August 23, 2014 | 1127 users online

Body Scrubs - Clinique - Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating *Cream*

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by politicalpundit

So I haven't been feeling well for a couple of days and I decided to treat myself today and just pamper myself. I'm a big bath and body product fanatic and I had this lying around in the washroom, I have actually only previously used this as a scrub for my feet and have enjoyed it. So first I used a body wash in the shower and then I used this. First off, holy moly the smell is so strong in the shower, it smelt really minty and medicinal. I had to open the shower curtains at one point to let the smell out. While I was using it I wasn't really wowed, it was really creamy and did not feel as though anything was happening. I kept thinking this felt like drugstore body polishes, ex the healing garden ones. Anyways I used the scrub all over my body and then used a bit more on my elbows, feet and knees. When I got out of the shower I noticed that my skin was smoother but was still thinking I can probably get similar results from a cheaper scrub or a homemade one! I then proceeded to rub body butter (tbs papaya) on my body, thats when I noticed the wonders of this scub. I noticed my arms was all luminous and glowy when I was about to put the cream on, I actually thought I was seeing things. Then I looked all over my body and I actually saw "sparkle skin". It really did give the glow, that you see on magazines. Using the body butter actually enhanced the luminosity of my skin. This would be perfect for using it before a special day when you are going to be showing some skin. I would give this 5 stars except for the fact that it smells pretty strong, I'm definitely going to be using this 2-3x a week now regardless. If I start to adjust to the smell I will update and push it up to 5.
NOTE THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE PRODUCT IN THE TUBE NOT THE TUB!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2007 1:05:00 AM More reviews by katalin

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Particles are small. Leaves skin smooth. Love the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2007 8:43:00 PM More reviews by donedid

I wouldn't buy this again only because I have so much to last me sooo long! I feel so fresh and 'minty' after I take a shower. I wouldn't use this everyday because it may become irritating. I'd use it about twice a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2007 7:47:00 PM More reviews by HaloCom

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a relatively gentle manual exfoliant, but still effective. I use it mostly on my face, but it was a good pre-self tanning scrub as well. I've had no problems using it on my face and think it's comparable to my former favorite, Clinique's Exfoliating Scrub. Both have the menthol tingle (which I love) and compared to the Exfoliating Scrub, the Sparkle Skin body exfoliator is a much better value. I also think it has finer scrub particles and feels less harsh than the one actually intended for the face. The only downside is the wide-mouth jar -- it can collect a lot of water if I'm not careful and the screw-on lid is kind of a hassle to deal with when I'm in a rush.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Flitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall I really like this scrub. It is nice to use, and it delivers what it promises. It exfoliates well without being too harsh the skin.

The downside to me is I HATE the smell. Yuck. I realize Clinique does not like to use heavily scented products, but the smell is kind of a turn off for me. There are other scrubs out there that I like using a bit more.

If you are just looking for a basic body exfoliator though, this is a nice choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2007 10:37:00 AM More reviews by itsmeashleee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! I think it's a little expensive for something you rinse off in the shower ($18.50) although I would use it everyday it's great stuff. I love the smell it's so refreshing. I recieved a trial size in a swap and will definetly have to buy a full size one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2006 1:16:00 AM More reviews by anjalisharma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i love this coz it wakes me up n cleans well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2006 8:58:00 AM More reviews by soulsista007

I love it! It's soft and it works! The texture is fluffy and light, it feels a bit like whipped cream, haha. The grains are just the perfect size not to hurt the skin, but they still exfoliate greatly. Clinique stuff is always good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 6:42:00 PM More reviews by angels2919

I love this stuff! I like it because it really does what it says, and it isnt too coarse and isnt too scratchy. I like the creaminess of it too! Very good product! I use it before washing so I make doubly sure I rinse it off well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2006 10:15:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Aahhh, my perfect body scrub. It's thick, dense, NOT oily, and exfoliates w/o making my skin feels like it's being scraped off w/ rough shells. It's a tad on the pricy side at $18.50, but a little goes a long way for me. I like the aqua blue color and the tingly sensation it gives--though I would highly suggest finding another product for the wintertime. It's not like it's super cooling, but there were a couple of minutes right after I rinsed the stuff off when I was definitely chilly. The smell is a bit medicinal, but a welcome change for my foody scent hating nose. Clinique is one of my favorite brands (surprisingly) and this product is one of the reasons why. I highly recommend this if you're looking for something that isn't an oil-based scrub.