July 31, 2014 | 1544 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Paula's Choice - Gentle Touch Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Jamima

This is a fantastic make-up remover/cleanser for the entire face. My face has never looked cleaner and brighter. Milia around my lower eyes has gone, even though I religiously applied BHA's. Two problems however, 1) very expensive if used twice daily as a cleanser and 2)the packaging leaks when travelling. I've noticed that will all PC products with this type of packaging. They obviously need to change it. Otherwise an EXCELLENT product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by SonyaGA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample size of this. I was very pleased with it. It feels really good on my skin. It removed all of my eye makeup with almost no effort at all. It did not feel greasy at all and left no residue feeling behind. I have been usuing an eye makeup remover by Neutrogena that I was quite pleased with. I didn't expect this to be very different but I have to admit that it works better. It took less effort, less tugging on my lashes to get the mascara off. It seems a bit pricey. The Neutrogena eye makeup remover I've been using is about $7 for 4 oz. PC's is almost $13 for 4 oz. That's a pretty big price difference to me. However, it worked so well that I do believe when my Neutrogena runs out I will replace it with this. The fact that I could tell a definate difference in the two sold it for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2006 7:56:00 AM More reviews by MissMargo

This is my HG eye makeup remover. It's great for removing waterproof mascara, it's very gentle and it leaves no oily residue. I'm on my second bottle and I will be buying more!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 7:18:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

(This is a totally updated review written on 7/16/06)I wasn't using enough product on the cotton round for it to be effective when I first got this. Duh! Now I take the top off and splash about 10 drops onto the round and it works brilliantly to dissolve and remove my toughest and blackest eyeliner - Laura Mercier cake eyeliner. It's not oily or irritating to the eyes and can be used in a patting motion which is gentle to the eye area. Just a few tiny black traces need to be whisked away from under my eyes with a Q-tip after I've washed my face. I just run the Q-tip around the lid to pick up enough product to do this. This is the best eye makeup remover I've used. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2005 6:17:00 PM More reviews by CharmeC

This is a fragrance-free moderately oily makeup remover. The product removes mascara well, but you may have to wash your face twice with facial cleanser in order to get the oil off cleanly. I will not repurchase since I dislike oil-based makeup removers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2005 12:31:00 AM More reviews by edenssixthday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awesome makeup remover! It removes every last bit of makeup, even on my super-heavy eye-makeup club nights... although it takes a little more on those nights. My eyes are highly sensitive, and I have no issues in the least with using this product on my eye areas. It's especially great at removing lipstick. Too many makeup removers remove the lipstick, but leave a bit of a reddish tinge around the outside of my mouth. This removes lipstick and liner so naturally, as if I'd never been wearing l/s and l/l to start with. I received two sample sizes as an extra in a swap, and it's one of the best extras I've received. I love the way I can dispense exactly the amount I think I'll need without over-dispensing and over-using. Great product, and from what I saw on the website, a reasonable price. I will hopefully be purchasing this soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

This is a good makeup remover. It removes all of my eye makeup quickly with no stinging. I have no complaints. But I don't wear waterproof mascara or any of those no-transfer lipsticks or foundations so my needs in a makeup remover are pretty basic. For me, I'm really not sure there's any reason to purchase this over Neutrogena's. I compared the ingredients and they are quite similar. Paula's has a couple of antioxidants/anti-irritants (bisabolol and green tea extract) that Neutrogena doesn't. I'm not sure that's enough to justify repurchasing. I agree with the reviewer below on the packaging. It's difficult to control the amount of product you get and when I try to put some of this on a cotton swab I always end up making a mess. I would prefer an open top myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2005 12:41:00 PM More reviews by pMaestro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far the best dual-phase eye-make-up remover to remove waterproof mascara; have just ordered my second bottle. I've tried both Clinique Take the Day Off, and Neutrogena's waterproof eye-make up remover. Clinique's left too much of the silicone residue on my eyelids, and Neutrogena's didn't work well. IMO PC works well and doesn't leave too much residue. The downsides are it is on the pricey side, and I wish it had a regular bottle open instead of the smaller squirt opening, since it's a little hard to control how much comes out (easier with a normal bottle just to put a cotton pad on the top and tip).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 10:13:00 AM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I loved the Gentle Touch but I went through so much of it so quickly because I used it to remove stubborn transfer-resistant m/u and I think it's a bit expensive so I switched to Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Make-Up Remover which is a similar silicone-based suspension remover. The oily feeling on your skin is from the silicone, not oil. I didn't love it but it didn't bother me. Gentle Touch removes everything and was really gentle, however, it's just too expensive for 4 little ounces so I won't be rebuying. I sure do love it though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2005 6:32:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent product, removes my mascara and also the clarins fix quite easily with no tugging.

No stinging and no oily residue. I am so happy with this and will definately rebuy.