August 22, 2014 | 1943 users online

Blush - MAC - Matte Blush - Blunt

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by ghostieboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this specifically for contouring. It works, but takes a bit to get the hang of. The first time I tried, I looked like I had smeared dirt all over my face. You really need to use a light hand, but it gets the job done.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by glorynails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to the MAC counter to buy a bronzer for contouring, thus a matte bronzer for my NC 42 complexion. And the MAC girl suggested this and I bought it. But I wish I hadn't, because it looks so orange on my skin. Just looks too muddy. I now use it to blend or smoke out my eye shadow, just because I don't want to waste the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by manderz86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish this worked for me because you only need the tiniest amount & it blends so easily & lasts all day! I bought it to contour with & sadly it comes up reddish on my NC40/42 skin. If I use it as blush it just looks like my face is dirty. To be fair it isn't sold as a contour colour so I can't give it a low rating for that. Good product, just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by bombfrostings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I HOARD this blush. It's my every day contour. Such a gorgeous blush, simple packaging. It's never failed me. And it blends like a dream!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by SunsetGlow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first MAC blush. It lasted me forever since it's so pigmented. It's a matte chocolate brown with no strong golden/yellow undertones. MAC call's it a muted golden brown and that perfectly describes it. It's the perfect shade for making cheekbones pop.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I was afraid of this color at first as its a very brown and intense color. But it works out great as a contour. I know others have experienced it looking too reddish but I don't feel this is the case for me. For reference I am NC45,

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by ashleyaneiros

starts off brown.. but with an hour or two it hanges to a blotchy redish color.. not good for a contour ill tell you that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by esmeralda1977

I love Kandee Johnsons videos! She's so knowledgeable and the looks she creates are awesome. That's why I bought this contouring shade like so many others here on MUA.
Unfortunately, Blunt didn't really work for me. I find that the colour is VERY difficult to work with. It's a kind of dark brown with muddy/reddish/plum undertones which are obviously thought to imitate the appearance of a shadow which theoretically makes perfect sense . Yet, in reality this colour is a little too reddish for my NC20-25 skintone and it is SO difficult to blend this stuff in that I always end up wasting too much time with this product trying so hard to make it look right because the key to contouring is that the shade melts with the rest of your foundation, otherwise it will look so obvious and not elegant at all. I can make it look okay after very careful blending and constantly controlling the amount of pigment beneath my cheekbones, but you know what? This is way too annoying for me! I want a product that I can handle easily and that I can use without so much hassle.
In comparison, I have also bought the Sculpt and Accentuate Powder by MAC which is WAY better too work with and I don't have to be afraid to overdo it and end up like a clown. Furthermore, the Sculpt and Accentuate is more finely milled and so easy to blend in (I use the 165) and has a colour (light milky chocolate brown with no RED undertones) that suits my skintone a lot better. So unless you can pull off reddish tones on your skin I would consider buying another contouring shade.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by queenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this for contouring my face as it was recommended by the MAC sales assistant and I have to say, I really regret buying it. First, its really hard to blend and its really dark that when I have it on my face almost looks like its bruised (I'm NC42/44 for refference). I tried everything - using a light hand when applying it and trying to really blend it but it doesn't work. I'm not repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this color to be a matte contour/bronzing powder. This is a matte color. The color is SUPER pigmented, just one swipe and you get tons of color on your brush. I tried using this as a contour color but it made me look.. not right. Sorry to be a fuddy duddy. I tried with a very light hand and lots of blending but it didn't really work. This color IMHO is way too warm to be contouring with. As an all over bronzer (with and EVEN LIGHTER hand) made me look muddy. Believe me, I looked like Snooki after her spray tans.. an Asian Snooki, what is wrong with that picture? The one thing I definitely liked about this color was when I did pop it onto my cheeks with a pink blush under, it made the pink stand out more. Yes, it did go on smoothly. Yes, it's very pigmented. Yes, it blended nicely. BUT its too warm imo to be used as a contour color no matter how lightly of a hand I used. I hope everyone else has better luck with it. (btw, I'm NC30)