MAC Fix+

4.1

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, panthenol, arginine, ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, fragrance, disodium Edta, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid.

on 11/16/2014 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this products for so many reasons.

Ofcourse, as a face spray I love this for spraying on my face after I've done my makeup. It takes away the powdery makeup face look which is the main reason I love this product. It gives a very nice glow to my face. I have also tried UD the allnighter but I'm not really impressed with the way it leaves my face looking. Mac fix + does.It can be a little too much of a glow if you spray too much of it on though.

I feel like my makeup sits more perfectly though I don't think it will add more hours to the life of your makeup because my face gets a little greasier if I wear this. How I also like to use this I spray some on my beautyblender and press it onto my foundation to giveme a glow.

I also use this if I want to apply my eyeshadow wet. I just pack on some of the color with my brush and than spritz 1 spray of this on it. I like this more than using water in fact because this consistency is a little bit thicker. You can also use this to makeup colored eyeshadows but I've never tried that so I wouldnt know.

I've had a problem with the packaging though, my second bottle kept leaking if I traveled with it. I let it sit in my makeupbag for too long before I noticed it was leaking and like half of the bottle was empty.

Lastly, I just LOVE the smell!! I have bought again and will buy again definitely

on 11/14/2014 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

To spray this on powder foundation like Studio Fix gives such a nice result! However I find the mist is not really fine and I have to spray several timesso to get moisture all over the face. and sometimes I get the face a bit to moist.. :
I tried to use Avène mineral water instead and because the mist is so light I prefered that one. The feeling is not so refreshing but to achieve the same makeup result I prefer Avène.

on 11/8/2014 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Huh? What does this stuff actually do anyway? It doesn't make my makeup last any longer - matter of fact I feel like when using this my foundation fades quicker and that it "muddy's up" any contour and bronzer. I guess it does fix an over-powdered face by way of making it look less powdery. HOWEVER, so does my Caudalie Grape Water Spray, La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water Spray, and Evian Mineral water spray, AND all 3 are cheaper than Mac Fix+. AND they don't leave my face sticky in the way Fix+ does.

OK so reading the ingredients of Mac Fix + there does appear to be some pretty good stuff here.. Yet its a waste because none of it will penetrate my foundation. Wow, this stuff honestly is kind of a joke. Unfortunately though that joke is on me, or rather, my wallet.

I dunno. I really do feel like this is way overhyped. Honestly the only thing I like about this product is the sprayer nozzle - it gives a finer mist than my other water sprays mentioned above. So basically I just paid 22 bucks for a spray bottle that I am going to end up using with plain water in it LOL.

Don't fall for the hype people! And if you must just get a travel size first which I believe is $10.

In theory this product should set your makeup so it lasts longer. This was the purpose for which I purchased it. After multiple tries, I haven't noticed any prolongation of the makeup hold considering I have combination skin. However, I am not dissapointed, as I found other benefits I get from using this product:
1.When you want to give a more natural finish to your face: I just spray it on after applying the foundation and setting powder and I really like the result
2. Instant refreshing during hot summer days
These and the fact that it lasts you a really long time, makes me give it 4 stars.

on 9/14/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I actually quite like this. It can be used before you apply your foundation & after as well. If you tend to overpowder in bad lighting, this is your new lover. It gets rid of that powdery look instantly. However, I use MAC face and body foundation and never have an issue with looking too powdery. I use this to make my foundation mixed with blush look glowy since "pinch me" by Mac is matte. It just makes you look fresh and beautiful with glowy skin. I get so many compliments wearing this. People are always telling me I look fresh faced. Mac f&b is super long lasting on me, and this spray does not make it slip or slide off my face at all. I don't really know if it sets it but I just took my makeup off and it's been 15 hours since I applied my makeup and it still looked really good. So maybe it does set it after all but I don't use it for that.

on 9/13/2014 5:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have purchased this product for the fourth time in 4 years. I don't use it everyday.
I like the smell of it, although it's a little bit synthetic-ish but I think it's nice.
I really like the packaging and it's very travel friendly. I do notice that it reduces the powdery look on my face after applying it on top of my foundation/powder and it even gives a soft glow to my skin. But you have to be careful because, at least in my own personal experience, if you apply extra product it can feel a little sticky... tacky on your face and that is not really pleasant at all. A little goes a long way. I wonder how would it work if you put it in the fridge, probably super refreshing. I have to try that.

I think this product is alright. Nothing amazing, but something good. It makes a little difference. It does NOT help to prolong the staying power of your makeup, as some people think.
It's a refreshing water and subtle skin glow in a bottle. I have to add that the mist that comes out of it, it's quite fine and that is something that I love about it. Not big droplets

Do I recommend it? Yes.

on 9/13/2014 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! I don't wear foundation or my BB creme 24/7 but I do my brows the most and when I saw those baby stay in place! It gives your makeup and overall nice finish period!

on 9/11/2014 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This just made my skin look fake and I would rather look a little powdery than like a manequin. I do like it for spraying on brushes though just because it lets out such a light mist.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I purchased this to set/refresh my makeup and it does the job well. Adds a nice glow to my foundation without grease. Only reason for 4 stars is that I would like the spray to be finer, like a mist. It dries quickly and the end effect is great and feels refreshing. Will continue to purchase unless my skin reacts badly to it over time. Great for mature skin, as us "mature" women know every little bit helps :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm not really sure how I feel about this product.
When I bought this the lady at the counter told me that it was created to fix my makeup - obviously - and to me shine-free yet not completely matte but kinda healthy and glowy.
Let me start by saying: This stuff won't you shine free.
So why do I still think that this is a good product? Here's why:
Even though I don't think it does what it says it does, it is amazing - I mean AMAZING - when you've overpowdered. It really takes away that cakey mask and brings back the illusion of skin without taking away too much coverage. This is why i still love this.
If you're oily like me I wouldn't recommand spraying this directely onto your face, if you have combo skin you can get away by spray it onto your non-oily areas. However if I want to apply in my oily areas I just spray it on my beauty bleander and dab over my face with this or spray this on a powder brush and slighty brush over my face. That way i can keep the coverage I've just created without looking too cakey.
So all in all:
Bad for keeping you shine free
Perfect for bringing back the illusion of skin to an overpowdered face.

Popular Face Skincare Products