September 20, 2014 | 1813 users online

Cleansers - Fancl - Mild Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by helloJ

After hearing so much of it, I finally bought it and I love it. The most oil cleanser I've used so far. I was using Shu Uemura before it. It was great but I didnt like the oily feeling I get after washing it off.

It is comparable to the Ettusais one which I love as well but I cant decide if I should continue using Ettusais because it contains mineral oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by kissmark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can't believe I havent reviewed this yet!
I've been using this for the last 5 years. Prior to this I was using the DHC cleanising oil, which was too harsh and drying for me. Fancl is much more gentle, yet still very effective. It does a great job removing my foundation and the water proof sunscreen, but doesn't dry out my skin. I follow up with the MD Forte cleanser II and it's the perfect combo for me. One small thing is that it doesnt remove really stubborn waterproof mascara that easily, I have to rub it in a bit. But it's much better than the other mascara removers I've tried as they all irritate my eyes and make me tear up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by qoo77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use this to remove makeup, more to deep cleanse every few days my very oily T-zone combo skin. It's more effective than the usual grainy exfoliators at removing white oil plugs that constantly plagues my skin! I can feel the dead skin cells coming off when it's massaged all over my face.

Very easy to rinse off and I follow with my Lush Angels cleanser. Skin feels really smooth as a baby's whenever I use this. Doesn't dry out my skin unlike the DHC one I used before and this has no preservatives :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 6:51:00 AM More reviews by phoebeY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very good makeup remover. It's like gel texture,not oily, and it should be suitable for all kinds of skin. It does a great job in removing makeup, without drying out my skin.Definitely will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm leery of calling giving anything the beloved HG status, as there's *so* many options and it's easy to get bored and move on to the next new thing. However, you'll have to pry this cleanser from my kung-fu grip! I was hesitant to try an oil cleanser since my face is oily enough as-is and I've gotten painful and nasty cystic acne from castor and mineral oils, but luckily FANCL's cleanser doesn't have those. You need only a little of this, and even the small 30ml travel/trial bottle I imagine will last me about a month even with near-daily usage (it's nice that it's refillable, unlike some companies' travel sizes). I massage the cleanser gently into my face, then in the shower splash a little water onto my face and massage a bit more before rinsing. I've been following up with my normal cleanser (Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing Foam), and I've noticed that all my makeup is GONE, mascara, foundation, sunscreen, everything. I can tell because my Clarisonic's brush head is as white when I finish cleansing as it was before I started. I even swiped on some eye makeup remover just to make sure my mascara was gone and there was nothing on the pad. My face however neither felt stripped nor greasy, but felt plump and hydrated. I'm starting to think I probably don't even need to double cleanse. It is a little expensive, but this is one of those few products that are worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Min90

This stuff is great. Gets rid of EVERYTHING - foundation, sunscreen, mascara, you name it. It all comes off in one wash. I like the smell and the consistency. The oil washes right off - there is no residue left on your skin. My skin is left feeling just lovely and clean. I bought a sample a couple of weeks ago and so far it hasn't made me break out. I have already purchased a full bottle! Definitely recommend!
* Edit * Make sure you use it within three months! Does not work as well after it expires...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by smhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best cleanser for removing makeup, grime or sunscreen without stripping. I tried a sample of DHC's cleansing oil and it left a film after rinsing. Fancl's cleanser is on the pricey side, but two small pumps is all that is needed. I can make one bottle last at least 6-8 weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by erika21

I have been using Fancl's mild cleansing oil ever since I first discovered it in a magazine 5 years ago. It thoroughly removes all makeup - including water resistant mascara, without leaving your skin feeling as though it's stripped off all form of moisture. It also does not leave any layer of oil film. My skin feels smooth after the wash. I take my time to massage the oil into my skin. After which, I splash some water on my face (since the oil turns into somewhat of a milk cleanser upon contact with water) and massage it a little more. After washing off everything, I follow with my facial cleanser from Apicare. Even after the double cleansing, my skin does not feel tight or dry.

However, it can be rather stinging if this product gets into your eyes by accident, so 1 lippie off for that. Do close your eyes if you are using the oil on the eye area to remove mascara / eye shadow, etc.

I have read that mineral oil can wreck havoc on the skin, especially for people with acne-prone skin. Mineral oil is a very common product in cosmetic products, especially makeup e.g. foundation. However, as long as it is removed thoroughly, it is unlikely to clog pores which can result in breakouts. But why would I want to wash my face with something that can clog my pores?
As such, I love the fact that Fancl products does not contain any mineral oil. This is why I refuse to use Shu Uemura's oil cleanser even with all the raving about how wonderful it is. I would not want to take the risk.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by MANGO2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best cleansing oil on the market I've used a few other brands DHC, Shu and Laniege this is definitely the best one as its not as greasy as the others. I would carry on buying this for years to come!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by yonghuiyovi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am very thankfull that my friend told me about this cleansing oil. the sooner the better. it cleans very well. i used to have this little whitehead deep in my waterline (under my eye) and there was nothing i can do to get rid of it, not even by doing facials. i was already accept that it was going to stay there my whole life, but now it's GONE. i use this cleansing oil every night and just like that, the whitehead has gone and i didn't even know when did it happened. It cleans very well.

UPDATE: So I am now on my 4th year of using this cleansing oil, i find out that sometimes i didn't clean my mascara very well, i can see my skin under my eyes turn black (lance waterproof doll eyes, benefit they're real), this happens when i use three pumps of this oil whenever i feel my make up is heavy. I feel like using more of this, hoping will have more clean power. But i was wrong. Three pumps oil is definitely too thick for my fingers to massage my face.
So one pump for me for most of time and two pumps is max, per cleansing.

Take appropriate amount of oil and massage with circular motion, then wet my hands and massage again, and then rinse. And I get my soft, moist not dry, super clean skin.