August 29, 2014 | 1777 users online

Treatments (Face) - Biore - Pore Cleansing Strips - Nose

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by xoxoEOS

My mother is a cosmetologist and she told me these are bad for black heads because while it takes out your black and white heads, it opens them up further to allow more dirt in as and it also tears some of your skin off, which causes irritation.

As it may be true, I don't care. These things are good if you don't have time for a facial. The irritation goes away in a couple of minutes and my nose looked great.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Rubymm

I love this it's amazing it gets ALL my black and white head out and makes my pores clean as anything!! I love it so much!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I like these. I have been using them for about one and a half year now. I purchased them after seeing a lot of people on youtube say these made their pores bigger. At the time I was using a foundation that seemed to clog my pores a bit, and my boyfriend commented something alongside: "oh, I can actually see the pores on your nose", which isn't a big deal: everyone has pores on their nose, but it was the moment I decided to buy myself some pore strips to try out, even though people said a lot of negative things about them.
I had watched a lot of videos about pore strips and how to use them correctly, and also some videos where people were saying pore strips had done horrible things to their nose, like enlarged pores and broken capillaries. If you actually notice getting more broken capillaries from pore strips, I would recommend stopping using them - broken capillaries don't go away, and some people are just more prone to them.
I only use these when I see my pores becoming a little too visible and know that the pore strip will actually manage to grab onto the stuff in my pores. If you have very clean pores/very small black heads, these strips will not work well. I have just gotten some experience with them and know that under a certain (very small) size, they won't manage to pull anything out of my skin.
In general, I have gotten less congested pores over time using pore strips, they haven't enlarged my pores and I haven't gotten any broken capillaries from them and the redness on my nose after using them goes away very fast (5-10 minutes). My skin is sensitive, and these still work great for me, without causing problems. In the first 5 months I had my nose strips, I used 11 of them. First I used them a week apart, then 2 weeks, then about a month - I know my skin pretty well and don't use unnecessary treatments on it when I know it doesn't need it. I think pore strips for me are way better than trying to squeeze the blackheads out - even with exfoliation and good skin care, I still get them sometimes. Will the strips remove all of the black heads? No, not all - some might not stick to the strips very well, some might rip, some have a shape that makes them difficult to pull out (they have to be squeezed :( ), but in my experience, I have found a technique that works for me: it removes about 90 % of the blackheads.
TIPS FOR USING PORE STRIPS:
You won't get good results if you just stick the pore strip to your nose, so here are some tips:
- do not exfoliate the area you're planning on sticking these too a couple of days beforehand the first time you try these. I would also recommend to not exfoliate a day before because you will take off whatever sticks higher than your skin, and then the strips will not stick to the blackheads very well
- use after a shower or wet a towel with hot water and hold it on your nose - it's much easier to get blackheads out when they have softened a little.
(BTW: pores do NOT open, see here: http://health.howstuffworks.com/skincare/cleansing/myths/pores-in-hotter-water.htm)
Peope that don't have hard blackheads might not need to do this - their blackheads might stick better if they are *not* softened up beforehand
- wet the area where the pore strip goes well, at the same time, keep your hands dry - the pore strip will stick to anything that is wet
- take out the pore strip, rip it in the pre-cut areas, if you want, place it where you want it (takes a little practice) and push down on it pretty hard, massaging over it - this will help the glue reach down into your skin better. You can have a towel near you to dry your fingers on as they might get moist in this process and make the strip stick to them a little. Massage and push down all over the pore strip
- try to not move your face while the pore strip is on, else it will lose contact to some of the skin - smiling and wrinkling your nose with this on is a bad idea
- wait till the pore strip is completely dry and hard before taking it off. Just be patient
- take it off SLOWLY. Recommended method is starting at the sides, going towards the middle, but really, anything works, as long as you do it slowly and steadily
- it is important to wash the area where the pore strip has been - else you might just clog your pores up again
- use a toner after using these - it will clean your pores even a little better and disinfect the area. BTW: your nose will feel strange after using pore strips - it will itch and tingle. I know it feels weird, but try to get over the feeling and don't touch your nose - that will only introduce bacteria again
I think the only problem with this that I see that is realistic is that you might get broken capillaries . You don't want this - it won't go away without laser treatment. Therefore: pull the pore strip off carefully and if it gives you broken capillaries, just stop using these and find yourself a BHA instead, or an enzyme cleanser

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by coylilfox

I used these on and off as a teenager. They're fun to use as you see the little blackheads on the strip afterwards, but I have to agree with the other reviews that say they don't miraculously remove even close to all your blackheads/whiteheads, and you can still see a ton in your nose after. I haven't had breakouts from this product because I always washed the residue off afterwards and followed with toner. I have to agree with other reviewers that it made my pores bigger...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by stephdesouzaxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product, i don't have blackheads but i have whiteheads and they make my dry skin look even drier.
the reviews are true yes they rip your skin out and it feels like a wax but i feel like it removes my dead skin and all the ugly white heads hidden in it.
i cut these up and place them where i need them like my cheeks and I'm in love. it helped my skin so much i swear by this product. of course you can only use it once a week
worth the try!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by jotaku

If you're looking for a product that does a mediocre job at removing blackheads whilst providing you a bonus of with the most beautiful and massive breakouts you'll ever see a few days later, don't think twice about buying this product!

Haha, jokes aside, this is was a really terrible product for my skin. I didn't read any reviews on this product specifically prior to purchasing it, but I had seen Youtubers talking about pore strips and how they work wonders for blackhead removal. So based on that alone, I decided to purchase the Bioré pore strips. I gave this product 2 lippies since it did remove some of my blackheads, but it didn't do anything miraculous. I understand maybe the smaller ones could be harder to remove, but even the larger blackheads on my nose hadn't been removed so that was pretty disappointing.

The worst part of this product was the MASSIVE pimple I got on the tip of my nose.... I ended up walking around looking like Rudolph the red nose reindeer for about a week. A cashier at a cafe asked me about the pimple and I told her I had used the Bioré pore strips. She ended up telling me her husband used the same strips and had the same pimple-y outcome as well. I was glad to know I wasn't alone!

I've since reverted back to my Burt's Bees pore-refining clay mask which does a much better job.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Amazzinvila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product does exactly what it says : Clears your pores from blackheads
BUT what it doesn't mention is that it RIPS AWAY your skin
It makes your PORES LARGER
& over time creates WEIRD PIGMENTATION of skin

I used this product for to long because i thought "Its doing its job" BUT what i didn't notice was that i was treated my skin poorly with this, when you take of the strips you can see the the black heads but you can also see your skin peeling up and from forcing out the dirt from your pores , your actually stretching your pores bigger making you skin more uneven and more likely to breakout. Don't believe me? My own Dermatologist asked me what my skin routine was because my pores were unusually large, i told him i was using this product for about 2 years. At least once or twice a month, he told me to immediately stop because i had broken capillaries around my nose causing redness and swelling. He immediately prescribed me something to treat the trouble.

OVERALL, this might seem like its doing its job but its actually setting you up for future skin problems.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did not remove any blackheads on me. Did remove some white bits from the sebaceous filaments on my nose and chin but i get better results with oil cleansing anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this product after a friend told me about it and claimed it worked well on her. Having a few noticeable blackheads on my nose I was hoping to get rid of them, unfortunately this did nothing for me at all. I carefully followed the instructions but saw no changes in my skin. Big disappointment, I would not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by nilapeela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was fun to try, but it did nothing for my face! All it did was clear some pus but no blackheads! Waste of money!