November 24, 2014 | 1167 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

I love this brush! I would say it is my FAVORITE eyeshadow brush. It really picks up the color! it doesn't leave a lot of fallout on my face. I actually own two--one for dark shadows and one for light shadows. That would be my only complaint, the white bristles. It just makes it look so dirty. Even the MAC brush cleaner doesn't remove the stain of eyeshadow completely. But It still does the job!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I love this brush and would recommend it to anyone creating their own brush collection.

This is the best brush I have for overall lid washes and also packing on the shadows. You would think that there are alot of basic eye brushes out there, but this one tops them all. Great value for the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Dlrainer

Great brush for packing on color to your lid! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

My favorite eye shadow brush. I've been using it for a long time now, and I've been very happy with its performance and quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I have quite a few mac items, eyeshadow and eye brushes being the main thing I think about when I want something MAC-ish. I'm honestly not that impressed with the foundation and other face stuff, seeing as it clogs up my pores... But anyroad: The first brush I bought was the 217, seeing as everyone was calling it "the brush!" And it's great and all, but I always thought I missed something. I needed something flat and compact to pack the color onto the lid, rather than just brushing it on followed by blending, like I do with the 217. I saw this was on sale on rockthecatwalk and thought it looked promising, and purchased it along with vanilla.

When I picked it up from the mailbox and unpacked it I pretty much understood that I had done the right thing just by looking at the brush. It's flat, it's dense, and it's soft enough to be gentle on the eyelids, but not so soft that it lose its purpose. It definitely does a great job at packing on eyeshadow on the lid, with the ability to build the color up to the intensity you like. It's easy to get clean with my daiso brush cleanser, and it has not shed a hair. Score!

It's not as versatile as the 217, but in my opinion, you need both in your collection. My next purchase is going to be a bigger brush for an all over wash (224), and another blending brush (222). That and an eyeliner brush is definitely going to complete my collection. I do like the inexpensive brushes from Samantha Chapman, but for eyes you simply can't go wrong with mac. HG fo sho... You have to have this ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by aspasia1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first ever mac brush!
So good, Im going to buy all my brushes from MAC , from now on!
Just excellent for eyeshadow newbies like myself. Beautiful application of all eyeshadows, no matter what finish they have. Great for blending as well, dont think i need a blending brush.
It really took my make-up skills many levels up, I never thought one brush would have so much impact.
Worth the money, do not hesitate to invest!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by makeuplover101101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this brush, it was my first brush i ever got by MAC, and its so good for packing on light colors!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I understand all of the great reviews, but.....

I finally broke down and picked up this brush about 5 months ago. BROKE being the operative word. This is a fantastic brush that applies shadows perfectly to my lids. It's very soft and applies pigments very precisely. It also cleans very easily and I can tell that it will last me a long time.

However, I can (and have) achieve all of the above with numerous other brushes at a fraction of the cost of the 239. I'm not really feeling paying so much money to have MAC stamped on the handle.

I really do like this brush, but it's not so great that I 'save it' for special applications. I won't buy another one, but would never turn it down as a gift. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first MAC brush and I must say that quality is great and I can tell that I will get another few years of use out of this brush. Therefore, donít let the price offset you. Brushes are typically an investment. In addition to working well for powder shadows, this also works well for Armaniís Eyes To Kill Shadows. I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The 239 is one of my first eye brushes and although my brush collection is growing, MAC's 239 is my favorite brush to apply lid colors with. The brush is paddle-shaped, dense and flat which makes it perfect for packing on eyeshadows and pigments. If I wanted to, I could do a whole eye with this one little brush! The bristles are sooo soft, it makes me want to pet it all day! I have recommended this to family and friends and they all love it. I have not had a single hair shed from this brush. I plan to get another 239 because I just love it so much! :)