Kiss My Face Honey & Calendula Moisturizer

3.5

Not tested on animals

Water, Stearic Acid, Coconut Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Grape Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Squalane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Honey, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Yarrow Extract, Orange Flower Extract, Lavender Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Fennel Fruit Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Tromethamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Linalool (from essential oil)

on 7/3/2006 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I loved the scent of this moisturizer when I put it on and for several hours afterward. Then, after about 6 hours, the scent transformed itself into a nasty one. I had to go shower it off. I don't think it's the lotion itself, just it's interaction with my chemistry. Make work for others.

on 6/20/2006 5:59:00 PM

I really love how this lotion feels on my skin. It is very thick, and always leaves my skin feeling soft and soothed. I love to use it especially on my hands and feet. My husband doesn't care for the smell, but I like it, since I tend to like most sweet food smells. (It smells like honey comb to me.) I only gave it 4 lipsticks since I like the scent, but don't love it so much that I would sit there smelling it. I know KMF has other scents of lotion, but I don't think any of them are as thick as this one.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this moisturizer; it's a lifesaver especially during those cold winters when my skin gets really dry. I know this is marketed more as a body moisturizer, but I actually find it works really well on my face. My entire family has been using this for a few years now. This, along with Olay's Creme for sensitive skin are the best moisturizers I've ever tried. I'm surprised at the low rating this moisturizer has been awarded. It does have a slightly waxy texture, but if you make sure not to apply too much, it melts quickly into your skin and leaves it hydrated and smooth. I even noticed that it evened out my skintone a bit with continued use. My skin can also be a little sensitive, and waxing is usually murder on my skin, but this calms down all the stinging, redness, and rough patches in a just a few minutes. My sister has combination skin (really oily t-zone and dry cheeks), and she uses a little of this to get rid of the rough patches left behind as a result of all the cleansers she uses. This is definately a great buy and the price is perfect.

on 5/24/2006 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think this lotion is OK> I'm not used to lotions without paraben, so the fact that you really need to rub this in, takes some getting used to. This smells purely of honey to me. The scent is light, I just don't get any floral from it, only honey. The formula is moisturizing but I'm not sure if it's enough for "very dry, chapped skin" as the package indicates. For very dry skin I'd stick with eucerin or nivea creme. I wouldn't buy this particular scent again but I do plan on trying another one of the kiss my face lotions. the smell is just too sweet for me, I can smell it all day to the point of distraction!

on 5/16/2006 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Best lotion EVER. my total HG. also, my DH loves it too!!! i love the ingredients---they are soooo good for my skin. It's not greasy at all, in fact--my skin just soaks it right up and is left feeling soft!!!!! PERFECT IN EVERY WAY. My husband stole my bottle, so now i have to buy one just for me.

on 4/26/2006 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I use this moisturizer on my legs and on my hands. It makes my skin very soft with a sweet scent that I find pleasing. It can be a bit greasy if you use too much. I don't have that problem very often though. I like this.

on 4/2/2006 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Feels like lots of glycerin. Coated the skin as a natural barrier only, did not seem to really absorb or moisturize truly. Also an unpleasant artificially cloying scent.

on 3/18/2006 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very waxy and sticky on the skin. Doesn't absorb very well at all. I MUCH prefer Alba Botanica body lotions.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my holy grail, fallback favorite - my trusty standby when all else fails and I'm in need of comfort. And moisture. I liked my first bottle so much that I purchased this from Kiss My Face's website in the gallon size last winter and I'm about halfway through with it. It is truly wonderful. Where do I begin? The texture of H&C lies between that of a body butter and a lotion - sort of a thick whipped cream that sinks into the skin upon contact and leaves a non-greasy but satin-like feel behind. H&C smells of beeswax honey against a backdrop of sunbaked wheat - it stays close to the skin and makes me feel as though I've been reading in that sunny wheat field all day, bees buzzing by occasionally, honey blossom breezing by in passing winds. Very cozy. Perfect in every way - exactly what I look for in a moisturizer. This is food for the skin.

on 3/13/2006 7:35:00 AM

I thought this was pretty nice. I used it in the summer and it didn't make me feel greasy or anything. It probably wouldn't be emollient enough for me to use in the winter.

Top Rated Kiss My Face Products