swipe my 239 into the eye shadow pan and it really does pick up a lot of colour and deposits it precisely where I want on the lid. Itís dense but very soft, and gives a lovely smooth application. It can even be used to apply shadow to the lower lash line.

on 12/28/2012 9:35:00 PM

I love this brush! I would say it is my FAVORITE eyeshadow brush. It really picks up the color! it doesn't leave a lot of fallout on my face. I actually own two--one for dark shadows and one for light shadows. That would be my only complaint, the white bristles. It just makes it look so dirty. Even the MAC brush cleaner doesn't remove the stain of eyeshadow completely. But It still does the job!

on 11/28/2012 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this brush and would recommend it to anyone creating their own brush collection.

This is the best brush I have for overall lid washes and also packing on the shadows. You would think that there are alot of basic eye brushes out there, but this one tops them all. Great value for the quality.

on 11/25/2012 10:12:00 PM

Great brush for packing on color to your lid! Love it!

My favorite eye shadow brush. I've been using it for a long time now, and I've been very happy with its performance and quality.

on 10/23/2012 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I have quite a few mac items, eyeshadow and eye brushes being the main thing I think about when I want something MAC-ish. I'm honestly not that impressed with the foundation and other face stuff, seeing as it clogs up my pores... But anyroad: The first brush I bought was the 217, seeing as everyone was calling it "the brush!" And it's great and all, but I always thought I missed something. I needed something flat and compact to pack the color onto the lid, rather than just brushing it on followed by blending, like I do with the 217. I saw this was on sale on rockthecatwalk and thought it looked promising, and purchased it along with vanilla.

When I picked it up from the mailbox and unpacked it I pretty much understood that I had done the right thing just by looking at the brush. It's flat, it's dense, and it's soft enough to be gentle on the eyelids, but not so soft that it lose its purpose. It definitely does a great job at packing on eyeshadow on the lid, with the ability to build the color up to the intensity you like. It's easy to get clean with my daiso brush cleanser, and it has not shed a hair. Score!

It's not as versatile as the 217, but in my opinion, you need both in your collection. My next purchase is going to be a bigger brush for an all over wash (224), and another blending brush (222). That and an eyeliner brush is definitely going to complete my collection. I do like the inexpensive brushes from Samantha Chapman, but for eyes you simply can't go wrong with mac. HG fo sho... You have to have this ;-)

Video Reviews & Tutorials