July 23, 2014 | 1944 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Kiehl's - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This was just an average eye cream. I feel like it hydrated my under eyes for the time that it was being applied but after it sunk in, I didnt see many benefits. for the price, it can hydrate more than that. Felt like regular lotion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese mid 30s, starting to get crepey near inner corners.

The sample packet 1.5ml lasted for over 2 weeks, inclu sometimes applying 2x. Just wasn't wow'd... the "slip" btwn the aqua and the shea was interesting, but the cream seemed to do a disappearing act (aka sink into my skin) in 1-2 hrs.. that I would want to reapply again, b/c the eye area still appeared dry. So meh. FYI in btwn any eye samples / products I'm testing, I resort to the Kiehls Ultra Facial lotion under my eyes which I actually like better than this product.

That said, if you like this product but don't like the jar... go buy the "sample packet lots" off Ebay. Seems like it's cheaper than the $28.50 14ml jar version.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I brought this from all the great reviews and was also recommended to me by Kiehls. I have no major issues around my eyes except occasionally puffy eyes. I say this eye cream is very average. All it does is moisturizing around the eye areas. No anti-aging effect. The texture is somewhere between cream and lotion, not too thick so it was easily applied around the eyes.

Will not purchase again, as for this price tag there are many other eye creams with more benefits such as firming etc.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does what it claims: it moisturizes. BUT, and this is a HUGE BUT: the texture is awful and it doesn't absorb well, at all. If your fingers are slightly wet or even if a drop of water is on your fingers while you try to apply this, you won't be able too. It feels like applying glue to your eyes, it doesn't work. I usually wash my face, apply my toner, apply my eye cream, then moisturizer. If i were using this eye cream, it would take me forever because you have to wait for your face to be completely dry before you put this on, otherwise like I said, it won't spread, it won't absorb.

It does moisturize, but it's a mess. I'm so glad I was given a sample because people talk so well about this that I probably would purchase it in the future without trying. I love Kiehl's products, and I've been using the midnight eye recovery for a while now, and to me, it's much better than this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

Another blah eye cream. I was going to give this one lippie, but then I read other reviews and I changed my mind. This eye cream is very thick, and when I try to apply it, it feels kind of rubbery, it's very hard to spread evenly. Once it's on, it takes a while to dry, depending on how much you use it's easy to end up with a white cast on your skin. It's terrible for morning use because it just won't dry! So try it at night, when it doesn't matter how long it takes.

I expected this to help with my fine lines (from smiling), and it didn't. Then again, the product doesn't claim to help with that (so I added one lippie, because of my high expectations).

It also doesn't help with puffiness. Again, depending on how much you apply, it can even CAUSE puffiness. This happens with most eye creams, but as this one is so difficult to spread, I usually apply too much.

I can't perceive any scent, the color is a light milky green, the pot is annoying (when will companies learn that it's just so much better to put eye treatments in containers with pumps or tubes??).

Finally, it does feel very moisturizing. It's a heavenly feeling, like you're really taking care of your skin. I'm not sure if it's just a feeling or if it's actually working, because I've noticed more fine lines (though they could be from being ill, lack of sleep, bad eating habits... can't really blame this product). So I'm on the fence, and give it 3 stars. I probably won't repurchase. If anything, I want an eye treatment that I can use at night and under makeup too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Pi89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eye cream is good for young adults that want to decrease chances of wrinkles and lines under the eyes. I started using eye cream 2 years ago when I was 22, I had some very fine lines under my eyes and as an inexperienced eye cream owner I started with Clinique all about eyes seriers, which didnt do shit. When it ran out of it I switched to Khiels avocado cream, and I can tell that the intense moisture has decreased my fine lines very well. Some users complain about it for not being an anti-aging cream, well it doesn't claim to be an anti-aging or a wrinkle product, but I hope that everybody knows that as long as you provide with moisture, you prevent wrinkles.
I use this in the morning.

Pros according to me:
+Intense moisture, works well if you dont have too much wrinkles to begin with
+Fine line and wrinkle preventing because of the mouisture
+A great "first" eye cream

Cons according to me:
-The packaging is bad, I hate dipping my fingers so sometimes I use a spatula. But this doesnt work if youre in a hurry
-Can look "glossy" under the eyes if not massaged properly
-Quite expensive, but hey its Khiels

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by fellycia

This eye cream is just not for me. As soon as I started putting this eye cream on as my night-routine, it started to give me that milea under my eyes. I was hoping that this could be my go-to eye cream, but maybe my skin was just to acne prone that this didn't work out very well. Still on a search for the perfect eye cream out there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

I do not like this cream at all.
While it is very moisturising (I have dry skin around my eyes) it makes my eyes look puffy, it stings, it gives me a fatty look under my eyes and it leaves a veil on my eyes. It has Shea butter so I can just use that alone. Cheaper and natural.
Not for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been the only eye cream I have used for a few months now. I use it night and day. It provides great moisture to my eye area and I love the feeling of how it kind of disappears as you pat it on your skin. I would buy this again, but not for awhile. I prefer to have a moisturizing eye cream that ALSO treats my eye area. This product is great for moisture, but if you want some kind of plumper or wrinkle treatment -- keep searching.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unlike some reviewers here...no matter how long I tap this onto my skin or no matter how little product I use, the cream doesn't dry matte on my skin. I don't think it absorbs as well into my skin. In fact, if I accidentally use too much the cream turns my under eyes green...which is quite unattractive. This cream can only be used during the night.
However, it doesn't really help with the crease under my eyes. So it's not a cream for people who wants treatment for their wrinkles.

The one redeeming part about this cream is that it is quite moisturizing. I didn't really appreciate it when I lived in a humid area but once I moved to a desert-y area I found that this does significantly moisturize any dryness I may have under the eyes.

However, I will most likely will not repurchase...I want to find something that can moisturize and treat wrinkles.