November 24, 2014 | 1605 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Old Skool Eye Shadow Quad

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2002 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ghostface

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I usually shy away from bold eyeshadows,but i really wanted to try a glittery shadow.This is perfect for me,the colors are almost all neutral and they are shimmery and contain glitter.Great way to add shine without adding lots of color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2002 2:15:00 PM More reviews by muakitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The Sephora MA recommended this quad to me because she said the colors would perfectly complement my blue eyes. I had always considered Hard Candy to be for teenagers, but I gave it a try. Well, I love it! The colors are unique and pretty, and the quality of both the e/s and the packaging is outstanding. I plan to check out more of the HC Quads; they're a great deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2002 10:24:00 AM More reviews by princesleia23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

YES! My favorite eye shadow of all time. I've had this since 7th grade, used it almost every day since, and there is still TONS remaining. It's the perfect combination, neutral colors but still very fun. Crush is a matte vanilla which is great as a base, Phony is a very shimmery orangey gold which looks awesome layered over Freak, Blunt is the perfect matte light brown, and Freak is matte chocolate brown with small gold glitter. This, I think, is the most useful color - you can use it as a liner during the day, and it just comes on brown, but at night you can wet the brush and the gold glitter shows up. Also, it looks awesome in the crease with Phony layered over it. I've come up with so many awesome color combinations, and I love this! Everyone should have one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2002 6:26:00 PM More reviews by beckyloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As the others, I love this product! I use the dark brown "Freak" color as an eyeliner every day. It has gold glitter in it, but it doesn't show too much when used as an eyeliner. The problem I had with the packaging was that the compact didn't "click" shut properly, and that was two years ago... I'm STILL waiting for Nordstrom's (just kidding) to get another one in so I can use it on the go rather than just at home.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2002 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Shawnah

This is something I grab all the time to use. The colors look great on very neutral and last forever and a day. I love the metal case and just great to carry along with me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2002 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Mickie176

This is my first HC cosmetics purchase (outside of nailpolish), and it definitely won't be my last! I love this quad. It puts a modern spin on basic neutral shades, and looks beautiful on my hazel eyes. Crush, the cream shade is my favorite in the quad. It is the first cream-colored e/s that I have found that doesn't fade out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2002 5:37:00 PM More reviews by leysa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first Hard Candy eye quad. 11 other quads later, this is still the one I use the most. The colors are just so nice and wearable. Blunt (the perfect matte caramel shade) wears SO nice - I used to wear it during 10 hour retail shifts, and it never moved. If that's not an endorsement, I don't know what is. :P Seriously though, these are great colors, and they all wear nicely, although Freak (dark brown with gold glitter) is best used as eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2001 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Anne

Awesome shadows with great pigmentation. This is a real staple, something always wearable and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2001 7:04:00 AM More reviews by msjene

The best! The colors are heavily pigmented (cream, taupe, bronze frost and deep brown), the formula applies smoothly and last all day. I use the dark brown to line and do my brows. A rare combination where all the colors get used.