Tarte Be MATTEnificent

4.9

on 2/1/2014 8:10:00 PM

I am not normally a matte shadow person, at 52 I still love shimmer. I waited to buy this until I could swatch it in a store. LOVE this! I did not want the Naked Basics palette as it had a too brown twist on it, this palette is perfect for my green eyes. I used it with Urban Decay Rockstar (a shimmer), then the rest of my eyeshadow look came from this palette, love the dark purple matte, payoff is great. Highly recommend. Already bought a backup.

on 1/31/2014 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am obsessed with this palette. I knew I had to have it as soon as I saw it! This is limited edition. You get 8 beautiful powder shadows (2 of them can double as powder eyeliners) and a nice size blush. All of the colors are new and exclusive just to this palette. I would say this is very neutral/cool toned and obviously all colors are matte. The colors blend beautifully and are long wearing. I just can't get over how perfect this is for fair skinned women because I feel we are often overlooked in the cosmetic world. This palette is perfect for traveling, the colors are perfect for every day looks and you could use the brown/black shadows to create smokey eyes for a night out. So much potential!

8 eyeshadows from top left to right:
1. "Sand Out From the Crowd" - warm beige with a hint of yellow tone, I would say this is
the warmest base color in the palette
2. "Peach for the Stars" - pale neutral peach
3. "Two Plums Up" - cool, rich deep purple

Middle from left to right:
4. "Pink Outside the Box" - pale cool baby pink
5. "Rose to the Occasion" - cool pink hued mauve/taupe
6. "View from the taupe" - cool grey/brown taupe

Bottom left to right (eyeliner shadows):
7. "Dream in Chocolate" - dark chocolate brown
8. "Don't Stand Black" - black

Far Left Blusher:
elevated - neutral rosy taupe

The packaging is gorgeous. It is sturdy and heavy (not in a bad way, but as in feels expensive). The cover is pretty, it looks like an amethyst crystal. Inside it has a huge mirror that is high quality and takes up the entire lid. They also give you a decent little brush instead of sponge tip applicators. This palette was $36 and worth every penny, I would not say it is horribly over priced for the quality. If you are fair skinned, older or just love mattes then this is for you.

on 1/27/2014 10:06:00 PM

Add me to to the lovers of this palette. I'm relatively "new" at eyeshadow, having not worn any since my teens in the 80s. Fast forward today after years of being a single parent not having money or time to play with makeup. Now it is all about me and makeup has become my obsession. I followed the card for the "your moment in the sun" look and have worn it a couple of times. So easy for a beginner like me! So pretty too on my fair skin! Way better than the UD Naked Basics I bought last month. Perfect for someone who does not want shimmery or over the top. Now I just have to figure how to wear the plum color. Oh yeah, the blush is gorgeous too!

I absolutely love everything about this palette, the brush, the colors, ease of application and the case. It is LE, so I am buying a backup.

on 1/27/2014 9:06:00 PM

LOVE everything about this palette. The packaging is gorgeous. I love that it has a large mirror on the inside. The shadows are Perfect for someone like me that can't do glitter or shimmer any more because of age. The eyeliners are Perfect, one black, one chocolate, they don't look too harsh on me and blend seamlessly with the shadows. The blush is absolutely the most Perfect neutral shade and has just the right amount of pigmentation. I think for the price you get a lot. It really is quite beautiful. Did I say Perfect? I would buy again if it were available.

on 1/22/2014 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! Yes, some of the shadows are similar, but they are different enough from each other to make different looks, and by combining them, you can make many looks. This is a fantastic every day palette that you don't have to think about. The shadows are smooth and creamy and a mix of warm and cool pinks. The blush is a perfect typical Tarte blush, very pretty and natural. The two eyeliner shades can be used as shadows if need be - really, there's not much missing here.

on 1/16/2014 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The is an all matte eyeshadow and blush pallette. Limmited edition. Colors are black and brown powder liner colors, beige, peach, sand, light pink, rose , taupe, and plum. Aloing with blush shade called Elevated. Very nice amazonian clay products. Blendable and wearable. Eye shadows are mostly all lighter basic colors. The dark plum is unique and very nice shade. The blush is a light brownish rose shade. Neutral everyday color. Very versatile pallete. Good for travel as it contains shadows to do easy everyday basic looks along with basic blush. You could use liner colored shadows for a smoky eye if needed as well. Eye brush is lovely. Two looks are included on card with pallette so it's easy to use. Great neutral toned matte pallete I'd definitely reccommend.

Popular Palettes