October 24, 2014 | 1383 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by NikNika52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because my hair looked and felt brittle. I have relaxed aa hair. It is thick and dries out really easy. This product will now and forever be a part of my hair regimen!! It put everything back in my hair that heat damage had taken away from it. I followed it with the Moisture recovery conditioner( important! never forget to follow with a moisture conditioner after a protein treatment) and my hair looks the best it has in a long time. It looks thick and healthy.
PS: If you can't bite the bullet on the price then try visiting ULTA where they have the travel sizes for like $4. A travel size can last at least 2 or 3 applications.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lovetoshop31

This product is AMAZING! I read several reviews and in the winter months have trouble with breakage and split ends.. bought this recently and after only one/two uses notice a HUGE difference in my split ends and breakage. Breakage almost never happens anymore (and I straighten my hair daily - GHD), and my hair doesn't feel nearly as dry as it did, it's locking the moisture in without making my hair oily either.. love this product and will continue to purchase it again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Heath32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, this stuff is great. I don't color my hair, or blow-dry it, and I've been trying not to straighten it too much, but since it's very fine in texture, and fair, it gets damaged very easily, and it's very obvious when I have split ends/frizz, etc. Also, blondes have naturally drier hair. I've always coveted those girls who have smooth, Disney princess hair, and after using this, I think it's achievable! I used it in the shower at night, after shampooing, and I felt like it didn't do anything, but the next morning my hair was so smooth! (even after sleeping on it damp) My layers all fell nicely instead of sticking out everywhere, and my ends looked as nice as if I had just gotten a trim. I didn't even use it with conditioner, so I can't imagine how soft my hair would be if I had. I definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by rburney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my reconstructor of choice. Prefer this to Aphogee for results, ease of use, and smell. I usually use with the Chelating (now clarifying) shampoo and cuticle sealer. I skip the Hydrator and instead use Design Essentials Express Instant Moisturizing Conditioner. Type 4 hair that I straighten a few times a month. YMMV.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by chough

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product like others have said is NOT A CONDITIONER. that being said, with conditioner applied afterward, my first use has left my hair shiny and strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by ccheellsseeaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After SERIOUSLY damaging my hair by bleaching it WAY too much this is the only protein reconstructor that worked for me, I love this stuff. I tried Nexxus, Sebastian, Fekkai, every drugstore brand and even coconut oil and olive oil... This is the only product that worked for me. My hair isnt gummy or frizzy and coarse anymore. I left it in for about 10 min and then left in Aussie 3 Minute Miracle for about 15. I'm going to get the entire line of Joico K-Pak products this weekend because if just the reconstructor can turn my hair around like it has, I can only imagine what using the entire line will do.

I see that it can be kinda pricy, but check TJ Maxx or Marshalls first... I got mine for $10 and it isWELL worth it. I would honestly pay anything because I know this product works.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by nyousha1376

If I had to choose 1 must have hair product this would be it, I absolutely adore this treatment! I've used 2 bottles of it so far and I use it once a week, I have very long brunette hair that I blow dry a lot. I also occasionally use straighteners and curling irons. My hair isn't that damaged but it still needed some repairing so I tried this product, after the first use I totally fell in love with it, I really love the smell but it goes away after rinsing it off...
I usually leave this on my hair for 10 minutes after shampooing my hair, and after washing it off I use my conditioner. after that Im left with super soft hair and after my hair is dry it so silky and smooth that I literally can't stop touching it!
I really like the fact that its not tested on animals and the bottled are made of recycled plastic, it just really shows that Joico cares about environment which is great.
one other amazing thing about joico deep penetrating reconstructor is that the proteins in it are the same type thats in your hair, not silk protein. This is a much much better alternative than silk protein because the result will be way more beautiful and it will last.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by KFoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

*Positive Reveiw*
I have used the JOICO K-PACK DEEP RESCONSTRUCTOR twice now. I use this product once a week.

I shower, use my shampoo then apply this product starting at the ends of my hair and working upwards. I leave it in my hair for 5 minutes then wash out, and proceed with my conditioner.

Smell: Banana cream pie, goes away shortly after my shower.
Package: You NEED to shake this product before use because it does sepereate! I do not like the cap, Iv had couple times were too much product comes out.
Price: $20.00 CAD - Walmart, Superstore, London Drugs, ect
Texture: It comes out in a thick bumpy yellow texture, but as soon as you apply to your hair it acts like it 'disapears', so be careful when applying it.

Results: Immediatly after washing this product out my hair is silky soft in the shower, even after applying my conditioner it still feels very soft. I continue with my hair products and when I am finished (after blowdrying, ect) my hair is definitaly shinier and softer. Onto the next day my hair isn't as soft.
REPAIR Results: I have only been using this for a short period of time. I will update when I give it more time, but I beleive it will do well in time repairing my hair!

-KFoxx

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I love this stuff. it smells like banana cream pie. weird though, after a few weeks it started to get really runny? im not sure if its because it was old or bad, i'll repurchase with caution
My hair wasnt as damaged as some who say...went from black to blonde but i did flat iron daily,(i'm male and wear my hair straight most days) so i figured i need some kind of repair.
When my hair was brown, i used this once a week, i would clarify with redken cleansing cream, then towel dry my hair till about 60% dry or at least the excess water squeezed out of my hair. then i'd apply this and leave it for 5 minutes, and then follow with a deep mask. one day i decided to leave it longer, and use a hair dryer to get more protein, i guess my hair didnt like that because i was left with coton candy puff hair. so i learned my lesson. But now my hair is a lighter shade of brown, with many blonde highlights, although i love it, my hair does feel a little damaged, so my hair loves the additional protein and can take it. i notice that the product separates a little if you let it stand for too long, a little shake of the tube can help remedy this. i follow now, with joico intense hydrator left in for about 2 hours and a shower cap. my hair is left silky and healthy feeling. The reconstructor is a must for anyone who is planning to damage their hair be it color, bleach, or heat.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by SnowWhiteGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This treatment really helped to repair my hair, my hair was breaking all the time after destroying it with bleach. I used this with the moisture treatment and reconstructor sprayfrom the same range. After a few months my hair never breaks anymore and isn't frizzy. I took off one lippy because I really don't like the texture, and when I apply it to my hair it kinda feels like it disappears. I recommend using a little conditioner after as there is no slick left to detangle. Overall a good treatment that I will repurchase if I ruin my hair again.