MAC Fix+

4.1

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, panthenol, arginine, ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, fragrance, disodium Edta, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried out several sprays before my wedding and found this to be my least favorite, no matter how I applied it. All of my foundations separated when I used this, and it didn't have the holding power of UD De-slick or even NYX Matte Finish.

on 1/15/2015 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This stuff is amazing. I used to think it was overrated, but once you figure out to make it work for you, it's definitely worth the hype. I don't think it's meant to "lock in" your makeup. I have dry skin, so foundations rarely slip off of my face. What it does do, though, is make your foundation look like skin. I've seen other girls on youtube spray their brushes first, and that didn't really do anything for me. I use Revlon Colorstay; super thick and sometimes can even come off looking like a mask. After watching one recommendation about spraying your actual foundation with it-before applying- I tried it. BEST idea ever. It sheers it out perfectly! It doesn't take away from the coverage or the wear, but it does make your foundation melt into your skin, and give you a non-obnoxious, healthy glow. I spray it before foundation, onto the foundation, and then after I've finished my makeup, and it just works. I've used ELF mist and set before, since it's a supposed dupe, and it did just as much good as spraying water directly onto wet makeup. Lol. Fix + is IT.

on 1/12/2015 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a great finishing spray and I also use it with my eye shadows to make them stand out. I spray this all over my face after I've finished my makeup (before my mascara) and it just leaves a nice finish to my skin. I also spray it directly onto my eyeshadow brush before picking up the shadow and press it onto my eye for a truer colour of shadow.

on 1/8/2015 4:53:00 PM

Was previously using aritaum's baby face mist for around comparable pricing. This however is way better, bc it actually gives me a more skin like finish and actually adds dewiness (to my already dewy dr jart gold label bb cream, though. So I can't speak for matter finishes.) I appreciate the cucumber and chamomile extracts, as well. That's never a bad thing. Also love how I can save $$ w travel size. If you're skeptical like me, just ask to spray it on your face at the store like I did today (instant dewier dewiness) and immediately knew it was HG. Mac is crack.

**After a couple days it did break me out in the t-zone... So minus two lippies and will now use it for eyeshadow purposes only.

on 1/7/2015 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a 5 star product in a 2 star bottle. I use this as a primer and setting spray, which makes my foundation last much longer, but the spray pump isn't a fine mist, it sprays big, wet drops which need patting into the face or makeup. Love the effect, hate the application.

on 1/1/2015 1:27:00 PM

I have about four bottles of this at all times. HG status for me. Helps to set and blend my makeup together. After I apply all my face products (foundation, bronzer, blush, powder, finishing powder) I spray a mist of Fix+ over my face. I love the smell as well. No cakey look here and helps my makeup last all day, even through 8+ hour bartending shifts in a slammed, smokey bar.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This product has been in my makeup box for a number of years now. I don't use it all the time just to set my makeup for a long day or night out. I'm not fully convinced this product really does anything but smell nice and make you feel more refreshed. It's not my fave product but like to keep it handy. The travel size ones are perfect for the amount of time I use it.

on 12/19/2014 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really good setting spray. It keeps my make up in place and last all day. Without making my make up go all over the place. It's a bit pricey but I do use a little more than were suppose too.

on 12/15/2014 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is something I wasn't sure about for months on end, I loved it for a week, forgot about it the next. UNTIL I started using a full coverage foundation, the foundation looked on the cakey side even with my oily skin and no number of primers/moisturizers I used it still felt soo cakey.

So here's my trick, I spray it all over my buffing brush before I go in to blend all my foundation out on my skin and it just makes my foundation feel so sheer but still keeps it's amazing coverage (Kat Von D-Lock It Tattoo Foundation) then I go in with powders and what not and give my face a nice spritz at the end to just help everything on my face melt together and into my skin, it gives it such a glowy look without look "oily".

It also is so amazing for pigments or just to make your eyeshadow 'pop'. And these are only some uses, I could write a book on what you could use this stuff for.

I picked mine up for $26.00 Canadian (SUCH A GOOD DEAL) and you get 100mL, that's a TON of product. Also the smell is so nice and calming, almost a floral smell but not over powering or to noticeable. Will keep buying bottles and bottles of this stuff.

on 12/10/2014 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is the last step in my makeup routine. Spray it all over the face and then let it dry. It makes my makeup appear less cakey or powdery. Not sure about 'dewy" but it definitely gives a more natural finish.

UPDATE: My foundation separates and becomes blotchy if i were to spray this without applying any powder 1st. Also, didn't make my makeup any long-lasting. Won't be buying again

Popular Face Skincare Products