MAC Frost - Angel

on 5/9/2014 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I avoided buying this product because of the KK hype - I don't particularly like her or her lipstick look.
However I found myself at the MAC counter ( as one does) and decided I wanted a delicate everyday pink that wouldn't look to Barbie on me. I swatched this on my hand and it looked nice on my pale cool toned skin. I didnt even read the name until I went to purchase it.
This is now one of my most frequent used lipsticks, i think its a great all rounder.

on 4/11/2014 2:03:00 PM

Bought into the KK hype. Very moisturizing going on and stays that way for me. Don't know why it is categorized as frost. It doesn't appear that way on me at all. Much more a sheer glaze. The pink does show tho. More than what suits me presently. Moisturizing enough that I would never need to wear gloss over. It's nice. Not extraordinary for me. Will not repurchase.

on 4/7/2014 12:47:00 PM

I am a self-admitted lipstick addict, and this is one of my top three favorite lippies! I have NC15 skin, or 1N1 in Estee Lauder, and this is a really pretty pinky/nude shade on me. I love MAC's lipsticks, my preferred formula is either Cremesheen or Amplified. Angel is supposed to be a "Frost" lipstick, but honestly I don't see a hint of frost in it. It is a beautiful light pink that would work on so many different skin tones! Angel applies so smooth, it never pulls at my lips or settles in fine lines. I find it to be neither moisturizing or drying, and it lasts about 4 hours on me, which is great in my opinion. It doesn't feather or bleed, and when it does start to fade it does so in an attractive manner. I have repurchased this lipstick a couple of times, and I will continue to do so as I run out. I would definitely reccomend this to anyone looking for a pretty light pink lippy! Also it smells divine, like all MAC's lipsticks do, it's a real treat to put on!

Love this lipstick.. My everyday go to shade!

on 3/28/2014 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had been looking for a pinky nude for a while and kept coming back ti the reviews for this one. I took the plunge and picked one up and am very happy i did :-)

It is the perfect pinky nude for me at the moment (no tan - NC30) and i can even wear this when i tan up to NC35. I like to use it when i do a smokey eye or where quite a bit of black eyeliner and it looks very kim kardash like lol!!!

However this washes me out if i am more tan than NC35 which normally happens if i go away on a 2 week holiday somewhere really hot!!! Recently i picked up the L'Oreal Nude in 'Eva's Shade' so hopefully this will work for me as a nude lip when i am NC35-40.

If you are looking for a pinky nude and your skin tone is up to NC35 then i would suggest trying this but wouldn't bother if you are darker than NC35 as i think it will make you look washed out and unnatural x

on 3/19/2014 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I tried this lipstick many times. Always reading great reviews, hoping that maybe I will like it another day.. but always the same story. I understand it's frosty lipstick, however for me it looks too frosty and ugly.

on 2/15/2014 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a light pink frosted lipstick.I found that it goes well with the Plum Seduction palette from Clinique and Baby Sparks lip gloss from MAC.Staying power isn't brilliant but it is a lovely colour that seems to compliment my coolish skin tone and blue eyes really nicely. Price wise it seems good value and applies very well.

on 2/12/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Seems like I am constantly reapplying this, I wear it with MAC STRIPDOWN lipliner and a generous topping of Nars Turkish Delight. I said in my review of STRIPDOWN that I am a little late on the whole Kim K. thing, but this trio IS amazing!! I will probably repurchase esp at the rate I am using these 3 up at! This is a high maintenance look with how it seems like I am constantly touching this up. That is the only downside as Angel is a gorgeous color. This doesn't have much brown in it which is a bit of a deviation from my normal lip colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Would have gave it 5 put it doesnt last long. Nice baby pink on me. Doesnt dry my lips out at all actually moisturzing. I like to wear it on basic days when i dont wear any makeup except lipstick and mascara not really a natural look but a basic sunday evening kind of look.

on 2/2/2014 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love it. It's not a showstopper color by any means, but it looks very chic and pretty on my super-pale skin on the days I'm not in the mood for bright red or pink. I have Creme Cup as well but find that leans more lavender, whereas Angel is more neutral and natural-looking without getting into dull MLBB territory.

Popular Lipsticks