L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof

3.7

isodecane - aqua (water) - cera alba (beeswax) - disteardimonium hectorite - carnauba wax - paraffin - alcohol denat. - allyl stearate/va copolymer - propylene carbonate - oryza sativa (rice) starch - polyvinyl laurate - peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone - synthetic wax - dimethicone - propylparaben - 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanedio - dimethiconol - sodium dna. May contain [ /- ci 77492, ci 77499, ci 77491 / iron oxides - ci 77007 / ultramarines - ci 77891 / titanium dioxide - mica - ci 75470 / carmine - ci 77288 / chromium oxide green - ci 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide]

on 3/4/2013 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This mascara is my basic go-to product. It's the mascara that I don't have to think about buying when I am need. That being said, it's not a perfect product.
As someone with bone-straight eyelashes that are decently long, my mascara has to be waterproof and have holding power, or else, sorry but what ever other benefits it may have had, I just won't notice. In my experience, waterproof mascaras tend to have the best holding power. L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof does a great job of getting my lashes up (with the help of a curler of course, this isn't a miracle product) and keeping them up. Since so few other mascaras do this for me, Voluminous already gets points from me, but like I said earlier, this product isn't perfect.
It does tend to smudge a little part way through the day, though this may be partially because I have very oily skin. And though it smudges, I never notice that it detracts from the look of my mascara, nor is it difficult to quickly wipe away.
Back to the good things; Despite being waterproof, it's easily washable with just water and a bit of face wash. It's buildable without clumping (within reason of course, all mascaras are going to look clumpy after a certain amount of coats!), which is great because it means I don't have to use a different mascara for school as I do for going out. Regularly priced at about $10 (here in Canada), but it often goes on sale for $5 to $7, which is pretty good.
Overall, this is a great standard mascara if you don't wind wiping under your eyes maybe once (and really only maybe) during the day!

on 2/25/2013 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My main problem with this mascara is that it smudges. It gives lovely drama and is gently waterproof, but my skin and eyelids are oily, and I get smudges all under my eyes within a few hours. I usually only use this mascara on my top lashes for "night out" makeup, and I still get raccoon eyes. I'll probably use it up, but I won't rebuy.

on 2/25/2013 6:20:00 PM

I thought this was fantastic mascara for the first two weeks of use. Gradually and progressively, I developed what I thought was an unrelated problem: Pinkeye. After a visit to an eye doctor, I stopped using this mascara and switched brands. That's when the eye irritation disappeared (it wasn't Pinkeye). I can no longer wear any L'Oreal mascaras due to some as-of-yet-unidentified ingredient that I'm apparently allergic to. Sad but true....

on 2/20/2013 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Pros

- volume
- no clumping
- no smudging/flaking
- holds curl
- waterproof

Cons

- very dry formula

Comments: Not sure if I picked up a bad tube, but this stuff is SO dry. However, after applying a few drops of visine in the tube...it worked great. I achieved amazing volume with no clumps at all.

Will repurchase.

Another product I have using off and on for about 13 yrs. I will wonder off and try something new but always come back to this. I buy it in black. It goes on smooth and is buildable. It is comparable to more expensive brands. I really like this product and will continue to buy in the future.

I've been using L'Oreal Voluminous mascara for a very long time. I personally have very short eye lashes and this product gives my lashes some serious length and volume. When it comes to drugstore brands I definitely think this mascara is the best. Every time I try a new mascara I always find myself going right back to L'Oreal. And the price isn't bad for the quality.... If you haven't tried it yet you have to get a tube of this stuff, it's great!

Bought this product on a whim at bed bath and beyond. I've used it before at my friends house and did like the way it made my lashes look. However the water proof version does take a lot of makeup remover to remove and when I wake up in the morning I still have to use a little bit more remover to get the rest off. Overall i love this mascara and one pump for each eye is all you need! Makes your eyes pop!

on 1/27/2013 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hands down, this is the BEST mascara ever! I've used the Waterproof Voluminous mascara for years and there is nothing else (including dept store brands) that compares to how full/thick it makes my very skimpy lashes look. No clumps. No flakes. NO watery eyes from an allergic reaction. Just perfect FULL lush looking lashes that will stand up to showers, swimming, and hot humid summer days.

As for removing the mascara? I can't believe some members are complaining it's hard to get off. If you use the right remover, there are no issues. The only remover I use is Almay Moisturizing Remover Pads (they are the oily ones). The mascara comes off easily. No issues.

Btw, I just tried the L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous "Million Lashes" by mistake, and it is HORRIBLE! OMG. :( Worst product ever! It barely put any mascara onto my very fine, thin, pathetic lashes. What a waste of money!! L'Oreal better NOT be replacing my HG mascara with this mess of a product!! Leave my beloved original L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Mascara alone!

__________________________________________

UPDATE:
OOps! I spoke too soon about L'Oreal Million Lashes Waterproof Mascara!
I actually now even reach for this one more often. It did have quite the learning curve (I have to apply a lot more strokes to get the fullness I want), BUT the results are amazing. I get a much more fluttery, light, feathery, FULL look to my lashes. It does make it seem as though I have a lot more lash hairs than I've ever seen before. The effect is gorgeous -- it's full, but not heavy/thick. Whereas the regular Voluminous waterproof (which I still do love!) coats each individual lash a lot more heavily. Both looks are fabulous, and both wear like iron.

on 1/26/2013 11:20:00 PM

I've been repurchasing this mascara for the past 2 years because it works really well for my sparse and straight lashes. I have no problems with smudging or the mascara not being able to hold the curl.

After reading some of the review on MUA, I see lots of people complaining that they can't get this mascara off, but there is a way!! I use almay get up and grow mascara first then I apply the l'oreal voluminous on top (I know some of you are thinking that it's going to clump but it actually doesn't!). Then when I want to take it off, I just use some baby oil on a cotton pad, hold it on my eye for 3 seconds and it's completely gone!

Hope this helps someone!

on 1/22/2013 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the only mascara I will and can use. The waterproof version holds the curls all day without flaking. It clumps a little but u can easily remove it with a brush when it's still wet. It makes my skinny asian lashes so fat and long and look so dramatic.And it truely is waterproof, crying is no problem but it will eventually run off if u go swimming with it. I gotten so many compliments on my eyes and lashes. With a #1 couple in the mail it's only $5. Must buy!!!