July 29, 2014 | 1881 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - k-pak deep penetrating reconstructor

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by chough

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product like others have said is NOT A CONDITIONER. that being said, with conditioner applied afterward, my first use has left my hair shiny and strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by ccheellsseeaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After SERIOUSLY damaging my hair by bleaching it WAY too much this is the only protein reconstructor that worked for me, I love this stuff. I tried Nexxus, Sebastian, Fekkai, every drugstore brand and even coconut oil and olive oil... This is the only product that worked for me. My hair isnt gummy or frizzy and coarse anymore. I left it in for about 10 min and then left in Aussie 3 Minute Miracle for about 15. I'm going to get the entire line of Joico K-Pak products this weekend because if just the reconstructor can turn my hair around like it has, I can only imagine what using the entire line will do.

I see that it can be kinda pricy, but check TJ Maxx or Marshalls first... I got mine for $10 and it isWELL worth it. I would honestly pay anything because I know this product works.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by nyousha1376

If I had to choose 1 must have hair product this would be it, I absolutely adore this treatment! I've used 2 bottles of it so far and I use it once a week, I have very long brunette hair that I blow dry a lot. I also occasionally use straighteners and curling irons. My hair isn't that damaged but it still needed some repairing so I tried this product, after the first use I totally fell in love with it, I really love the smell but it goes away after rinsing it off...
I usually leave this on my hair for 10 minutes after shampooing my hair, and after washing it off I use my conditioner. after that Im left with super soft hair and after my hair is dry it so silky and smooth that I literally can't stop touching it!
I really like the fact that its not tested on animals and the bottled are made of recycled plastic, it just really shows that Joico cares about environment which is great.
one other amazing thing about joico deep penetrating reconstructor is that the proteins in it are the same type thats in your hair, not silk protein. This is a much much better alternative than silk protein because the result will be way more beautiful and it will last.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by KFoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

*Positive Reveiw*
I have used the JOICO K-PACK DEEP RESCONSTRUCTOR twice now. I use this product once a week.

I shower, use my shampoo then apply this product starting at the ends of my hair and working upwards. I leave it in my hair for 5 minutes then wash out, and proceed with my conditioner.

Smell: Banana cream pie, goes away shortly after my shower.
Package: You NEED to shake this product before use because it does sepereate! I do not like the cap, Iv had couple times were too much product comes out.
Price: $20.00 CAD - Walmart, Superstore, London Drugs, ect
Texture: It comes out in a thick bumpy yellow texture, but as soon as you apply to your hair it acts like it 'disapears', so be careful when applying it.

Results: Immediatly after washing this product out my hair is silky soft in the shower, even after applying my conditioner it still feels very soft. I continue with my hair products and when I am finished (after blowdrying, ect) my hair is definitaly shinier and softer. Onto the next day my hair isn't as soft.
REPAIR Results: I have only been using this for a short period of time. I will update when I give it more time, but I beleive it will do well in time repairing my hair!

-KFoxx

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I love this stuff. it smells like banana cream pie. weird though, after a few weeks it started to get really runny? im not sure if its because it was old or bad, i'll repurchase with caution
My hair wasnt as damaged as some who say...went from black to blonde but i did flat iron daily,(i'm male and wear my hair straight most days) so i figured i need some kind of repair.
When my hair was brown, i used this once a week, i would clarify with redken cleansing cream, then towel dry my hair till about 60% dry or at least the excess water squeezed out of my hair. then i'd apply this and leave it for 5 minutes, and then follow with a deep mask. one day i decided to leave it longer, and use a hair dryer to get more protein, i guess my hair didnt like that because i was left with coton candy puff hair. so i learned my lesson. But now my hair is a lighter shade of brown, with many blonde highlights, although i love it, my hair does feel a little damaged, so my hair loves the additional protein and can take it. i notice that the product separates a little if you let it stand for too long, a little shake of the tube can help remedy this. i follow now, with joico intense hydrator left in for about 2 hours and a shower cap. my hair is left silky and healthy feeling. The reconstructor is a must for anyone who is planning to damage their hair be it color, bleach, or heat.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by SnowWhiteGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This treatment really helped to repair my hair, my hair was breaking all the time after destroying it with bleach. I used this with the moisture treatment and reconstructor sprayfrom the same range. After a few months my hair never breaks anymore and isn't frizzy. I took off one lippy because I really don't like the texture, and when I apply it to my hair it kinda feels like it disappears. I recommend using a little conditioner after as there is no slick left to detangle. Overall a good treatment that I will repurchase if I ruin my hair again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this as free gift from the Ulta Rewards program. Iím glad that I got this for free since it did nothing for my hair. I will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by xac83

i still use this sometimes it was my miricale worker for my black to blonde hair over the years but the shakeing up the product leaving it in rinsing it out ..... wasteign so much time then putting in the moisturizing hydrator treatment wait another 7 10 15 or 20 min .... its alot of work maintaining healthy hair, esspecially when you bleach. this does work miricales tho :) IF USED CORRECTLY SHAKE UP THE PRODUCT because it separates in the bottle. the Joico Kpak Revitaluxe has replaced this for me tho ... revitaluxe is bassically the kpak reconstructor combined with the intense hydrator to make a one stop shop treatment in one tube (: much easier/timing saving thansk joico!! you continue to save my hairs life everyday

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by StilettoQueen7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After months and months of not really taking care of my hair, this stuff used along with the Intense Hydrator returned my hair to almost as good as new (considering I have color treated hair, that's pretty freaking awesome) - soft, silky, and fine. After I've shampoo my hair, I get out of the shower, press my hair with a towel until it's just damp, not soaked, then put this stuff in. Get back in the shower, shave my legs or do something else that takes five minutes, then rinse out. Then I repeat the same process, except I put in the Intense Hydrator, put a mask on my face, then hang out in my room like that for the next hour while I read or something bahahaha. Then rinse out again in the shower, and I put in a nice moisturizing conditioner. It's a bit of a process, but so so worth it, and I really don't care since I love treating myself to this. Plus I only need to do it once a month, and use the Hydrator about every two weeks. Will definitely repurchase, it's something I will always keep around for general upkeep of my ever changing hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

From coloring my hair for many years, the result of my hair is very processed and dry. On top of being overally processed, I have extremely thick hair that is coarse and long. K Pak deep penetrating reconstructor is a heavy weight thick cream conditioning treatment. I love the scent of this product. It's slightly herbal & fruity but not overpowering. For years, I have struggled to find a product that tames my dry frizzy mop. Some products offer decent results but not the best and I would have to add some type of silk serum, soothing creme ect to better tame the frizz. I have always heard that Joico K Pak was a good line and decided to splurge on this ($20). I am impressed. I have no styling cremes, serums ect in my hair and my air dried wavy hair is about about 90% frizz free just by using this product. My hair is soft and shiny as well. Also, my naturally loose waves turned out more defined and manageable. My hair is very unruly so can say that I do appreciate the results I got from this.