Tarte Be MATTEnificent

4.9

on 2/14/2014 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I never thought that I would say this about a pallette, but this is HG. You get 6 shadows, two liners, and a very flattering blush. This is what I wanted Naked Basics to be. The shades are much more flattering and not as close as the Urban Decay pallette. I didn't like how two of the shades were nearly identical and one of the shades had shimmer in it. For me, only three out of the five shades were practical for me.
The brush is a nice suprise, since it works. Applicators that come with an acutal product usually doesn't work very well. I dislike that this palette is Limited edition, so I'm contemplating buying a backup before they take it off shelves. I would repurchase.

on 2/13/2014 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my first Tarte experience and I am super impressed. The shadows are very buttery and pigmented. Stupid me used too much thinking they probably wouldn't be and I ended up with a smokey eye lol. LOVE the matte shadows and wish this was permanent. The blush in here is gorgeous and very pigmented.

Palette includes:
- eyeshadow in dream in chocolate (black brown)
- eyeshadow in view from the taupe (taupe)
- eyeshadow in peach for the stars (peach)
- eyeshadow in sand out from the crowd (warm beige)
- eyeshadow in pink outside the box (soft pink)
- eyeshadow in rose to the occasion (rosy pink)
- eyeshadow in don't stand black (black)
- eyeshadow in two plums up
and the blush is in elevated (a nude color with pink)

I wish the blush was sold separate because this is a nice shade and very flattering. It's very natural and no shimmer.

The palette packaging is just beautiful and has a abalone look to it. I am very impressed with this company and will be buying more from them.

on 2/3/2014 9:45:00 PM

As a matte lover, this is almost my perfect travel palette in theory. This is the first time i've tried tartes eyeshadows and have to say that the quality is amazing. The shadows aren't as soft as say stila or lorac but that isn't a bad thing. They are incredibly buttery and pigmented and when applied, the colour goes on so smoothly.

The one thing I might change is maybe have slightly darker midtones. They blend nicely with my nc42 skin but are on the fence between being a lid or a crease colour. I love the fact that they have the 2 darker shades to be used as liner. The blush is also such a gorgeous soft pink and the quality lives up to tartes usual amazing amazonian clay blushes. However, it is a little too light for my skin tone and I really have to pack on the pigment. It also has a giant mirror and dual ended eyeshadow brush. I would usually carry my own brushes for travel anyway but it is nice to have one in the palette too. The brush is really good quality and I enjoy using it. Lastly, the outside case is made of a hard metal so it's very sturdy and would feel safe to chuck into my purse for commuting.

All in all I think tarte did a fantastic job with this palette. The colours are gorgeous and the quality is fantastic. I wish they would make a version for darker skinned girls as well though. I feel like the 4 lighter shades look too similar on my eyelids. I was so drawn to the beautiful taupe and lilac but they look the same on my lids. I will continue to use my palette because it is great quality and still beautiful colours, but wouldn't repurchase.

on 2/1/2014 8:10:00 PM

I am not normally a matte shadow person, at 52 I still love shimmer. I waited to buy this until I could swatch it in a store. LOVE this! I did not want the Naked Basics palette as it had a too brown twist on it, this palette is perfect for my green eyes. I used it with Urban Decay Rockstar (a shimmer), then the rest of my eyeshadow look came from this palette, love the dark purple matte, payoff is great. Highly recommend. Already bought a backup.

on 1/31/2014 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am obsessed with this palette. I knew I had to have it as soon as I saw it! This is limited edition. You get 8 beautiful powder shadows (2 of them can double as powder eyeliners) and a nice size blush. All of the colors are new and exclusive just to this palette. I would say this is very neutral/cool toned and obviously all colors are matte. The colors blend beautifully and are long wearing. I just can't get over how perfect this is for fair skinned women because I feel we are often overlooked in the cosmetic world. This palette is perfect for traveling, the colors are perfect for every day looks and you could use the brown/black shadows to create smokey eyes for a night out. So much potential!

8 eyeshadows from top left to right:
1. "Sand Out From the Crowd" - warm beige with a hint of yellow tone, I would say this is
the warmest base color in the palette
2. "Peach for the Stars" - pale neutral peach
3. "Two Plums Up" - cool, rich deep purple

Middle from left to right:
4. "Pink Outside the Box" - pale cool baby pink
5. "Rose to the Occasion" - cool pink hued mauve/taupe
6. "View from the taupe" - cool grey/brown taupe

Bottom left to right (eyeliner shadows):
7. "Dream in Chocolate" - dark chocolate brown
8. "Don't Stand Black" - black

Far Left Blusher:
elevated - neutral rosy taupe

The packaging is gorgeous. It is sturdy and heavy (not in a bad way, but as in feels expensive). The cover is pretty, it looks like an amethyst crystal. Inside it has a huge mirror that is high quality and takes up the entire lid. They also give you a decent little brush instead of sponge tip applicators. This palette was $36 and worth every penny, I would not say it is horribly over priced for the quality. If you are fair skinned, older or just love mattes then this is for you.

on 1/27/2014 10:06:00 PM

Add me to to the lovers of this palette. I'm relatively "new" at eyeshadow, having not worn any since my teens in the 80s. Fast forward today after years of being a single parent not having money or time to play with makeup. Now it is all about me and makeup has become my obsession. I followed the card for the "your moment in the sun" look and have worn it a couple of times. So easy for a beginner like me! So pretty too on my fair skin! Way better than the UD Naked Basics I bought last month. Perfect for someone who does not want shimmery or over the top. Now I just have to figure how to wear the plum color. Oh yeah, the blush is gorgeous too!

I absolutely love everything about this palette, the brush, the colors, ease of application and the case. It is LE, so I am buying a backup.

on 1/27/2014 9:06:00 PM

LOVE everything about this palette. The packaging is gorgeous. I love that it has a large mirror on the inside. The shadows are Perfect for someone like me that can't do glitter or shimmer any more because of age. The eyeliners are Perfect, one black, one chocolate, they don't look too harsh on me and blend seamlessly with the shadows. The blush is absolutely the most Perfect neutral shade and has just the right amount of pigmentation. I think for the price you get a lot. It really is quite beautiful. Did I say Perfect? I would buy again if it were available.

on 1/22/2014 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! Yes, some of the shadows are similar, but they are different enough from each other to make different looks, and by combining them, you can make many looks. This is a fantastic every day palette that you don't have to think about. The shadows are smooth and creamy and a mix of warm and cool pinks. The blush is a perfect typical Tarte blush, very pretty and natural. The two eyeliner shades can be used as shadows if need be - really, there's not much missing here.

on 1/16/2014 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The is an all matte eyeshadow and blush pallette. Limmited edition. Colors are black and brown powder liner colors, beige, peach, sand, light pink, rose , taupe, and plum. Aloing with blush shade called Elevated. Very nice amazonian clay products. Blendable and wearable. Eye shadows are mostly all lighter basic colors. The dark plum is unique and very nice shade. The blush is a light brownish rose shade. Neutral everyday color. Very versatile pallete. Good for travel as it contains shadows to do easy everyday basic looks along with basic blush. You could use liner colored shadows for a smoky eye if needed as well. Eye brush is lovely. Two looks are included on card with pallette so it's easy to use. Great neutral toned matte pallete I'd definitely reccommend.

Popular Palettes