August 22, 2014 | 1187 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Kiehl's - Supremely Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 1:04:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

This is extremely gentle and doesn't burn my eyes or my sensitive eyelids. This is huge considering the fact that I have had allergic, red eyelids lately. It also does a decent job of removing eye m/u.

But I think I have gotten so used to the bi-phasic eye m/u removers which seem to remove all bits of e/l. The Kiehl's always seems to leave a bit of e/l residue behind. This is even after soaking my lids with the remover for about ten seconds. For that reason I won't give it five lippies.

I got this because I thought I might be allergic to the benzylkonium chloride found in bi-phasic removers. But several days after switching to Kiehl's, I got my eyelid irritation again. So maybe it's not the benzylkonium chloride that's a problem. And I can't afford to get allergy testing...I am hoping that I am not allergic to MAC e/s and e/l...I have had this problem ever since I started using MAC eye m/u regularly...that would seriously suck!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by csk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent makeup remover. It's really gentle, not greasy/oily at all, and very effective at removing eye makeup. I was told by the Kiehl's clerk to apply some onto a cotton pad, lightly press over your closed eye (with eyelashes up), wait a couple seconds for it to work on makeup, and then wipe. I think is reasonably priced for something for the eye area. I'll always repurchase this, which is something I can't say for most things!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by babydoll8766

Extremely gentle eye makeup remover!! Takes off makeup in a jiff, and it will not irritate the most sensitive eyes!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Cabintree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wear Kiss Me Mascara which is really hard to get off. This is so gentle and yet it really dissolves the tubes. (that is what they call the coatings on your lashes, great stuff, my HG mascara) I have problems finding eye make up removers that don't: sting, leave my eyes cloudy with oil, dry out the skin around my eyes. This one does it right. My sensitive allergy eyes are happy, bright and clear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This eye makeup remover is the most gentle I've ever used. If you're afraid to wash your eye area or have super-senitive skin, this product is for you. The milky texture and fact that it's fragrance-free makes it even better. It takes off mascara and eyeliner right away and you don't have to scrub at your eye area at all. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 10:46:00 AM More reviews by norikos

I've used H2O, Lancome, Evian, Guinot and several other asian brands and nothing can take off my Shiseido Mascara and Base as well as this! Shiseido mascara is easy to take off on its own, but paired with the mascara base, it's the most difficult combo to take off.

My previous solution with the other removers is to shower with my makeup on, then use the remover to take off what's left and finally do the full facial cleansing. But with Kiehls, I did not need to do that and it is so gentle that it does not sting the eyes.

What to do with stubborn makeup. Dispense onto your botton pad/kleenex, and place the pad on your eyes, leave for about 15 seconds to let the makeup dissolve, then do your up/down passes to get the rest of the makeup off. No rinsing required!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2007 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Schnarpsel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very gentle eye makeup remover. The consistency is that of a creamy lotion. However, the product does not work well at all.

I tried putting it on a cotton pad and wiping my eyelids with it - very little of my mascara was actually removed. I would say that on average it takes 4 attempts to get my eyes semi-clean. Applying this remover directly to the lashes, working it in, and then wiping it off with Kleenex works a bit better but by no means well and also requires several attempts.

More applications mean that one must use a lot of the remover, and also more irritation on the eyelids because of the necessary rubbing. The remover itself is, as said before, very gentle, does not sting or irritate the eyes. But it simply does not remove makeup well at all. Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Velma58

I love the creamy consistancy of this product, but it doesn't work that great in removing mascara. I don't even use waterproof mascara so it shouldn't be that difficult.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2007 12:21:00 AM More reviews by pavedwithstars

this is my second bottle of this product. I've used Dior eye make-up remover before, but it was alright. i've recommended this kiehls remover to a lot of my friends who don't wear heavy make-up. i think it's an ideal make-up remover for ppl who wear light make-up. It gives a clean feel after using it. Also it's such a good price for such a big bottle, and it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2006 2:54:00 AM More reviews by phdprincess

Very gentle, doesn't leave a residue, removes all my make-up and great for use w/my contacts in.