The Body Shop Fragrance-Free Elderflower Eye Gel

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Dark: Water, Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Hybrid Safflower) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Iron Oxides, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Stearic Acid, Tapioca Starch, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Kinetin, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Aminomethyl Propanol. Light: Water, Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Iron Oxides, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Stearic Acid, Tapioca Starch, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Kinetin, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Aminomethyl Propanol. Medium: Water, Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Iron Oxides, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Stearic Acid, Tapioca Starch, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Kinetin, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Aminomethyl Propanol.

on 2/22/2009 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this product only to releive the dryness after my night routine. 'cause I don't like using an intensive eye cream at night as it makes my eyes puffy in the morning. I sometimes use it for my lips too but it gets sticky when you use more than you need.
It's not suitable to use under make-up (for it's sticky). It's not expensive but don't bother if you need a real eye treatment.

on 1/31/2009 9:27:00 PM

It dose not do much to your eyes; not hydrating it, not decrease puffiness. There must be something that is better than this.

on 12/9/2008 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

this is a product that does nothing good and nothing bad. If you just want something to moisture your under eye area, get this. It is very lightweight, and you won't get "bumps" from using it. Since i am getting old, I need something that is mroe powerful and anti-aging.
So i won't buy this again.

summary:

pro: lightweight, somewhat moisturing
con: doesn't really fight fine lines, and it is not anti-aging.

on 12/5/2008 10:28:00 PM

Pros:
- I have very sensitive skin around the eyes and this eye gel is not irritative to me.
- Cheap. I sometimes use it as eye mask.

Cons:
- Can't see any effect about dark circles or fine lines.
- Doesn't moisturize enough cuz the texture is too thin.

It really depends. Several friends of mine think it is effective in preventing dark circles when they stay up late. But I don't think I'll buy it again.

on 11/18/2008 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this earlier. I can't explain why, but this seems to work wonders for the skin around my eyes. Everytime I run out of this and use something else for a few days, I notice the difference. The skin seems to be less hydrated because some temporary lines appear. They fade after continuing the use of this gel. There probably could be a better/cheaper option for this one, but it's really hard to find an eye gel that actually is a gel instead of a runny emulsion.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

My eyes feel fresh after using this, but it takes a while for the effect to take place (few weeks for me) The packaging is alright but with a jar you need to be more careful of how you take out the product to avoid contamination. I make sure my hands are clean and I use one finger to gently take some. I find that it dries quite quickly on my skin and I can put make up over it soon after. If it wasn't for the discount I wouldn't have bought it, but it seems alright. I hope I can find a better/cheaper eye gel later on.

on 10/1/2008 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well I bought this on a whim - can't really remember why, I think it had something to do with the shop assistant being extra sweet and nice, so I probably just didn't want to exit the store empty handed. It doesn't really do much of anything; won't help if you have dark circles (which I do have to the maximum), but that's no surprise because it doesn't claim to. All it seems capable of is soothing puffy or irritated eyes. I keep it in the fridge, as the shop assistant told me to do, and it feels cool, refreshing and pleasant when I'm tired or my eyes feel uncomfortable. I guess it can be helpful on mornings when you have a hangover or haven't slept much.
It feels watery and a bit sticky, and you have to wait a bit for it to dry, so not very convenient to use under makeup if you're in a rush. Also the first couple of times I used it I got a reaction - my eyes got red and teary. But that doesn't happen anymore.
All in all I don't really get the purpose of this product. Sure, it does kind of help make puffy eyes more comfortable, but you can get the same results - maybe even better - with natural remedies like teabags or cotton balls dipped in chamomille (which by the way I find quite effective). The price is ok, but I think next time I'll keep my money for something more useful.

on 8/7/2008 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this is not that bad. if u apply it to ur upper lid, it works! since the function of this eye gel is for puffiness so it wont work for ur dark circle or wrinkle. i apply it on my upper lids and it smoothes my lids and my lids look not that puffy. and 10 dollars is a very cheap price for eye treatment.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The gel feels cool and smooth around my eyes, and the great thing is I can use this as a moisturizer base for my eye makeup!

on 4/15/2008 9:41:00 PM

This is a very ordinary product. If you live in Australia, Natio make a daytime eye gel which costs about half the price for more product and comes in a sanitary tube rather than a little jar. Elderflower eye gel is fairly watery, the cooling effects are temporary and a good aloe vera gel kept in the fridge would do just as well. I think the Body Shop only keep this on for younger people who don't have any problems with their eye area and who therefore find the temporary cooling effect is enough for when they are tired or their eye area is slightly irritated. For the rest of us, something more substantial is needed.