Almond Oil

4.7

pure almond oil

on 4/14/2010 3:29:00 AM

Used it as a moisturiser on my hands and nails - works great and has a really subtle, light feel to it. Didn't notice any smell at all.

Also used it as a hair treatment for 30 minutes before shampooing out. My hair was so ridiculously soft afterwards - I'm definitely using this stuff again. And at a fraction of the cost of the high end products like Kerastase, it also works a heck of a lot better too! go figure. Will use again each week and update if anything changes my mind :)

on 3/19/2010 5:11:00 PM

I started out by adding this to any body moisturizer i was using, and it's very effective!
Recently, my skin went through a horribly dry phase, where make-up was a nightmare to apply, and i looked sickly. After reading some of your positive feedback about almond oil on the face, i decide to try it. The morning i woke after using it for the first time, my skin was dry like paper. The second day i used it morning and night, and my skin felt less tight. Today is the third day, and my skin actually feels and looks normal again! So far this hasn't broken me out, and i haven't been using my benzyl peroxide repairing lotion. I'm really surprised!!

I will update.

UPDATE: I have used this as a moisturizer after a week of jojoba oil, and i must say that with almond oil my skin never breaks out, however it isn't as moisturizing as jojoba in my opinion. What I do like is that my makeup looks less oily, and more dewy than with jojoba oil.
I also use this under my eyes and my under eye darkness has noticeably diminished!
Great stuff!

on 1/15/2010 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use the Now Brand of almond oil and I love it. My skin is so clear that it glows. I use this oil to wash my face at night. I massage oil into my face then rinse it off with warm water. I dont use any soap. The next morning my skin is super soft and clear. I saw results within 3 days upon first use.

This oil has no scent.

on 11/24/2009 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am 25 and I have been using almond oil since I was 15 to remove my makeup and I love it, it conditions my lashes so well. I also use it on my dry spots in face works great

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Alright, so I've only applied this once since I bought it, but I am absolutely ECSTATIC about the result. I live in the north of Europe and have dry/sensitive prone skin which is a terrible combination during the winter. So for weeks I've been trying to find a really good moisturizer that doesn't irritate my skin but keeps it moist during the whole day and protects it from cold, hard winds - which has turned out to be a true nightmare. So after rashes, break-outs and so on, I read about almond oil and its benefits. So I went to the local pharmacist and picked it up for approx. 5 American dollars. Dirt cheap! I was surprised.

I came home and cleansed my skin, put this on and BAM! I could almomst see how my skin became clearer and looked more radiant. Been wearing it home all day and will see how it looks as I try it for a second time. Another good thing is that you don't need much - it goes a long way, it seems like. Just be careful when you poor some cause if you tilt it too much it can run a bit too much. That's why I gave it a 3 on packaging quality.

But, after one use, I'm hooked.

Update: Still fantastic!

on 9/23/2009 3:37:00 PM

This is great for rosacea-prone people as fall back when skin is acting up. However, I really do get why people would have problem with it as a facial day moisturizer. Especially when you first apply, you notice oil texture--might make it awkward for women on the go applying any makeup. Sweet almond oil does absorb, but it does gradually in stages. So, good option for a night face moisturizer when your skin is super sensitive. But everyone, great for putting a few drops in bath in winter. Also, great for after shaving legs and for massages.
The only reason I'm taking a lippie off is that it's very easy for people to put too much, especially on face. I'm not advocating for oil manufacturers to add one of those small-drop dispensing pumps to almond oil bottles: it will jack up price and part of why we like this product is it's cheap and lasts a long time. Instead, for people having problem putting too much, try putting tiny amount in small cup, bowl, or tiny receptacle and then dabbing finger at edge of oil and see how far just the amount on finger spreads and covers. One flaw w/human nature is the idea if a little is good, a lot may be great. Have noticed so many stories of skin malfunctions w/products can be traced back to putting too much of a product. But w/all that said, sweet almond oil is NOT like olive oil as skin care product, not as heavy, sure isn't as oilly/greasy, and does not have the smell factor like olive oil does. The only people I could foresee having problems w/this are people w/allergies to any type of nut products and people who don't like almond scents. (Though, to tell you the truth, I don't even really notice almond scent w/oil, but recognize there are people w/keener noses than mine.) Update: forgot to mention yet another use for it. If your moisturizer is not moisturizing enough, but you don't want to have spend a pile on a new moisturizer, add a drop of almond oil to your moisturizer.

I find almond oil to be very moisturizing on my body, which is great. It also leaves a nice, sexy sheen during the first couple of hours when you apply it. However, I'm scared to use this on my face, because it might be too greasy. I do put it on the ends of my hair, though, and it makes it all soft. Almond oil (at least the one I have) has no scent, which I don't really really mind, although I tend to like scented products since I'm not allergic to fragrance and they usually smell nice. I would buy it again, although I'm going to try one of Weleda's body oils next, to see if it works any better.

on 3/17/2009 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A nice light oil for moisturizing skin and hair. Gentle on face for sensitive skin. Not a miracle oil or anything. Has good vitamin e content. My main reason for low score is I can't stand the smell, but I hate almond scents. The plain, straight oil is strongly scented of almonds. Makes me icky. If you don't mind/ or like an almond scent though this is for you.

on 8/26/2007 9:05:00 AM

Though I haven't used this for hair treatments, i did use it for my navel piercing following the advice of a lovely little old man at the local health food store after I told him i'd been getting all sorts of nasty redness and infections. Within a week and a half, all drying, redness, and infections had gone away, and my piercing was well on its way to being healed. And this is coming from a girl who probably has the worse history known to mankind when comes to piercings of ANY sort (2 year earlobe infection anyone?), so yeah, this stuff is pretty darn good.

on 5/23/2007 6:31:00 PM

i like almond oil for moisturizing, since my sensitive rosacea-afflicted skin can't tolerate much without getting irritation or stinging. it has that nice light scent, it's natural, and a bottle lasts forever. i do throw it out when i get black swirlies in the bottom, whatever that means. i guess i keep it too long. anyhow, one thing i don't like about it is how greasy it tends to make my face. i have to dab it well before i put sunscreen and foundation over it. it's also hard to travel with, unless, say, your family has an extra bottle in their fridge. it also doesn't serve as a good primer under makeup, if you need extra smoothing in of rough places. it's very basic but works well for me. may be slightly comedogenic, but i hardly notice since the tradeoff is worth it to have something i can actually use for now.

Popular Hair Products