Kevyn Aucoin Volumizing Mascara

3.9

This is an excellent mascara, although Chanel Inimitable does a little more for my lashes. Like the othe reviewers stated, Kevyn Aucoin's really stays on, no smudges, yet comes off with ease, and lashes look great. Might buy again, but will probably stick with Chanel.

UPDATE 7/25/08: I LOVE this mascara even better than Chanel. Also, it really is smudge free. I finally found my HG mascara!

UPDATE: 6/06/09: Still my HG Mascara! For any mascara junkies, you know how amazing it is to love a mascara this long!

UPDATE: 10/29/10 I try other mascaras in (most recently Lancome Precious Cells), but STILL go back to Kevyn Aucoin - absolute HG mascara!!!

on 5/1/2008 10:36:00 PM

Ok - there is a good reason this is $25....it's worth it! My short little lashes looked fabulous after I applied this.

If there were a good drugstore comparison, I would be using it - but there isn't.

The closest to this is Max Factor 2000 Calorie.

on 4/8/2008 5:49:00 PM

fantastic mascara, the best I ever used. smudge free and although it is not waterproof I swim ith it and still it stays where it should be on my lashes.

on 3/21/2008 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i put this product to the test last night by actually sleeping in it. woke up dis morning totally smudge freee...actually forgot about it until i hit the showers and started washin my face and tot y i had black stringy materials coming out of my lashes and realized it was the mascara ...oh i so love this product...yes it does tend to clump but this is my FIRST ever TOTALLY -as ADVERTISED smudge free waterproof mascara! so i am just gonna go the extra mile by combing through my lashes after application!

on 10/12/2007 7:07:00 AM

I am very impressed. This is the first time I have used a Kevin Aucoin product and if The Volume Mascara is anything to go by I will be going back to Mecca for more. The tiny brush has defined every lash and has made them look long and pretty which is amazing because I have fine, straight medium length lashes. No clumps, nice packaging, worth the $50AUD price tag.

I love this mascara. I am eyelash challenged. They are thin, short and straight. I have tried every mascara in the market because I am always looking for the best possible look. I always go back to this product bc it gives me the lenght, curl and volume I need. It is also the easiest mascara to take off -- all you need is a little warm water. This is ideal for contact wearers.

on 3/11/2007 8:33:00 PM

This review is for the "regular" Kevyn Aucoin mascara. I don't know if it's the curling, volumizing, or whatever one, since it doesn't really do any of those things. What I do like about it is that it's not clumpy and it does hold a curl after I've used an eyelash curler (though I could've sworn it was straightening out my eyelashes when i first got it), and I do like it for a very natural, basic look. And the brush is tiny. In regards to how it interacts with water, though--when my eyes are watery, the mascara falls apart all over my cheeks! It looks scary. Especially if you're an innocent passer-by and have no idea what it is. But it won't come off completely when I wash my face. Not something I'd pay 25$ (or however much it is) for again. The tube's pretty, though. :) Too bad; I wanted to love it!

on 2/18/2007 9:59:00 PM

This mascara is great! You really have to use a magnifying mirror to make it work at its best. It is very easy to wash off.

on 1/28/2007 11:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this mascara! My new HG. You can go for both natural and dramatic looks.
My lashes are between 1cm-1.5cm long naturally...after 3 carefully applied coats it looks like I'm wearing false lashes.
I have thick lashes and this separates them like no other product.
Best of all it comes off easily; no rubbing or smudging! A perfect idea for sensitive eyes. AMAZING!

on 1/22/2007 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I hate to spend money on makeup unless it's an HG product, but how will you know if you don't try it? One day on a visit to New York I got attacked at Sephora and walked out with spiderleg eyes (it was a Guerlain product if you like that sort of thing). Embarrased all day, I wandered past the Aucoin counter at Bergdorfs and got face makeup applied to match the overpowering eyes (I don't wear much makeup). Those products were nice, but what I bought untried was the mascara with the hope of finally having a non-smudged day. Well, this product DOES NOT smudge, which is amazing. Sometimes I have ended up with little black bits on my face when heavy eye rubbing has occured (it may have also been on a rainy day), but no smudging. The look is fairly natural but depending on application can be more dramatic. Thanks to tips on the board I do comb it, as does come out a little clumpy at times. But this is an impressive product.