MAC Matte Blush - Blunt

3.7

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake]

on 10/30/2011 8:46:00 PM

after reading all the reviews i thought to myself, maybe theyre just not applying it right, because dirt on the face, really? well unfortunately i experienced it also! lol i tried with a light hand, i tried with many different brushes and it just didn't turn out very well on my skin. i returned it the same day.

on 10/19/2011 5:28:00 PM

I bought this specifically for contouring. It works, but takes a bit to get the hang of. The first time I tried, I looked like I had smeared dirt all over my face. You really need to use a light hand, but it gets the job done.

on 8/7/2011 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I went to the MAC counter to buy a bronzer for contouring, thus a matte bronzer for my NC 42 complexion. And the MAC girl suggested this and I bought it. But I wish I hadn't, because it looks so orange on my skin. Just looks too muddy. I now use it to blend or smoke out my eye shadow, just because I don't want to waste the product.

on 8/2/2011 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wish this worked for me because you only need the tiniest amount & it blends so easily & lasts all day! I bought it to contour with & sadly it comes up reddish on my NC40/42 skin. If I use it as blush it just looks like my face is dirty. To be fair it isn't sold as a contour colour so I can't give it a low rating for that. Good product, just not for me.

I HOARD this blush. It's my every day contour. Such a gorgeous blush, simple packaging. It's never failed me. And it blends like a dream!

on 5/2/2011 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This was my first MAC blush. It lasted me forever since it's so pigmented. It's a matte chocolate brown with no strong golden/yellow undertones. MAC call's it a muted golden brown and that perfectly describes it. It's the perfect shade for making cheekbones pop.

on 3/29/2011 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was afraid of this color at first as its a very brown and intense color. But it works out great as a contour. I know others have experienced it looking too reddish but I don't feel this is the case for me. For reference I am NC45,

starts off brown.. but with an hour or two it hanges to a blotchy redish color.. not good for a contour ill tell you that.

on 2/11/2011 11:45:00 AM

I love Kandee Johnsons videos! She's so knowledgeable and the looks she creates are awesome. That's why I bought this contouring shade like so many others here on MUA.
Unfortunately, Blunt didn't really work for me. I find that the colour is VERY difficult to work with. It's a kind of dark brown with muddy/reddish/plum undertones which are obviously thought to imitate the appearance of a shadow which theoretically makes perfect sense . Yet, in reality this colour is a little too reddish for my NC20-25 skintone and it is SO difficult to blend this stuff in that I always end up wasting too much time with this product trying so hard to make it look right because the key to contouring is that the shade melts with the rest of your foundation, otherwise it will look so obvious and not elegant at all. I can make it look okay after very careful blending and constantly controlling the amount of pigment beneath my cheekbones, but you know what? This is way too annoying for me! I want a product that I can handle easily and that I can use without so much hassle.
In comparison, I have also bought the Sculpt and Accentuate Powder by MAC which is WAY better too work with and I don't have to be afraid to overdo it and end up like a clown. Furthermore, the Sculpt and Accentuate is more finely milled and so easy to blend in (I use the 165) and has a colour (light milky chocolate brown with no RED undertones) that suits my skintone a lot better. So unless you can pull off reddish tones on your skin I would consider buying another contouring shade.

on 12/24/2010 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I bought this for contouring my face as it was recommended by the MAC sales assistant and I have to say, I really regret buying it. First, its really hard to blend and its really dark that when I have it on my face almost looks like its bruised (I'm NC42/44 for refference). I tried everything - using a light hand when applying it and trying to really blend it but it doesn't work. I'm not repurchasing.

Top Rated MAC Products