September 21, 2014 | 1138 users online

Gels/Soaps - Bath and Body Works - Shower Gels

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2005 6:51:00 PM More reviews by WickedWahini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like what other reviewers have mentioned, the shower gels are basic yet lather well. You pretty much get your money's worth for these products, depending on the scents you like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2004 2:30:00 PM More reviews by glamourmama

I have this in Plumeria. This is a basic good-cleansing shower gel. It foams up nicely on a mesh pouf, and you only need a little bit each time, so the bottle lasts quite a while. I love how the scent also lingers in my bathroom after I get out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2004 11:01:00 PM More reviews by kaepora

I've sufferred from eczema since I was 10 years old, and the BBW Shower Gels combined with the Body Lotions have eliminated this skin problem. I prefer the shower gels over the creamy body washes because they clean better, lather better, and do not leave a residue on the skin. The shower gels do not dry out my skin at all, but I still need to follow with a moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2004 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Star5181

These are great shower gels - tons of yummy scents to choose from, they're not drying, lather up well, and don't leave a residue. I like B&BW's Shower Gels, although I prefer the Creamy Body Washes since they are more moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2004 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Mayfaire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried the Sheer Freesia. It has a nice smell but it doesn't last and it isn't very moisturizing. It is also expensive imo for such a small bottle. It's more of a splurge product for me, I buy it purely for the fragrance. I'll have to buy some moisturizer to make the smell last.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2004 10:23:00 PM More reviews by pinkchic14

This is the only shower gel I use. I think they're very moisturizing and smell great. The scent doesn't last long but I use the lotion after which does. My only problem is that the shower gel lasts much longer than the matching lotion and body mist.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2004 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Lynnabeth

This is very drying and I'd rather use a moisturizing body wash in the shower. Whenever I get these as gifts or there's a really great sale I put them in the liquid soap despenser on the side of my bathroom sink. They make a really nice, unusually scented hand soap and scents the entire room in the processs. (No issue with dry skin on the hands - hand cream addict.)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2004 11:52:00 PM More reviews by suntynia

This gel rocks in the shower. Good lathering and cleansing, right amount of scent. After that my skin felt soft and smooth. BUT, as I tend to sweat quickly (in humid Singapore), the scent does not last long and neither does that nice silky feeling. Guess you'll have to layer with lotion. This product is expensive for its quality and one thing: the cap is inferior! They crack, or leak whent the bottle tilts. =(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2004 2:02:00 PM More reviews by browneyedelise

These smell nice and clean very thoroughly, but there's one problem--they dry out your skin horribly after consistent use. Invest in a creamy body wash or a bar of plain old Dove soap for gentle cleansing and use the B&BW body cream to get your scent fix.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2004 10:44:00 PM More reviews by bgywgy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to just LOVE BBW products, but stopped buying them because I think the product quality is just "okay". I get sick of the scents (strong!) and feel I can get a shower gel that does the same job for a lot less $.